watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene appointed at Kerala Blasters

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 14, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aaronmcguigan

Replaces Steve Coppell. Stuart Pearce was favourite for the job. Look back at what some of our former managers have done after leaving us.

Lawrie Sanchez- Barnet, Apollon Smyrni
Martin Jol- Al ahly
Rene Meulensteen- just announced at Kerala Blasters
Felix Magath- Shandong Luaeng
Kit Symons- coaching at Wales

Fulham seems to make or break managers!

filham

None f them working in either the Championship or Premiership though, everyone has seen they are not up to that.

sunburywhite

Apostolos Mantzios is now manager of Apollon Smyrni

Sanchez was manager 2013-4
On 17 November 2013, Sanchez was appointed head coach of Superleague Greece side Apollon Smyrni. During his time at Apollon, Sanchez has raised his doubts over the integrity of the Superleague Greece. On 30 March, he voiced his discontent on live television during the club's 3-2 win away to Panthrakikos.

On 13 April 2014, Sanchez and Apollon were relegated from the Superleague Greece into the Greek Football League following a 1-0 defeat away to champions Olympiacos. Apollon finished seventeenth with 36 points, two points off safety in fifteenth.

Sanchez declined to sign a new contract for Apollon and left the club. This departure was much to the chagrin of the Apollon fans to whom he, in typical Sanchez fashion, had become a much loved cult figure and leader. Sanchez wrote a parting letter to the Apollon fans explaining his thoughts and made it clear that he was very unhappy with the legitimacy of the Superleague Greece, his parting words were: "In the Magic Kingdom that is SuperLeague even a Magician can only have so many powers".
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

aaronmcguigan

....in typical Sanchez fashion, had become a much loved cult figure and leader.

Please tell me you copied and pasted this, and it's not actually logical  thoughts in your head? We may need to seek help

sunburywhite

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 15, 2017, 10:16:42 AM
....in typical Sanchez fashion, had become a much loved cult figure and leader.

Please tell me you copied and pasted this, and it's not actually logical  thoughts in your head? We may need to seek help

I am very pleased to say it was copied and pasted
Sanchez must have access to Wikipedia
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

sunburywhite

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: sunburywhite on July 15, 2017, 02:21:10 PM
He must have edited the L in cult

Was going to say that but in a less family friendly way

[/quote]

cottage expat

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 14, 2017, 07:31:40 PM

Replaces Steve Coppell. Stuart Pearce was favourite for the job. Look back at what some of our former managers have done after leaving us.

Lawrie Sanchez- Barnet, Apollon Smyrni
Martin Jol- Al ahly
Rene Meulensteen- just announced at Kerala Blasters
Felix Magath- Shandong Luaeng
Kit Symons- coaching at Wales

Fulham seems to make or break managers!

Dion't forget Chris Coleman

aaronmcguigan

I said "some of our former managers"

Two in the last decade have gone on to manage their countries but even after leaving Fulham, Coleman had a fall from grace with Sociedad, Coventry, Larissa before getting the Wales job