more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (06/07/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 06, 2017, 07:10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Done Deal: Midfielder leaves for Spain to end Fulham nightmare

Championship outfit Fulham have confirmed on their official website that midfielder Jozabed has signed a permanent deal at La Liga side Celta Vigo.

The 26-year-old only moved to Craven Cottage last year following a short spell at Rayo Vallecano, although only made eight first team appearances for the Cottagers last season, of which only two were starts.

And his lowly position on the pecking order saw Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic ship him out on loan to Celta Vigo back in January of this year, where he enjoyed a more fruitful spell with two goals and four assists in 28 appearances for the Spanish club.

And he must have made quite the impression on the La Liga outfit, as they have officially signed him permanently on a four-year deal to end his nightmare at Craven Cottage.

The Spanish side finished 13th in the La Liga table and 14 points clear of the relegation zone, but new boss Juan Carlos Unzue, who replaces Sevilla-bound Eduardo Berizzo, will know that reinforcements are needed over the summer to make sure they again retain their top-flight status next season.

And given Jozabed performed well during his loan spell at the club, they clearly feel that he adds much quality to their squad, which will likely be of frustration to Jokanovic and the Fulham faithful, who themselves didn't get to see the best of the Spaniard during his time at Craven Cottage.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/done-deal-midfielder-leaves-for-spain-to-end-fulham-nightmare/

WhiteJC

Steve Mounie: Huddersfield sign Montpellier striker for a club-record fee

Steve Mounie scored 14 goals in 32 starts for Montpellier

Huddersfield Town have signed striker Steve Mounie from Montpellier for a club record fee.

The 22-year-old joins for an undisclosed fee, reported to be £11.44m (13m euros) plus add-ons.

The Benin international, who scored 14 goals in 32 starts for Montpellier last season, has signed a four-year deal.

The Terriers have also signed full-back Scott Malone from Championship side Fulham on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Huddersfield have broken their transfer record three times in a fortnight. Porto striker Laurent Depoitre joined for £3.5m on 23 June before Manchester City midfielder Aaron Mooy was signed for an initial £8m last week.

Huddersfield head coach David Wagner said: "Steve has real physical attributes that should be perfect for the Premier League.

"We have met and I know he is a great character," Wagner added. "At just 22 years old, he is only going to improve too. Given what he is already capable of, that is very exciting."

Mounie has been capped seven times by Benin, but does not require a work permit as he has dual French nationality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40503864

WhiteJC

Fulham boss eyes Norwich striker to replace Chris Martin

The Norwich striker, who turns 31 next month, is seen as a candidate to strengthen the Whites' firepower up front

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic is keen on bringing Cameron Jerome to Craven Cottage, report our colleagues at the Mirror.

The Norwich striker, who turns 31 next month, is seen as a candidate to strengthen the Whites' firepower up front.

The west Londoners, though, have a policy in place that precludes the club from signing players over the age of 28.

Jerome made his first league appearance with Cardiff City in 2004 and went on to score 24 goals in 73 games for the Bluebirds.

Norwich's Cameron Jerome shoots at goal as Brentford's David Button attempts to save (Photo: Action Images / Andrew Couldridge)

He joined Birmingham in the summer of 2006 and spent five years at St Andrews, finding the net 37 times in 181 league games.

Stoke came calling in 2011 and, in three years in Staffordshire, Jerome scored seven times in 50 Premier League appearances before a loan spell at Crystal Palace in the 2013/14 season.

He then joined Norwich and has scored 37 goals in 115 league games for the Canaries.

Fulham are on the lookout for a striker after Chris Martin's loan spell ended and he returned to Derby County.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-boss-eyes-norwich-striker-13284440

WhiteJC

Fulham defender keen to use Reading disappointment as motivation for the coming season

Ream hoping for 'bigger and better things' with Fulham this season

Tim Ream is ready to use last year's play-off heartbreak as motivation this time around.

The American defender is back in training with his Fulham team-mates this week, starting their pre-season campaign off in Poland.

And the 29-year-old wants to put the pain of last season behind him.

He told fulhamfctv: "There is a little bit of a different feeling this year, it's a feeling of what could have been but it's also motivation to start the year right and really go for it and get poromoted.

"I thought about what could have been, but there wasn't much time for me to dwell on it, fortunately and unfortunately and I was right back on the horse.

"It's nice being back with the guys. It's great to be out here, with the team again, working towards a better finish than last year."

