Barrett487

Quote from: cmg on July 12, 2017, 03:56:07 PM

Semi Final v Czech Republic
ko 5.00
Eurosport 2

Our boys start as expected

Winners will play Portugal

Also live on facebook again

https://www.facebook.com/livescoretoday3/videos/vb.192909347905633/207275159802385/?type=2&theater

Tabby

Dramatic stuff in the end, with England scoring in the 93rd minute. Sessegnon and Edun fairly anonymous, but played the entire game.

e4b

aaronmcguigan

European final for Sess and Edun, can only be a good thing

Woolly Mammoth

Brilliant. Well done England !
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Tabby

The final starts in a little over an hour.

Edun and Sess start as expected.  049:gif

cmg

Best of luck to England and especially to Tayo and Ryan.

Eurosport @ 5.00

Like Jay DeSilva's (who has been very impressive so far) comment on Tayo Edun:
    "He's quite serious. On the pitch he's a bit of an enforcer, gets around and breaks up play, and he's quite serious off the pitch as well. No one really messes with him!"

Hope he doesn't overdo it! He's been sent off twice playing for England and is maybe lucky to have been given another chance.

Woolly Mammoth

My Crack Intelligence Unit have informed me through our superb Logistical Technical Support Department, that England are 2 1 up. ⚽️👍

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

How long to go ?
About five minutes I am told.
Come on England we can do it.

Never forget your Roots.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

All over 2-1 winners and European champions. Well played indeed

Woolly Mammoth

Yes well done England, I thought Mason Mount looked more than useful.

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Sessegnon finished joint top scorer for the whole championship!

Pretty good!
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

Ryan to be honest was pretty anonymous the whole game, got into a few decent positions and had 1 good chance, but being fair, you can't expect 10/10 games every 3 or 4 days from a 17 year old.

This season I think more of the same, let him off the leash against teams like Millwall, Bolton, Cardiff, and any teams easy to exploit. He'll be more of a marked man this year so we need to be cute when and how we use him but I think it's pretty much a given that we can't expect , nor should we expect him to be a full season regular in one position

cmg

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 15, 2017, 11:35:15 PM
Ryan to be honest was pretty anonymous the whole game, got into a few decent positions and had 1 good chance, but being fair, you can't expect 10/10 games every 3 or 4 days from a 17 year old.

This season I think more of the same, let him off the leash against teams like Millwall, Bolton, Cardiff, and any teams easy to exploit. He'll be more of a marked man this year so we need to be cute when and how we use him but I think it's pretty much a given that we can't expect , nor should we expect him to be a full season regular in one position

Agree.

Hopefully others will realize this too when, as is likely, he suffers a drop in form or effectiveness. He was very carefully marked in the last two matches and this is also something he will have to deal with next season. A young player's development is rarely a regular progression and fans are not noted for their tolerance and patience. And that's another thing he will have to learn to deal with.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on July 16, 2017, 12:03:21 AM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 15, 2017, 11:35:15 PM

Agree.

Hopefully others will realize this too when, as is likely, he suffers a drop in form or effectiveness. He was very carefully marked in the last two matches and this is also something he will have to deal with next season. A young player's development is rarely a regular progression and fans are not noted for their tolerance and patience. And that's another thing he will have to learn to deal with.

Agree with both of you,were going to have to tread softly with him,there are going to be a few thumpers in our league this season who want care about his age and reputation, he will be on the end of a few meaty tackles.