watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BT Sport 2 today

Started by Riversider, July 10, 2017, 01:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

If you like a bit of nostalgia BT Sport 2 are showing The Big Match Revisited today at 5.30pm, featuring Southampton v Fulham from 1st October 1976,
Also on the programme Brighton v Palace and Leeds v Man Utd.

Sir Alec of good Stock

I remember driving to the game in my mini van in torrential rain.

Away end packed with FFC, lost 4-1, Best sent off and I think that Super Mitch scored our consolation goal, but that may be wrong.

All in all a miserable day out.

nose

i went it was horrible from start to finish. the referee made it clear from minute one that southampton could kick hell out of best and not do anything to protect him.... it was a farce.

mrmicawbers

Must have been on th radio.Seem to recall going to the game at one point and then deciding against it and listening on the radio in his motor

cmg

Thanks for that.
Fascinating stuff with plenty of Fulham content.
Mullery manager of Brighton.
Peter Mellor being made to change his plain green jersey because it had two stripes down the side!
An amazing Scotland 1908 shirt. They played England in Lord Roseberry's racing colours of Primrose Yellow and Rose Pink hoops. He was, or had been, President of SFA. It had been worn by ex-Fulham player Walter White.
The match itself was poorly covered, except for Ted McDougal annihilating Ernie Howe, but the interview with a still very annoyed Alec Stock was great entertainment. He challenged ITV to show the treatment that Best got, but they didn't!

Two random things struck me.
Best didn't get a suspension for being sent off as there was some complicated points system in operation then.
Despite the tackling, hardly any players wear shin pads.

Woolly Mammoth

Those were the days when men were men, and women loved them for it.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SP

I'm fuming, that was GBH.  Good old Alec, fighting back the tears he was so angry.

As youngsters we were stood at the front with the Saints boys, didn't meet up with dad till after the final whistle.

And how about the main match being from the 3rd division?  Different times indeed.

bill taylors apprentice

I was there and it was X certificate stuff from Southampton.

I seem to remember after Best was sent of and we had conceded again Marsh went on a mazey run straight from the kick off to almost the goal line and was kicked on his way by almost every opposition player only for the ref to ignore the assaults!

bog

Hello Riversider. Would you mind me asking how much you pay for your BT? If you do don't worry. It is just that I am renewing mine and I think I may be being ripped off. They want £44 from me. Mind you I am a tight fisted old sod. :58:

092.gif

Riversider

Up until May I was paying £24.99 a month to receive it through Sky, I thought this was too much for what I was getting out of it, so I phoned up to cancel it,
Explained from the outset that I wasn't phoning up to negotiate a better deal but just to cancel it as I hardly use it, maybe I was just lucky but we got talking about cricket and the fact that BT have got the rights to The Ashes this winter and one thing led to another and I got offered an 18 month deal for £8 a month !!!
So I ended up staying (though I have lost my HD, even though the picture is still good)
The amount you are paying is WAY over the top, I'd get on to them as a matter of urgency if I was you

bog

Thanks Riversider. Is your basic package still from Sky? So meaning that this £8 is on top of the Sky package you pay for?

Regards Bog

092.gif

Riversider

Other than Movies I have the full package with Sky, they wanted £115 a month in May, so I cancelled, 2 or 3 days later they started calling me, I now pay £40 a month for tv, broadband and phone,
The key to negotiations is Freeview, Sky hate that,
I'm sick of Sky to be fair and the first time they try and put it up I will move to Freeview as most of our viewings are on BBC and ITV, I will then get an Android tablet put my Modbro app on there and watch all my Sky and BT for free

bog

Thanks Riversider. That's the way to do it! Mind you I was lost in the last part. IT far too complicated for this scruffy old sod!! Thanks for your time.

092.gif