more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pessimistic fans?!

Started by WONKYTONKY, July 11, 2017, 09:05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 13, 2017, 06:06:24 PM
Well said Nose, agree with all three posts on this subject.

Khan & Cline have no qualifications to hold the posts they do and Mackintosh is a skinflint.

Agreed there JD.
I am glad somebody is walking around with their eyes open. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 13, 2017, 06:06:24 PM
Well said Nose, agree with all three posts on this subject.

Khan & Cline have no qualifications to hold the posts they do and Mackintosh is a skinflint.

Dear jims dentist... you are clearly a person with great insight!!!!

ScalleysDad

Parker going was sort of inevitable, Malone going more of a surprise but not nailing Kalas straight away and having another period of settlement/transition/by the way who are you is something even the least pessimistic fan could do without.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 12, 2017, 09:55:30 AM
Quote from: nose on July 12, 2017, 09:39:42 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 11, 2017, 11:05:49 PM
Quote from: nose on July 11, 2017, 10:06:37 PM
Quote from: WONKYTONKY on July 11, 2017, 09:05:20 PM
I find it strange how negative and dismissive of everything so many Fulham fans are. Seem to have no belief the club will ever do anything good.
After the success of the last off seasons transfers and the way the season went, you'd think people would be excited to see what the club can get done and have a little faith.
Is it just a Fulham fan thing or are most fans this doom and gloom? I'm confident we'll get the players we need to really push on this season and I'm pumped for it.

I find it strange that more people are not in a state of high anxiety at we are not doing.
we were brilliant last season despite a fantastically poor summer and winter transfer window (contrary to wha is often said on the MB). we were a sensible management away from being a top three contender and walking the playoffs, but had insufficient depth of squad from day one. it was obvious to us all! and we failed in winter. and it ost us.

now, we all know the right thing is to get the business done now, let joca have as much pre season as is possible with a whole squad. 11 days in, amazing, no center half, no center forward, not enough incoming. we have the best manager in the division and it certainly appears we may be about to make all the same mistakes again. and we are led to believe kline is still fundamental, lessons learned seem to be heading for none. better to live by nonsense theory, and penny pinching, than do it properly using properly experienced people.

if we have a few trop notch acquisistions by the end of next week, wonderful, but I doubt it. if we do not I suspect our manager/head coach will be a likely exit.

Fantastically bad summer window? Kalas, johanson, kmac, malone, aluko, ayite, kebano, odoi and fredericks. One or two of those I may have got wrong but if that's fantastically bad a good window and we will walk this league. I do understand we left things late which wasn't ideal but it appears to me we got the right players in.

I am glad somebody bit on my words. You list the very good parts and that was fantastic. A few gems in there, a few goodish players and terrific. But you didn't list the dross OR more importantly that we  rescued defeat from the jaws of victory by the fact we didn't finish the job. too many too late and no forwards or proper tough guy, or dominant center hapf etc etc. Fantastically bad because we were left with a good but thread bare squad, we were left with what might have been.     

The manager's rant on radio london was evidence we failed to complete the job. And January was a farce worthy of Brian Rix!
Yep. A good footballer was Brian, and so was his brother Graham.

Bit on your words? Well it's hard not to call a duck a duck. Your words couldn't have been more wrong imo and if you put things out there "expecting" a bite I'm sorry I for filled that role. The fact you are talking nonsense is the main problem with your post. The players that didn't succeed actually had every chance of doing so and we seem to be making our money back on them as these "ridiculous" signings seem to be sought after to others. I guess you are talking about one of the championship leading forward Martin. Piazon who I thought was good if not great. Jazabad who really didn't settle but seems to play well for everyone else. We literally filled our team with first 11 players who performed above what was expected of them. Greatest window we have had in a decade. I can't take you seriously posting nonsense like that. I have a great idea. Let's blame the January window just passed, as the only reason we aren't winning the champions league next year.

Forever Fulham

Good arguments all around, but we don't yet have that quality additional centre back we need.  And it's mid-July already.  No true striker either.  We have holes to fill, and they ain't been filled.  A club with its act together doesn't wait until the last minute to get those needed players under contract.  If it's about FFP, then we need to get creative in how we comply with FFP.  We over-achieved last season.  Joka got them to believe in themselves and each other.  That takes you a long way, but all else being equal, talent will out. 

Flume

Probably it's the case because we've endured 1 relegation and 2 seasons where we were very, very close in the last 5 years, coupled with a lack of signings so far, it becomes hard for some to be optimistic
In Slav we trust

WONKYTONKY

Quote from: Flume on July 14, 2017, 02:16:27 AM
Probably it's the case because we've endured 1 relegation and 2 seasons where we were very, very close in the last 5 years, coupled with a lack of signings so far, it becomes hard for some to be optimistic
It looks like Kalas and Piazon are on their way back and that Rolan IS in fact on his way also. All just twitter speculation but thats all it took to believe they weren't coming. Surely you can believe they are?! Would those signings get people excited or are we just going to switch to moaning about needing a new keeper or what ever other position we haven't strengthened yet?

Flume

Quote from: WONKYTONKY on July 14, 2017, 04:39:55 AM
It looks like Kalas and Piazon are on their way back and that Rolan IS in fact on his way also. All just twitter speculation but thats all it took to believe they weren't coming. Surely you can believe they are?! Would those signings get people excited or are we just going to switch to moaning about needing a new keeper or what ever other position we haven't strengthened yet?
Cant really get excited until it really happens, for example, how many United fans were convinced that Griezmann was definitely on his way? But regardless, I do believe people will mostly stop moaning if Rolan and Kalas do indeed come although it depends on whether we also sell players and in turn, lose depth
In Slav we trust

FFC1987

As a fence sitter....one can see the signing of new contracts by certain players as a good thing and a lack of transfer activity as a concerning thing with seeming like they're a doom and gloom merchant can't they? There's still time but time is our enemy here as its the deadline we race towards and losing time to embed to ensure a decent start to the season which ultimately, is very important if one wishes to challenge for top 2 let alone top 6.

nose

You really do confuse moaning and concern/panic.
Many of us have seen it all before and this is shaping up like history repeating itself.

I was assured by my critics in December we would definitely be bringing in more players in January, and as the days went by it was clear the club had no ambition in that respect.
Nobody says I am wrong to woryy now. there is no doubt the lack of activity so far is an eyes raised situation for a club with ambition. If kalas and rolan sign that at least will be a positive vehement. However, unlik so many others on this MB I have  to say piazzon leaves me cold, he is at best a squad player and we could do vastly better   that is my opinion and re watching some of last seasons highlights didn't change my mind.

If we do not have the major part of the squad in place by the end of next week I think that would be a very good time to start panicking and worry that Joca may be reconsidering his position because the board are shooting him in the foot... again!

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on July 14, 2017, 03:35:23 PM

You really do confuse moaning and concern/panic.
Many of us have seen it all before and this is shaping up like history repeating itself.

I was assured by my critics in December we would definitely be bringing in more players in January, and as the days went by it was clear the club had no ambition in that respect.
Nobody says I am wrong to woryy now. there is no doubt the lack of activity so far is an eyes raised situation for a club with ambition. If kalas and rolan sign that at least will be a positive vehement. However, unlik so many others on this MB I have  to say piazzon leaves me cold, he is at best a squad player and we could do vastly better   that is my opinion and re watching some of last seasons highlights didn't change my mind.

If we do not have the major part of the squad in place by the end of next week I think that would be a very good time to start panicking and worry that Joca may be reconsidering his position because the board are shooting him in the foot... again!

Tbey may have already blown his foot off.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.