And Ream believes with the squad they have already got, and a few more potential additions, the Whites can make up for last season.

He added: "It's a different vibe in the camp and in the group, with the fans and supporters as well, you could feel something building last year and we have to continue to foster that feeling and push forward and hopefully do some bigger and better things this year."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-defender-keen-use-reading-13284489

WhiteJC

SIGNING: Jack Grimmer joins Coventry City!

The 23 year old full-back signs for the Sky Blues...

Coventry City can confirm that Jack Grimmer has agreed to join the Sky Blues.

The 23 year old has signed a two year contract with the club.

The right back started his career at hometown club Aberdeen, making his debut at 16 in April 2010 to become the Dons' youngest ever player.

He moved to then Premier League Side Fulham in 2012, where he had a loan spell at Port Vale followed by three loan periods at Shrewsbury, and left Craven Cottage this Summer.

Grimmer has also received Scottish international recognition from Under 15 level up to Under 21s.

Manager Mark Robins said: "I think it is a coup for us to sign Jack, and I look forward to working with him.

"He is a really good prospect and at 23 has even more development potential still."

"This is an exciting signing, as Jack has both strong defensive and attacking elements to his game.

"Jack is strong, powerful, quick and has a winning mentality – all of which are important qualities to have."

https://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/signing-jack-grimmer-joins-coventry-city/

WhiteJC

Jack Grimmer: Coventry City bring in former Fulham and Aberdeen right-back

Jack Grimmer played for Fulham against Jermaine Defoe's Sunderland in the 2014-15 FA Cup

Coventry City have signed former Fulham right-back Jack Grimmer on a two-year contract.

The 23-year-old played 19 times for the Whites, including 13 games in the Championship in 2014-15, before being released this summer.

He started his career at hometown club Aberdeen, making his debut at 16 in April 2010 to become the Dons' youngest-ever player.

After joining Fulham, he had loan spells at Port Vale and Shrewsbury.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40506840

WhiteJC

Future of Fulham's key man in doubt after clash behind the scenes

Slavisa Jokanovic has stunned Fulham by demanding an ultimatum after a dispute over the transfer policy at the club, an exclusive report by The Mirror has confirmed.

Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic has become increasingly frustrated with the club's transfer policy and could step down if he is not backed in this summer transfer window.

The Serbian guided the Cottagers to the Sky Bet Championship play-offs last season but they were narrowly defeated by Jaap Stam's Reading over two legs in the semi-finals.

This consigned them to another year in the second tier.

However, there has been a positive vibe around Fulham and all seemed well with Tom Cairney and Ryan Sessegnon signing new contracts despite attracting Premier League interest.

But behind the scenes, Jokanovic has clashed with data analyst Craig Kline, who is the Assistant Director of Football Operations.

Kline is running a "moneyball" style approach to transfers, refusing to sanction deals for any players over the age of 28 and insisting that he gets involved in coaching too.

This has frustrated Jokanovic, who has recommended Norwich City striker Cameron Jerome.

Jerome is older than 28 but has a proven track record of scoring goals in the Premier League.

Instead of signing the experienced players that Jokanovic wants, Fulham have only brought in Marcelo Djalo, 23, from Spain.

Jokanovic is ready to step down as Fulham manager unless this transfer policy changes.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/future-of-fulhams-key-man-in-doubt-after-clash-behind-the-scenes/

WhiteJC

Fulham eye move for Norwich striker

Fulham are interested in signing Norwich striker Cameron Jerome, reports GetWestLondon .

Jerome is thought to be a replacement for Chris Martin, who spent last season on loan with the Cottagers, but has not signed permanently.

However, a stumbling block for Fulham, the report suggests, is that the club has a policy of signing no players over the age of 28. This would mean that Jerome, 31, would be ineligible to sign for them if they followed this policy.

erome signed for Norwich in 2014 from Stoke, following the Canaries relegation from the Premier League.  Since then, Jerome has made 121 appearances for City, scoring 40 goals in his three seasons in East Anglia.

Fulham finished last season 6th in the Championship, two places and ten points above Norwich. They missed out on promotion after losing to Reading in the play-off semi-final 2-1. They will hope to aim for promotion next season and begin their campaign at home to Norwich.

http://readnorwich.com/2017/07/05/fulham-eye-move-norwich-striker/

WhiteJC

Chris Martin thought his Derby County career was over after being loaned to Fulham

Chris Martin has admitted he thought his Derby County career was over when he was loaned to Fulham last season.

