watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wearing Fulham shirt other than at matches

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, July 04, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shredhead

I wear my FFC cycling kit up on the South Downs and my 75 retro Cup Final shirt on holiday to spread the love.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Mokes

I work in a sports bar in Sydney Australia, everyone wears sports kits behind the bar most wear NBA, NFL or Rugby Jerseys. I usually rock my Fulham shirt though.

snarks

I bought the "marathon bet" black and orange away shirt, wore it for the first time for Watford at home - lost 5-0, and had Betts sent of. It went into the drawer and has not seen daylight since. Taught me to never buy another shirt, and as for wearing one whilst not at the game as any sort of "leisure wear" you can go away in short jerky movements if you think that looks good.

Vinnieffc

Nope. Football shirts and my earrings came off when I hit my 40's as I felt I was getting a bit old for them. Got 5 nice FFC polo shirts though which are more acceptable..

Woolly Mammoth

I would not normally wear a replica shirt, as I see enough fat bald blokes with pot bellies wearing their different clubs shirts, and what a pathetic sight they look.
I am neither fat nor bald, and do not have a pot belly.
Nevertheless, I have been reluctant to wear one at my age since I was in my 40s.
However, my eldest son bought me the Shirt that was the all white kit we had a few years ago, which is the only kit I have really liked, apart from one other in the Louis Saha days.
It was a size XXXL. Unfortunately I could not wear it as my arms as well as my chest are big due to weight lifting. It was too uncomfortable, But especially my arms were too big, the short sleeves were too small for my upper arms.
I would have worn that particular shirt, but unfortunately I can only look at it.
Luckily my son has forgiven me.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

I wear a fulham t shirt when playing sport or down the allotment

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Woolly Mammoth

At the next fancy dress party I may decide to go dressed as a Cardboard Cut Out instead of going as a Motorway Road Cone, which has been my usual attire when attending these functions. Until one night on the way back from one of those fancy dress parties dressed as a Road Cone, I took it too far, and asked the wife to drop me off at the road works at the junction of the M25 & A3, and pick me up the next morning.
Unfortunately a Motorway Road Gang got there before her, and lifted me on a flat back low loader, and 90 minutes later I ended up on a traffic diversion on a roundabout in Winchester. So since then my enthusiasm to dress as a Road Cone has tapered.
So going as a Card Board Cut Out of Sepp Blatter might be safer.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

I think I have posted my last post on the wrong thread, it was meant for Peabody s Cardboard Cutout thread. 

Never forget your Roots.

The Equalizer

Quote from: HatterDon on July 05, 2017, 04:36:15 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on July 04, 2017, 10:37:36 PM
And can the Brian McBride Brigade please go and watch a game of his before voting. We're after quality strikers, not overrated carthorses who succeed when the rest of the team sucks.

Tom! Tom! Great comment, but wrong thread. Put the kid down and pay attention to your phone!

lol! I must've been quite drunk.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Wearing a replica shirt in public should stop when you hit 30.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 14, 2017, 03:31:11 PM
Agreed - 30 years of age and definitely 30" round the waist.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 14, 2017, 03:33:52 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 14, 2017, 03:31:11 PM
Agreed - 30 years of age and definitely 30" round the waist.

I just buy them bigger  :doh:

I have three tops, two home and one red away LG.  I tend to wear them out but only when I'm not going to mess them up.  I also wear them when coaching so as to spread the word according to Fulham  049:gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

WokinghamWhite

Quote from: Scrumpy on July 04, 2017, 10:35:38 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 04, 2017, 09:15:51 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
Quote from: filham on July 04, 2017, 08:21:44 PM
I noticed the Speaker in the commons has indicated that male members need not wear ties. As the dress code is relaxed I am eagerly awaiting to see the first Fulham shirt in the commons chamber.
As far as I'm aware there are no Fulham supporting MPs yet

There have been.
Tom Greatrex was an MP until 2015.
Steve Pound, MP for Acton with a massive majority is also a huge FFC fan. Once met him in a car park at Swansea Away and he was a very likeable guy. Clearly passionate about FFC.

