watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diego Rolan, what do we really know ?

Started by Riversider, July 11, 2017, 04:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

"When" the signing of Diego Rolan gets officially announced, this message board and others, along with Twitter will in to a joyous meltdown with shed loads of fans celebrating his arrival, but 99.99% of those celebrating fans will know anything about him,
So what do we actually know about him ?
Is he any good ?
Is he Saha like or Martin like ?
Is he an out and out striker or more like Ayite or Kebano ?
Is he the answer to our problems ?
And if all the above answers are positive then why haven't the likes of Brighton,Bournemouth and Watford gone for him, they've had enough opportunity.
I hope he signs but you won't see any wild celebrations from me until 10 league games have been played.

G_Gribby

Ok, I start. He likes tennis and that is something positive. Tennis is a great sport.
Only Sweden has Swedish gooseberries.

General

And he's Uruguayan... I have never been but I know he's Uruguayan.

Riversider

As I suspected , despite all the excitement over his arrival not much is known about his playing style or ability !
Will be quite exciting to see him play against Wolfsburg (if he signs) to see exactly what little gem we've unearthed.

cmg

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 11, 2017, 05:07:19 PM
He's wet

Centre Court's got a roof....although to be fair there's nothing to prevent him going outside if he wants to get wet.

PokerMatt

From what I'm reading on twitter, in french translations...

... He's a brilliant striker on his day, not always in the mood and can go missing for games at a time..

Sounds to me like he needs a slavisa to get him playing consistently. We've seen similar from a few players in recent years, Malone, cairney, Murphy etc. So could be a good move at the right time.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

f321ffc

His full name is, Diego Alejandro Rolán Silva and that's all I know.

Edit, just learned this.

Get French Football @GFFN
·
4m

Diego Rolan has spent two days in London (authorised by Bordeaux) for discussions with Fulham. Player has yet to make a decision.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

westcliff white

He is 5ft 9 plays as a striker but can play wide either side, he has a decent scoring record and also a decent record for getting assists.

He certainly isn't a player like Martin, but wouldn't say he was a Saha either, but more compatible to Saha. Likes a ball in behind the defence but also as he is willing to tu. wide he creates space as well. Can at times seem dissinterested but the. Most strikers do
Every day is a Fulham day

Andy S

BestOfBrede

If Slavisa thinks he can work, then that's all I need to be excited by this player!

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: PokerMatt on July 11, 2017, 05:31:58 PM
From what I'm reading on twitter, in french translations...

... He's a brilliant striker on his day, not always in the mood and can go missing for games at a time

Lukaku goes missing in big games and he's just gone for £75 mil!

Milo

Hopefully the red carpet will be rolled out and he'll fall in love with London. Hope there's no terror incidents over the next few days so we can get him to sign on the dotted line..

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Milo on July 11, 2017, 06:55:37 PM
Hopefully the red carpet will be rolled out and he'll fall in love with London.

This carpet, should be at least a Shag Pile or an Axminster, otherwise he won't come.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

How long will he take to acclimatise to england and to the Championship. Remember Ruiz.

bill taylors apprentice

The computer say's............................. He's under 28 years of age!

Arthur

Quote from: f321ffc on July 11, 2017, 05:35:39 PM
Get French Football @GFFN
·
4m

Diego Rolan has spent two days in London (authorised by Bordeaux) for discussions with Fulham. Player has yet to make a decision.

How long do we give him? If he won't give us an answer tomorrow, surely we have to pursue others on our list with more vigour.

Madman Maddle

Just from watching Rolan's goals of the 2016/17 season it's clearly evident that he has great instincts and movement in front of the goal. How many times this season we've seen the ball rolling untouched across the six yard box, thinking "where is our striker?"... Hopefully we can wrap this up soon!

YoungsBitter

Bordeaux's site has a transfer page that summarizes the players going out, coming in and contract extentions. For both those going out and coming in they have them as done deals "définitifs" and nearly dones "Prêts" and as much as Rolan has been given permission to travel and meet with us he is not shown as a nearly gone. So that suggests he still needs persuading and Joka and Wimbledon are part of the romancing, if it goes well then perhaps the mooted medical does occur tomorrow after all.
Quark, strangeness and charm