The Rams striker joined Fulham on a season-long deal on deadline day under then-manager Nigel Pearson, but has since returned to Pride Park Stadium.

Martin endured a controversial spell in the capital, missing three games over the Christmas period after reportedly stating he wanted to head back to Derby.

But the Scottish international stayed at Craven Cottage and helped them reach the Championship play-offs, where they were beaten in the semi-final by Reading.

When the move went through last summer, Martin felt his time in the East Midlands was up as he didn't fit into Pearson's way of playing.

When asked if he thought his Derby career was over, he told RamsTV: "Yes, I did at the time.

"I didn't have any fallout with Nigel Pearson, he just didn't see me in his future plans and the direction he was going in at the time.

"I got that sense a couple of weeks before the move happened.

"At the start of pre-season I didn't envisage leaving at any point, but a few weeks out from deadline day I got more and more used to the idea and once I did leave I didn't think I would be back at any point.

"Under that manager I don't think I had any future at the club. I know it was only a loan deal but to all intents and purposes I thought it was a loan with a view to a permanent move.

"There were figures agreed but that never quite materialised."

Martin has now returned to Derby and will be looking to add the goals which will be lost following the departure of Tom Ince to Huddersfield.

"I'm happy I've managed to return," said Martin. "My family stayed in Derby the whole time as it was only temporary to Fulham.

"They've missed me so it's nice to get back and reunited with them.

"It's nice to come back to a club I've got a lot of fond memories at."

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/chris-martin-thought-his-derby-county-career-was-over-after-being-loaned-to-fulham/story-30425422-detail/story.html#fTHaGfKrElFCd3Ai.99

WhiteJC

Kebano penalty earns Fulham first pre-season win
by Dan on July 5, 2017

A youthful Fulham side won their first pre-season friendly as Neeskens Kebano's first-half penalty was enough to see off Piast Gliwice in Oplenica this afternoon.

Slavisa Jokanovic selected a number of the club's rising stars for the first game of Fulham's summer tour of Poland, handing the likes of Marek Rodak, Jerome Opoku, Matt Riley and Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson first senior starts against opposition who finished tenth in the Polish top flight last season. There was also a first appearance for Spanish centre back Marcelo Djalo after he finalised his move from Deportivo Lugo earlier this week. It was promising midfielder O'Riley who fashioned the first chance with a strong challenge followed by a pass that released Thorsteinsson only for the Icelandic winger to shoot straight at the goalkeeper.

The tall and imposing Opoku, more used to playing at centre back, was making good ground forward from left back and he found Kebano in space in the inside left channel but goalkeeper Dobrivoj Rustov turned the Congolese forward's powerful effort aside. Kebano, full of his usual tricks, bamboozled the Piastunki defence and sent over a deep cross that both Thorsteinsson and Williams failed to convert at the far post.

The opening goal wasn't long in coming though. Lasse Vigen Christensen, playing in a deeper midfield role, slide a sumptuous pass through for Williams to run onto and the Welsh winger was making good progress into the box when he was barged over by Sedlar. The referee pointed to the spot and Kebano appeared untroubled by Fulham's litany of penalty failures last season, clinically sending the goalkeeper the wrong way.

Jokanovic shuffled his pack at half-time but the Championship side continued to control the contest. Substitutes Sone Aluko and Ryan Fredericks almost combined with a pair of outrageous flicks before Floyd Ayite surged into the box, tricking his way past three defenders, only for his dangerous cross to be intercepted. The Whites should have made the contest safe on the 70 minute mark when Williams' drive was parried by Jakub Szmatula, who also foiled Ayite's headed follow-up.

The lively Ayite got in behind the Piast defence again three minutes later – this time following a fine through ball from American youngster Luca de la Torre – but Szmatula smothered his shot. Piast pushed forward in the final ten minutes searching for an equaliser. David Button easily fielded a header from Zivec and an attempted curler from outside the box by substitute Stojan Vranjes before a couple of late corners came to nothing.

Jokanovic's side – an interesting mix of academy graduates and experience – looked to tire in the final quarter but will have been glad to get through the first ninety minutes of pre-season unscathed. Fulham take on FC Zlin at Stadium Groklin in the second game of the tour on Saturday night.

