watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Could someone clarify Okaka's loan please

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 04, 2010, 08:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

Could someone confirm the terms of Okaka's loan because I'm not sure what is correct. Is it:

He is on loan with us for 6 months (until the end of the EPL season) and then he has the option of a one year extension or to return to Roma

or is it...

He is on loan with us until the end of the season with the possibility of a permanent move at the end of the year?

The_Great_Escape_2008

Scrumpy

??? Well so was I, until I read the proggy! Here is an exact reprint...

'Stefano Okaka Chuka, who agreed a six-month loan deal, with a view to a permanent transfer in the summer'.
Also, under the Shorey section it says...

'Shorey, who joins us for the remainder of the season, again with an option for a permanent deal upon the loan's expiration.'

So they have referred to Okaka being a possible permanent signing after the loan deal, in 2 separate articles.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Logicalman

Quote from: The_Great_Escape_2008 on February 04, 2010, 08:50:52 PM
I am 90% sure it's the first statement.

That's the way I read the Fulham statement as well.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/OkakaDeal.aspx
Okaka Joins Fulham
Monday 1st February 2010

Roma striker and Italy U21 international Stefano Okaka has joined Fulham Football Club on loan until the end of the current Barclays Premier League season.

Okaka teams up with the Whites after scoring a stunning winning goal during Roma's 2-1 victory over Siena on Sunday afternoon.

The 20-year-old striker came through Roma's youth system before making his First Team debut in 2005 and scored his first Serie A goal in September 2006 against Siena.

Last season Okaka gained valuable experience on loan to Modena and Brescia before returning to the Stadio Olimpico for the 2009/10 season.

Fulham fans who attended the Club's UEFA Europa League tie in Rome will recall Okaka's impressive performance against the Whites in November 2009. A few weeks later the striker made his debut for Italy's U21 team.

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/OkakaDeal.aspx#ixzz0ebSbtNdv

Logicalman

Here's what his agent had to say about it all:

http://www.soccernews.com/agent-fulham-agree-okaka-deal/28762/

Agent: Fulham agree Okaka deal
January 11th, 2010

(GSM) – Stefano Okaka's agent has clamed Premier League side Fulham have reached an agreement with Roma regarding a six-month loan deal.

The 20-year-old Roma frontman is yet to agree terms with the Cottagers ahead of the proposed switch, but that is expected to be a formality.

The youngster will therefore spend the remainder of the season in England as he looks to further his development with regular first-team football.

Luca Toni's recent arrival at Roma has pushed him further down the pecking order at Stadio Olimpico and a short-term move elsewhere had been touted for some time.

Fulham boss Roy Hodgson is only too keen to take the highly-rated hit-man to Craven Cottage, with in-form striker Bobby Zamora currently sidelined through injury.

"If the player will reach an agreement with Fulham, he will go to England on loan for the next six months, with an option of extending his stay for the following year," Okaka's agent Domenico Scopelliti told calciomercatoweb.com.

"Roma and Fulham appear to have reached an agreement on a loan deal."

Scrumpy

I hope you're not suggesting that the Official Programme, that bastion of well-written, accurate sports writing, could have made a mistake! :o
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Brede Butter Pudding

Cheers for the replies lads, but you can see my confusion! I spose we'll have to wait and see how it pans out in the summer.

mike_f

Okaka is on a loan with a view to a permanent transfer according to Sky Sports.

Lighthouse

THE LAST BLOODY WORD ON THIS.

SKY couldn't report an accurate report if the report was named Mr Accurate and his job was to report accurercy in reports.

Okakakaka is on loan until the end of the season with an option for a loan for a further year. Anything else you hear or read is wrong. I know because I was that contract.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 05, 2010, 12:19:31 AM

SKY couldn't report an accurate report if the report was named Mr Accurate and his job was to report accurercy in reports.

Is the last word on this 'accurercy'?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Quote from: The Equalizer on February 05, 2010, 08:32:42 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 05, 2010, 12:19:31 AM

Is the last word on this 'accurercy'?

Accurercy - A word meaning a cure for rcy. Rcy is the short term for people call Ricky. Ricky is a name given to people with Rickets. Rickets is a disease of the bones. Thought everybody knew that. Mr Accurate couldn't report a cure for Rickets in his report. Simples.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope