watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wearing Fulham shirt other than at matches

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, July 04, 2017, 02:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I'm wondering how many of us wear our shirts other than at matches.
Some people seem to wear them all the time, even in bed and I constantly see all sorts
of other shirts worn around here although it's mostly Real Madrid and Barcelona
due to the large Mexican and Central American population.
I've only ever seen one person (3/4 year old kid) wearing a FFC shirt, in a supermarket
(grocery store :0) There's not too many ex-pats around here. (He and his Mum were as surprised as I was)

I know it's popular to 'wear the shirt' on holiday but does anyone wear it to unusual 'events' ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

aaronmcguigan

I don't wear the shirt but I wear the training gear like this years blue and last years fluorescent yellow out on hikes and gym etc

AlexW132

I just went down to town wearing my 2009-10 home shirt. I tend to wear them around the house and when I'm playing football. The problem is that I'm always paranoid of damaging them because I'm quite fond of my collection.

Mince n Tatties

I wear my old GMB one when painting or odd jobs.

RaySmith

I regularly used to wear my FA Cup Final shirt while working as a Chargehand gardener for Lambeth Council. One of the blokes in the gang was a Millwall supporter from the Old Kent Road, and he used to give me a lot of grief every time I wore it-banter - and I enjoyed winding him up.

I was reminded of this the other day, when my wife found the shirt while doing some clearing out of an old wardrobe - I've lived in several different places since I wore it - but it's a bit faded unfortunately.

At least I've still got it. My mum threw up a lot of valuable, at least to me, Fulham memorabilia - albums of signed  photos from the 60's of Haynes , etc,  programmes from the 60's, 70's, scarves, shirts etc, when I moved out of the family home- without asking me if I wanted it.

Burt

Hardly ever... I have a rugby-top style FFC top that I wear occasionally when the weather is a bit perky but other than that I only really wear colours when I go to a match. Although I did bottle it v. Millwall a couple of seasons ago :)

hovewhite

Sometimes when im doing a gig i wear a fulham shirt.

YankeeJim

I only wear mine when  i have sex. The Fulham kit has to have a winner eventually.   :Get Coat gif:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

bill taylors apprentice

Only recently bought a shirt (and shorts & socks) for the first time, but ONLY to wear while playing over 60's five a side and walking football.

IMO club shirts should never be worn out and about by anyone other than a child, I'm not sure about middle aged men wearing them to games either!

HatterDon

When it's not too flaming hot, I wear one of mine -- I especially enjoy doing so at gigs.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Woolly Mammoth

I only wear mine when I am deep sea diving.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

I noticed the Speaker in the commons has indicated that male members need not wear ties. As the dress code is relaxed I am eagerly awaiting to see the first Fulham shirt in the commons chamber.

AlexW132

Quote from: filham on July 04, 2017, 08:21:44 PM
I noticed the Speaker in the commons has indicated that male members need not wear ties. As the dress code is relaxed I am eagerly awaiting to see the first Fulham shirt in the commons chamber.
As far as I'm aware there are no Fulham supporting MPs yet

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 08:55:03 PM

There have been.
Tom Greatrex was an MP until 2015.

Scrumpy

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 04, 2017, 09:15:51 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 04, 2017, 08:55:03 PM

There have been.
Tom Greatrex was an MP until 2015.
Steve Pound, MP for Acton with a massive majority is also a huge FFC fan. Once met him in a car park at Swansea Away and he was a very likeable guy. Clearly passionate about FFC.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

The Equalizer

And can the Brian McBride Brigade please go and watch a game of his before voting. We're after quality strikers, not overrated carthorses who succeed when the rest of the team sucks.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Scrumpy

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 04, 2017, 06:13:03 PM
Only recently bought a shirt (and shorts & socks) for the first time, but ONLY to wear while playing over 60's five a side and walking football.

IMO club shirts should never be worn out and about by anyone other than a child, I'm not sure about middle aged men wearing them to games either!
I have to agree. These things come and go in phases, but I think the times when half the crowd wore the replica shirt at matches and around town have gone. I love to see youngsters wearing the shirt, but do think tubby middle-aged blokes look pretty daft. More subtle polo shirts, training shirts and rugby tops seem to be 'de rigueur' at the moment.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Woolly Mammoth

I once wore mine down a coalmine in Siberia, in the dead of night.
First and last time.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Quote from: The Equalizer on July 04, 2017, 10:37:36 PM
And can the Brian McBride Brigade please go and watch a game of his before voting. We're after quality strikers, not overrated carthorses who succeed when the rest of the team sucks.

Tom! Tom! Great comment, but wrong thread. Put the kid down and pay attention to your phone!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

terryr

I wear it in places like Beijing or Brazil.
It's a sort of put up the flag and see who salutes.
So far no one has unfortunately!
Apart from that it feels a bit naff wearing the jersey to watch a game on the telly ( I have done it though!)