watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulhams strangest ever signings

Started by charliejones141, July 06, 2017, 05:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Lee Cook's signing always amazed me however upon meeting him in a bar in Fulham (he's a decent bloke) he told me effectively picked up a career changing injury which wasn't helped by a botched operation and he was no longer able to perform to the standard as when he was at QPR.

A few weird one's for me:

Derek Boateng
Bjorn Helge Riise
Andranik Teymourian
Julian Gray
Frederik Stoor
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 09, 2017, 01:26:30 PM
George Best, for the simple reason never thought in my wildest dreams that he would wear our shirt.

Berbatov, ditto.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MikeW

I always thought Van Der Sar was over rated.  For his size and the money we paid he seemed to get beaten from long range a hell of a lot.

Derek Boateng I only saw once as a second half sub and he imposed himself quite well.  Perhaps I saw the best of him!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Woolly Mammoth

Steve McCanespie, a full back, signed at the same time as Chris Coleman.
He played half a game, and had a shocker. I do not think he ever wore a Fulham kit again. Seem to dissapear off the face of the Earth, without an explanation. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ron

Jonaldiniho 88

Anyone know the acreage of the top academies/training grounds in English football? I guessing due to prime real estate in the south east we aren't the biggest but it would be interesting to know how we compare acreage wise to the top teams. I'm sure we don't but we could have the "biggest academy in the world" if we bought a stretch of the Atlantic.

A bit off piest but that would be a strange deal

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 10, 2017, 09:28:33 PM
He played half a game, and had a shocker. I do not think he ever wore a Fulham kit again. Seem to dissapear off the face of the Earth, without an explanation. 

He was an odd purchase, bought by Bolton for £900,000 from Raith rovers and then by us 2 years later for £100,000.
Played 6 times plus 5 as sub.
Went on a free to Cambridge and ended up in the USA coaching High school teams.

therealjaybee

Kevin Keegan

Almost leading Newcastle to the Premier League and then taking over lowly Fulham! First great thing Al Fayed did!

Jims Dentist

Phil Barber given his ineffectiveness and the circumstances/timing of his transfer.

Count Flapula

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 06, 2017, 09:41:16 PM
Kuqi

This. Shefki bleedin' Kuqi... In the Prem... What was THAT all about? Utterly woeful

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on July 10, 2017, 10:20:58 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 10, 2017, 09:28:33 PM

He was an odd purchase, bought by Bolton for £900,000 from Raith rovers and then by us 2 years later for £100,000.
Played 6 times plus 5 as sub.
Went on a free to Cambridge and ended up in the USA coaching High school teams.

Thanks for the info, I wondered where he ended up.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: @jolslover on July 06, 2017, 05:52:32 PM
Fotheringham strangest definitely. Was released by a league 1 club because he wasn't good enough and we signed him as a championship club.

We have made so many odd signings, but now that you mentioned it, I have to say that Mark Fotheringham is as strange as any, it just didn't make sense. It was almost as though Magath had run out of players who were prepared to play for him, and Fotheringham was the last man standing.
Although I do recall they worked together with at least one other club, so maybe there was a touch of the old pals act there also.

Never forget your Roots.

JackHFFC1990

Mark Fotherham has to be up there

Yorkshirewhite

Dino Fazlic, although a majority of you will have cherished his time at the club as it was vital

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Yorkshirewhite on July 14, 2017, 09:01:01 AM
Dino Fazlic, although a majority of you will have cherished his time at the club as it was vital

064.gif

Never forget your Roots.

Wolf

For me it's Mark Fotheringham who was as poor as one would expect an ageing player released by L2 Notts County to be. It was indicative of Magath's failure to understand the standard of the Championship.

As an aside I think Leeds' new manager may be making the same mistake.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Vinnieffc