watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Steven Sessegnon

Started by Andy S, July 13, 2017, 09:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Ryan will probably become a regular this season but what about Steven as well as other young players. Are they likely to get game time meaning we don't need to open the chequebook to replace Piazon, Kalas and Malone? And is Woodrow set to be our new forward?

Southcoastffc

Good questions. And, as I tend to bang on about, will LVC return to the player who we admired so much before his big injury?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Chutney

Matthew O'reily looks our best prospect for quite some time, a proper ball player and still only 16, expect him to get game time!
C O Y W

westcliff white

Wasnt Steven better than Ryan as a junior?

As for O'reilly I think he will be on the edges this season and next season to the fore. He is a year younger than Sess so do not excpect that he will get the same oppurtunities this season as Ryan did last.
Every day is a Fulham day

JackHFFC1990

De La Torre is the player I expect to make the breakthrough this season. Tough competition in his position but a very talented young player

Tabby

Quote from: Chutney on July 13, 2017, 09:09:46 AM
Matthew O'reily looks our best prospect for quite some time, a proper ball player and still only 16, expect him to get game time!

Ryan came through just last year. I haven't seen anything to make me think that O'Reilly is a better prospect, though I'd be happy if he was.

There have been a lot of good prospects coming through lately.

Jamie88

Quote from: westcliff white on July 13, 2017, 09:12:50 AM
Wasnt Steven better than Ryan as a junior?

As for O'reilly I think he will be on the edges this season and next season to the fore. He is a year younger than Sess so do not excpect that he will get the same oppurtunities this season as Ryan did last.

Matt is only several months younger than Sess

Horsfield_No9

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on July 13, 2017, 09:43:55 AM
De La Torre is the player I expect to make the breakthrough this season. Tough competition in his position but a very talented young player

Agree that this guy is closest to getting a look in this season of the youngsters.
First game: Fulham 4 Burnley 0, December 12th 1998.

hongkongfulham

Any word on how our man Tayo Edun is? Haven't seen him play but seems to be first choice for England U19's. Imagine he is a prime candidate for a loan though...

fulhamben

best prospect for quite some time? So are you saying he is better at his age than sess dembele and Roberts were? Or does quite some time only stretch back a few months
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 13, 2017, 10:58:36 AM
Any word on how our man Tayo Edun is? Haven't seen him play but seems to be first choice for England U19's. Imagine he is a prime candidate for a loan though...

Not sure if he has signed a new contract yet. He is very calm and collected for England u19, mature for his age, which is why he plays every minute for them. Can cover for others mistakes.

He might have had trouble playing so much there if Adernian hadn't gotten injured. Two very promising central midfielders in them right now. With the signing of Cisse, I'd imagine that a loan would be the plan for next year.

Beamer

Pretty sure there is an old adage that goes "you can never win the Championship with kids" so we will still need some additional proven strength.

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Tabby on July 13, 2017, 11:09:56 AM
Quote from: hongkongfulham on July 13, 2017, 10:58:36 AM

Not sure if he has signed a new contract yet. He is very calm and collected for England u19, mature for his age, which is why he plays every minute for them. Can cover for others mistakes.

He might have had trouble playing so much there if Adernian hadn't gotten injured. Two very promising central midfielders in them right now. With the signing of Cisse, I'd imagine that a loan would be the plan for next year.

Appreciate the knowledge

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on July 13, 2017, 11:02:52 AM
best prospect for quite some time? So are you saying he is better at his age than sess dembele and Roberts were? Or does quite some time only stretch back a few months

He certainly has the potential to be better than those mentioned, provided we manage him well he could be the best player we've produced in recent times, Unfortunately a lot of big clubs have already been sniffing around him.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on July 13, 2017, 12:23:16 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 13, 2017, 11:02:52 AM

He certainly has the potential to be better than those mentioned, provided we manage him well he could be the best player we've produced in recent times, Unfortunately a lot of big clubs have already been sniffing around him.
fantastic news, maybe he will follow in the sess brothers example and commit to us for playing time.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SouthfieldWhite

I think it will depend of what and how many players we bring in, which I'm expecting a few.
Slavwont throw a lot of youngsters in, maybe the odd one, they will get a chance in the league cup.
A big season for a few of them, especially Luca.

Been told a few times that Luca is possibly the best youthsigning we've ever made.
There's a few Trialists I've seen over the years that I thought could be special but nothing came of them.
I doubt Steven will get much of a look in this season unless he hits the ground be running with the u23s
Always liked Dennissince I first saw him about 5 years ago when he was an out and out striker.

Woolly Mammoth

We may need to call on these up and coming youngsters sooner than we think.
Unless the recruiting department get back from their holiday on Khans Yacht in time, and even then there is no guarantee they are capable of completing a deal.
We got lucky last season with injuries, if we are not so fortunate this season, then unless there are any genuine developments, these young excellent prospects could find themselves playing in the Championship quicker than they would expect.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JackHFFC1990

I'm not expecting anyone but De La Torre to threaten the 1st team squad this year. Edun is a decent prospect he could be an outsider to make the squad. Another loan move for Humphries I think this season as he is training with the youngsters at the moment

Carborundum

LDLT is extremely well placed to be an impact sub for 15 minutes against tired legs.  He did that job perfectly against 'Boro last season.  Extra time made it rather more than 15 minutes.  Edun could do it too, but both would find it tough to get through the defensive aspects of the first three quarters of the game.  Late on its quick legs and just getting in the way that often works best.

Adeniran is a high quality defensive midfielder in the making.  SJ is well placed to assess when he's strong enough for the job in the Championship.  Could be later this season, could be a loan first. 

I'm hoping to see Woodrow and LVC play bigger roles and if so, that would also reflect well on the academy.

Haven't seen enough/anything of the others so can't really comment. They mature or drop away at different rates.  I'm impressed with the way the club is handling things.  If this isn't a successful academy, then how much better could it realistically be?

filham

The academy have produced a lot of promising young players in recent years but we seem to have failed in converting them into Champonship material, Really would love to see a couple burst onto the scene this season and make a mark but with the exception of Sess.I suspect it is not going to happen.