Other MP's regard Steve Pound as the wittiest/funniest politician in Parliament, so it's nice to know he's a Fulham man too. I do wear the Fulham training shirt (the one with just the FFC logo) on really hot days because it wicks away sweat, but I'd not be seen wearing a replica top except at a match - and even then only when it's a really big match.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: WokinghamWhite on July 14, 2017, 06:22:08 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on July 04, 2017, 10:35:38 PM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 04, 2017, 09:15:51 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
Quote from: filham on July 04, 2017, 08:21:44 PM
I noticed the Speaker in the commons has indicated that male members need not wear ties. As the dress code is relaxed I am eagerly awaiting to see the first Fulham shirt in the commons chamber.
As far as I'm aware there are no Fulham supporting MPs yet

There have been.
Tom Greatrex was an MP until 2015.
Steve Pound, MP for Acton with a massive majority is also a huge FFC fan. Once met him in a car park at Swansea Away and he was a very likeable guy. Clearly passionate about FFC.

Other MP's regard Steve Pound as the wittiest/funniest politician in Parliament, so it's nice to know he's a Fulham man too. I do wear the Fulham training shirt (the one with just the FFC logo) on really hot days because it wicks away sweat, but I'd not be seen wearing a replica top except at a match - and even then only when it's a really big match.

Pound for Pound is he worth his place ?

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

I was doing some errands today and saw a guy wearing a Fulham 2014-2015 home shirt.  This completely surprised me as it is a huge rarity for me to see someone in a FFC shirt in the States.  So I approached the gentleman and asked him if he was a Fulham fan.  He said no, that he just collects  club shirts from all over the world.  I aksed him how he came by the shirt and he said his wife's business has an office in London and she attended a Fulham game with her coworkers while she was over there. 

He asked why I was a Fulham fan so I explained to him how Fulham has had more Americans then any other club in Europe.  He was surprised by this so I asked him what club he liked and followed.  He said Arsenal.  I bit my tounge, said oh and told him I loved the shirt.  Then I walked away thinking why oh why would you support Arsenal  fp.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: love4ffc on July 26, 2017, 07:54:46 PM
I was doing some errands today and saw a guy wearing a Fulham 2014-2015 home shirt.  This completely surprised me as it is a huge rarity for me to see someone in a FFC shirt in the States.  So I approached the gentleman and asked him if he was a Fulham fan.  He said no, that he just collects  club shirts from all over the world.  I aksed him how he came by the shirt and he said his wife's business has an office in London and she attended a Fulham game with her coworkers while she was over there. 

He asked why I was a Fulham fan so I explained to him how Fulham has had more Americans then any other club in Europe.  He was surprised by this so I asked him what club he liked and followed.  He said Arsenal.  I bit my tounge, said oh and told him I loved the shirt.  Then I walked away thinking why oh why would you support Arsenal  fp.gif

Thats very interesting, and also a coincidence, and alarming because that guy you met, immediately contacted the authorities over in England, extremely worried that he has met another man who had approached him, and who freely admitted supporting Fulham, without being pressured in doing so.
He has asked for a full investigation in case, and I quote " he is approached again by somebody admitting the same offence ".
So I thought I would give you the heads up, in case you get a visit from some guys wearing sunglasses 😎 early one morning. 

Never forget your Roots.

mrmicawbers

Got married in Corfu recently and no I didn't get wed in my Fulham gear.As the majority of my friends and family are Fulham fans we did have a Fulham day where we all went out with Fulham gear on.It was great fun.My now wife's family who are Danish thought it was great too.I have just sent over two Fulham Tops for two of the managers who Organised our wedding parties,they have promised to send me a photo of them wearing them.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: mrmicawbers on July 26, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
Got married in Corfu recently and no I didn't get wed in my Fulham gear.As the majority of my friends and family are Fulham fans we did have a Fulham day where we all went out with Fulham gear on.It was great fun.My now wife's family who are Danish thought it was great too.I have just sent over two Fulham Tops for two of the managers who Organised our wedding parties,they have promised to send me a photo of them wearing them.

Excellent, spreading the good word of Fulham FC, globally.

Never forget your Roots.

Fulhamfan666

Was wearing a Bayern top at AFC Wimbledon the other day for the laughs init.

Got some weird looks but love 'em ey!

Jonaldiniho 88

If I'm in England I wear a replica for five a side.

If I'm anywhere else on earth i wear it as a badge of honour. I keep my Fulham shirt as my most precious garment. I couldn't be prouder than to show when I'm in Tajikistan I still support Fulham.