watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormack

Started by rweller86, July 13, 2017, 01:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

Just a quick one... he got a run out in a pre-season friendly this week. Some fans saying he looks sharp, but others saying he is 2 stone overweight. He was never a skinny lad but he's followed Wayne Rooney this summer, here is a snap:
@rweller

Woolly Mammoth

He must have managed to climb over his locked security gates in time for the new season then.
It will be fulhamish if he comes back to Craven Cottage and scores the dam winner against us.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: rweller86 on July 13, 2017, 01:48:27 PM
Just a quick one... he got a run out in a pre-season friendly this week. Some fans saying he looks sharp, but others saying he is 2 stone overweight. He was never a skinny lad but he's followed Wayne Rooney this summer, here is a snap:

Rooney? Has Ross admitted to wearing a Fulham night shirt to bed then.

He looks fit. Anybody think a return would be good for him and Fulham?

rweller86

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 13, 2017, 02:28:14 PM

Looks fit? He's got a bit too much of a gut on him... hence the relation to Rooney's summer!
@rweller

Flume

I heard that Slav was considering bringing him back on loan from Villa last season but the squad said he was a negative influence and rejected that proposal
In Slav we trust

VicHalomsLovechild

I wish my gut was only that big!

rweller86

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 13, 2017, 02:33:32 PM
I wish my gut was only that big!
Me too, but for a professional footballer...
@rweller

aaronmcguigan

Was it not a theme that he always came back to preseason kind of unfit but after a decent bit of preseason he was firing again. Just the way his body is.

But to be fair, with Hogan, Kodjia and whoever else they bring in, Agbonlahor and Ross won't have much of a look in. But not our standard.. well i say that but right now they would walk into our team ... there's no one left in their way

rweller86

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 13, 2017, 02:42:47 PM
Was it not a theme that he always came back to preseason kind of unfit but after a decent bit of preseason he was firing again. Just the way his body is.

But to be fair, with Hogan, Kodjia and whoever else they bring in, Agbonlahor and Ross won't have much of a look in. But not our standard.. well i say that but right now they would walk into our team ... there's no one left in their way
Yeah he always looked out of shape pre-season but seems to be a little more so this summer.
@rweller

fulhamben

Quote from: rweller86 on July 13, 2017, 02:51:37 PM
Quote from: Newry FFC on July 13, 2017, 02:42:47 PM

Yeah he always looked out of shape pre-season but seems to be a little more so this summer.
he looked out of shape at the end of the season to iirc
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

St. Andrews White

Those reports of the squad saying no did seem a bit weird though. If that was the case, why was he captain?

And besides, if you're good enough then surely the team will work around that (see Diego Costa). If his wages are subsidised, I wouldn't mind him on loan as our front man

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Andy S

That's the problem everything had to revolve around him. After he went goals from the whole team

St. Andrews White

True, but we now have a very different setup, crucially with some genuine pace in the side. I think the team did revolve around him, but that's not to say he couldn't be a cog in the team now

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rweller86 on July 13, 2017, 02:30:03 PM

Looks fit? He's got a bit too much of a gut on him... hence the relation to Rooney's summer!

If he looks fit, then I am going enter the Steve Austin Broken Skull Challenge.

Never forget your Roots.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: Statto on July 13, 2017, 06:25:13 PM
Quote from: Yonderwhite on July 13, 2017, 03:25:27 PM
Those reports of the squad saying no did seem a bit weird though. If that was the case, why was he captain?

Yep that was definitely complete cobblers. Still, he's past it now IMO. would take him on loan but nothing more.
Would definitely agree about the loan, unless the fee was about £2m which would be reasonable.

A loan could however prove a great coup if he got fit and slotted himself into the team

Woolly Mammoth

It's the fitness part that worries me, he couldn't even get out of his own driveway.

Never forget your Roots.