PIAST GLIWICE SA (4-3-2-1): Rusov (Szmatula 45); Konczkowski (Mójta 85), Sedlar, Hebert (Papadopulos 71), Pietrowski; Bukata, Dziczek (Vranjes 78), Vassiljev (Korun 71); Badia (Gojko 68), Zivec; Jankowski (Angelski 62; Krakowczyk 83).

FULHAM (4-1-2-3): Rodák (Button 45); S.Sessegnon (Fredericks 45), Opoku (Odoi 45), Madl (Sigurdsson 45), Djaló; Christensen; de la Torre, O'Riley (McDonald 45); Thorsteinsson (Aluko 45), Kebano (Ayite 45), Williams (Thornsteinsson 84).

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/07/kebano-penalty-earns-fulham-first-pre-season-win/

WhiteJC

Malone Joins Terriers

The Club can confirm that Scott Malone has joined Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee.

Malone arrived at Fulham last summer in a swap deal that saw Jazz Richards go the other way to Cardiff City.

He shared the left-back berth with the emerging Ryan Sessegnon as the Whites reached the Sky Bet Championship Play-Offs.

Everyone at Fulham would like to thank Scott for his efforts in the 2016/17 season, and wish him the best of luck in the Premier League.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/05/malone-joins-terriers

WhiteJC

TRANSFER: SCOTT MALONE ARRIVES AT TOWN

Defender pens a three-year contract

- Scott Malone completes transfer to Huddersfield Town
- Defender signs from Fulham for an undisclosed fee
- Comments from Head Coach David Wagner

Huddersfield Town has today completed the permanent signing of defender Scott Malone from Fulham.

The 26 year-old left back joins the Terriers from Sky Bet Championship side Fulham for a fee that will remain undisclosed at the request of the Cottagers.

Malone has put pen to paper on a three year contract, with Huddersfield Town having the option to extend the deal by a further season in 2020.

Scott will be a familiar name to most Town fans after a standout year for the London club, which resulted in him being named in both the EFL and PFA's Championship Teams of the Year as Fulham reached the Play-Off semi-finals.

An attack-minded full back, Scott also got on the scoresheet at the John Smith's Stadium for his club last season.

Huddersfield Town Head Coach David Wagner commented:

"I'm excited to welcome Scott to Huddersfield Town. Our fans will have seen in our games against Fulham last season what a good player he is and I know his abilities will suit our style of play very well.

"Scott is a good physical presence and is a very capable defender, plus he adds a lot going forward. He shows good football intelligence to time his forward runs and can setup goals for teammates and scoring them himself.

"We already have a very good left back in Chris Löwe and a real young talent in Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, but as we enter our first Premier League season it is so important to have competition and the ability to rotate our side, as we did so successfully last season."

https://www.htafc.com/news/2017/july/transfer-scott-malone-arrives-at-town/

WhiteJC

Opinion: Scott Malone was under-rated but departure frees up hottest prospect Ryan Sessegnon

It was often forgotten in the midst of the Sessegnon-mania that, understandably, gripped Craven Cottage at times last season that Malone was doing a wonderful job at left back himself

Ryan Sessegnon will now be given his chance to make the left back spot his own in the Fulham side after Scott Malone's departure to Huddersfield.

The 26-year-old has put pen to paper on a three year contract, with the Terriers having the option to extend the deal by a further season in 2020.

It was often forgotten in the midst of the Sessegnon-mania that, understandably, gripped Craven Cottage at times last season that Malone was doing a wonderful job at left back himself.

For me, it was the experienced defender that had the better season and was a consistent presence in Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

When it came to the crunch, it was Malone that started in both games against Reading in the play-off semi finals.

Head-to-head: Scott Malone and Jota have words (Photo: Paul Burgman/Press-Photos.com)

Sessegnon was, no doubt, convinced to stay by the promise of regular first-team football which would have impacted on Malone's game-time.

The lure of playing top flight football will, no doubt, have appealed to the full back as it would for any player.

From reading fans' comments on Twitter the feeling was that if it took Malone going for Sessegnon and Tom Cairney to stay they would be comfortable with that.

Ryan Sessegnon (Photo: PA)

There certainly is a value in that statement as I would expect the 17-year-old to reach the very top some day and, were Cairney to leave, the Whites would struggle to replace him.

Malone's departure, though, does mean that Fulham need to bring in a new full back. They would be best served by bringing in an experienced pro that can help guide the hot prospect.

