watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Curious that we have not signed or linked to any Serbs

Started by Huxley, July 12, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

With our gaffa being Serbian and formerly  part of the national team, I find it curious that we have not signed or linked to anyone from Serbia. Surely he must have connections with old team mates/scouts. Or is the talent in serbia not what it used to be? Has he signed any at other clubs?

therealjaybee

Not that surprising. Didn't see Ferguson signing Scots left right and centre and, when he did, they were often average.

river phoenix

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on July 12, 2017, 01:10:54 PM
With our gaffa being Serbian and formerly  part of the national team, I find it curious that we have not signed or linked to anyone from Serbia. Surely he must have connections with old team mates/scouts. Or is the talent in serbia not what it used to be? Has he signed any at other clubs?

Serbia have many talented players indeed, especially from 2015 U20 World Cup winning team but they cannot get a UK work permit (we had a transfers arranged for defenders Aleksandar Filipovic back in 2014. and Nikola Maksimovic (who is now at Napoli) in 2013.  and we lost both because of work permit rule).

This guy is next in line for a big transfer soon and I would like to see him at Fulham, if our board find the way to get him a WP, of course:

aaronmcguigan

He managed Partizan for 2 years and hasn't played in Serbia since 1993. He is clearly multicultural and gets about a bit. A nationality won't hold you back from identifying talent. I'm Irish and I couldn't tell you any decent available Irish players as they all go to either Burnley if they're good enough for the premier and to Preston if they aren't...🙃

Last time we went with this tactic we ended up with David Healy and Steven Davis.
We have a team of scouts and obviously that stats system doesn't give a monkeys about nationality.

Watford brought in Vudajin Savic from Serbia when Slav was there but didn't play a minute.