watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kalas

Started by MaidenheadMick, July 12, 2017, 02:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Have we actually attempted to get Kalas back? Looks like Hull, the only other side in the frame have cooled their interest. Surely a bid of 5 million would seal the deal. Kalas himself has openly admitted he would love to return. Come on Slav, get it done.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

westcliff white

We have bid what the told us back in April, around 4.7 million, Chelsea now want closer to 7 apparently. Roman wants to loan him to Hull
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

Surely a loan is pointless as he's out of contract when the loan ends then?

westcliff white

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 12, 2017, 03:04:55 PM
Totally agree

Andy S

Why would anyone who didn't have to go to Hull

Tabby

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 12, 2017, 03:04:55 PM

Chelsea has five million pounds in between the sofa cushions. They can take the hit in order to help one of Roman's mates.

filham

This one really should have been sorted by now, love to know for sure what is causing all the doubt and delay.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on July 12, 2017, 06:09:50 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 12, 2017, 03:03:09 PM
We have bid what the told us back in April, around 4.7 million, Chelsea now want closer to 7 apparently. Roman wants to loan him to Hull

I know you're only relaying a rumour but I do not for one moment believe there's any truth in that one
yep, if roman wants to loan him to Hull, then you can 100 percent guarantee that he would be loaned to Hull. There would be no higher asking price. He would just not be for sale
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

alfie

I know you're only relaying a rumour but I do not for one moment believe there's any truth in that one
May I politely ask why you don't believe it
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jonaldiniho 88

I think kalas is boarderline prem quality and is a few years off his peak in his position. I would love to get this deal over the line. With sess and odoi at left back, fredericks and cisse at right back I feel we are slightly worse than we were last season but not drastically so. With kalas and a decent cf I could start looking forward to next season obviously hoping we can improve further. I'd rather the right player than the now player, it's a long old season, but kalas would really take a big worry off all of our minds. Please just get this done if physically possible, and if not can't the club let us know it's off the table.

filham

We need Kalas and it would be rash of us to try to force the issue with Chelsea and in so doing lose the player, careful diplomacy needs to be used both with the player and with Chelsea.
However there has been ample time to sort things and time is now becoming critical, if this is not going to happen then we need time to find an option and not be forced into another window deadline panic purchase.
Very soon we should be saying to Chelsea "final offer take it or leave it"

aaronmcguigan

Exactly , Abramovich has his contacts but he's only a billionaire through smart business deals, sound financial acumen, and at times ruthless moneymaking decisions.
To think he would throw away 5-6m doesn't fit in with anything he's done in business.
As far as  I'm aware he doesn't involve himself in day to day transfers, he pays others to do that for him as he should

westcliff white

I thought no you forget that Schevchenko was RA buying him and the coach not wanting him. He doesn't get involved often it seems but on occasion he has

JackHFFC1990

Crucial we sign Kalas even though he picked up a few injuries he had a really solid season & struck a good partnership with Ream I'm the 2nd part of the season

alfie

Quote from: Statto on July 12, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 12, 2017, 09:39:50 PM

The suggestion is that Abramovich would intervene in Chelsea's day-to-day business and compromise a longstanding, successful relationship with a local club (Fulham) and effectively gift another club (Hull) £5m (Kalas is out of contract next year so if he isn't sold this summer, Chelsea get nothing for him) all for Slutsky, an acquaintance he knows through his business in football (it's not like they're brothers or went to school together or something). Sorry that's just not plausible for me.

Abramovich didn't get rich by giving away millions of pounds here and there. 

He'd also know the whole thing is contingent on Kalas wanting to join Hull, so potentially out of Abramovich's control anyway. 

In fact I can't even see a chairman intervening at all on something like this. It's not a normal or reasonable way to run any organisation.

Even if Abramovich was prepared to do that, as Fulhamben says why would he do it indirectly by increasing the price for us, rather than just being direct and saying the player isn't for sale?

And of course it's all very convenient for Fulham fans. We love to think our old rivals Chelsea are screwing us over through some sneaky clandestine deal their wealthy chairman has done with one of his Russian mates. All very sensational, but the reality is always much more mundane.
Thank you, sense made
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

westcliff white

Quote from: alfie on July 14, 2017, 08:23:41 AM
Quote from: Statto on July 12, 2017, 10:42:47 PM
Quote from: alfie on July 12, 2017, 09:39:50 PM

The suggestion is that Abramovich would intervene in Chelsea's day-to-day business and compromise a longstanding, successful relationship with a local club (Fulham) and effectively gift another club (Hull) £5m (Kalas is out of contract next year so if he isn't sold this summer, Chelsea get nothing for him) all for Slutsky, an acquaintance he knows through his business in football (it's not like they're brothers or went to school together or something). Sorry that's just not plausible for me.

Abramovich didn't get rich by giving away millions of pounds here and there. 

He'd also know the whole thing is contingent on Kalas wanting to join Hull, so potentially out of Abramovich's control anyway. 

In fact I can't even see a chairman intervening at all on something like this. It's not a normal or reasonable way to run any organisation.

Even if Abramovich was prepared to do that, as Fulhamben says why would he do it indirectly by increasing the price for us, rather than just being direct and saying the player isn't for sale?

And of course it's all very convenient for Fulham fans. We love to think our old rivals Chelsea are screwing us over through some sneaky clandestine deal their wealthy chairman has done with one of his Russian mates. All very sensational, but the reality is always much more mundane.
Thank you, sense made

agree generally but he has made the odd purchase the manager didnt want such as Schevchenko, so making a sale o r loan to a mate isnt out of the realms of expectancy

grandad

The seagulls fly upside down over Hull as it´s a place not worth sh*****g on
Where there's a will there's a wife

BlaWhiArmyyyyyy

If Chalobah has left for £5M surely £5M should be the top price paid for Kalas? Exact same situation as Chalobah, one year left on the deal and player wants out. I do agree that RA may be interfering as he wants Slutsky to be successful, but it comes down to Kalas wanting to go there.

I feel we will land him but this is going to be very drawn out and he may not start the season with us which will be frustrating! Hopefully im wrong and it all gets concluded next week!  079.gif 079.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on July 14, 2017, 08:53:42 AM
The seagulls fly upside down over Hull as it´s a place not worth sh*****g on

064.gif

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.