Sessegnon has had a fine start to his career so far but, as his stock rises, so do the pitfalls. He comes across as a grounded individual but, especially in this social media age, the traps are all too easy to fall into.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/opinion-scott-malone-under-rated-13288625

WhiteJC

Huddersfield swoop again to capture £5m man Malone

Huddersfield Town have signed Fulham defender Scott Malone for an undisclosed fee.

Malone's capture on a three-year deal, with the option of a further year, brings Town's tally to six permanent signings in a busy summer.

Malone was named in both the EFL and PFA's SkyBet Championship Teams of the Year as Fulham reached the play-off semi-finals and he joins for a fee believed to be in the region of £5million, including future add-ons.

Town boss David Wagner told the club's website: "I'm excited to welcome Scott to Huddersfield Town. Our fans will have seen in our games against Fulham last season what a good player he is and I know his abilities will suit our style of play very well.

"We already have a very good left back in Chris Löwe and a real young talent in Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, but as we enter our first Premier League season it is so important to have competition and the ability to rotate our side, as we did so successfully last season."

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/huddersfield-swoop-again-to-capture-5m-man-malone

WhiteJC

Malone completes £3m move to Huddersfield

Scott Malone has completed his move from Fulham to Huddersfield.

West London Sport recently revealed that Malone, 26, was set to join the promoted Terriers.

Huddersfield have paid an initial £3m for the left-back, with the fee potentially rising to £5m with add-ons.

Malone spent just one season at Fulham, who signed him last year in an exchange deal involving Jazz Richards.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/malone-completes-3m-move-huddersfield

WhiteJC

Derby County's Chris Martin 'better than what he showed' while on loan at Fulham

Chris Martin has insisted he is a better player than what he showed at Fulham last season.

Martin spent the majority of the 2016/17 Championship season on loan at Craven Cottage after being moved out by then-Derby County boss Nigel Pearson.

The Scottish international, who has since returned to Pride Park Stadium, scored 11 goals in 33 games while at Craven Cottage.

However, Martin was critical over his own performances while he was in the capital and said he can "show a lot more" as he prepares for the 2017/18 campaign under Gary Rowett.

On his season as Fulham, Martin told RamsTV: "You've got to try and take the positives from it and learn from the mistakes made along the way and use them in the future.

"I think it's a fresh start, I'm feeling really positive about this season. I don't want to try and dwell on last season too much.

"I know I'm better than what I showed on the pitch. (There were) a few contributing factors off the pitch but ultimately as a footballer you have to assess your own performance on what happened on the pitch and I know I can show a lot more.

"With a really good and tough pre-season behind me and a real positive feeling among the lads I think I can achieve a lot more success than I did last year."

Martin made the headlines over the Christmas period at Fulham when he reportedly tried to force a move back to Derby.

Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic dug his heels in over the saga, though, and kept Martin on board as they reached the play-off semi-finals.

Martin said it was easy to settle back in at the Rams and was looking forward to the hard graft.

"There's no nervousness before – trying to latch on to people you get on with," he said. "I kind of know everyone so it's not difficult to start up conversations.

"There is a new feel to it, a couple of new faces have come in and people I've met that I hadn't previously that came in last season. I'm looking forward to more hard work in pre-season."

Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-s-chris-martin-better-than-what-he-showed-while-on-loan-at-fulham/story-30425865-detail/story.html#7O2J4Fp5M4msY6g0.99

WhiteJC

Crystal Palace, Birmingham and Fulham with good chance of signing Alexander Djiku within days

Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, and Fulham all have a good chance of signing Alexander Djiku within the next few days.

French newspaper L'Equipe report in their Thursday edition that Bastia are set to consider a quick sale of the defender. The Corsican club are in a terrible financial situation, and staring automatic relegation in the face because of their books, and selling players is the most obvious way to raise money.

Djiku, 22 years of age, is receiving interest from seven clubs. Three of those are Crystal Palace, Birmingham City, and Fulham, and the other four are Bursaspor, Olympiacos, Saint-Etienne and Caen.

Bastia hope to raise €2-3m by selling Djiku by early next week, which gives all the clubs mentioned a good chance of doing a deal should they really push forward.

Crystal Palace would be able to offer Djiku the bright lights of the Premier League, but Birmingham and Fulham would be a better bet for game time.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/crystal-palace-birmingham-fulham-good-chance-signing-alexander-djiku-within-days/