watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A theory on the shambles of yesterday !

Started by Riversider, July 16, 2017, 02:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Everything about yesterday didn't make sense to me, why oh why would a Championship side , with so many positions still to be filled agree to a friendly against the best side in England , what would we have to gain ?
So then, it was a hastily arranged game, which just by chance was arranged whilest Khan Snr and Khan Jnr were both here,
A blind man would be able to see that we were going to get anilahated in the split second that the teams were announced , so if we all knew it you can bet your bottom dollar that Slavisa Jokanovic knew it as well,
So I say it again, what did Slavisa and Fulham Football Club stand to gain taking on Chelsea in a game that we were highly likely to be thrashed in,
So here's my theory, Sigurdsson and Djalo were not Jokanovic signings they were both stat based signings from Kline, a quick glance at the cv of Djalo before he had even signed , warned of problems ahead,
So what does Slavisa do, he exposes two terrible centre half's to one of the best sides in Europe knowing full well what the outcome will be,
After the game when he's having a little chat with the Khans , he's then got free reign to say something along the lines of "well that's what happens when you put too much faith in to stats and data, if you want me to return this club to The Premier League you need to give me money and greater control over future signings"
Hopefully we now sign Kalas and a left back, so that at least Kalas and Ream can be reunited, we will still need another centre back to be signed as cover ,
And next summer we will need to sell both Sigurdsson and Djalo.

Tabby

I think people are putting way too much stock into friendly arrangements. Not everything is a conspiracy.

hovewhite

Quote from: Riversider on July 16, 2017, 02:10:07 PM
Everything about yesterday didn't make sense to me, why oh why would a Championship side , with so many positions still to be filled agree to a friendly against the best side in England , what would we have to gain ?
So then, it was a hastily arranged game, which just by chance was arranged whilest Khan Snr and Khan Jnr were both here,
A blind man would be able to see that we were going to get anilahated in the split second that the teams were announced , so if we all knew it you can bet your bottom dollar that Slavisa Jokanovic knew it as well,
So I say it again, what did Slavisa and Fulham Football Club stand to gain taking on Chelsea in a game that we were highly likely to be thrashed in,
So here's my theory, Sigurdsson and Djalo were not Jokanovic signings they were both stat based signings from Kline, a quick glance at the cv of Djalo before he had even signed , warned of problems ahead,
So what does Slavisa do, he exposes two terrible centre half's to one of the best sides in Europe knowing full well what the outcome will be,
After the game when he's having a little chat with the Khans , he's then got free reign to say something along the lines of "well that's what happens when you put too much faith in to stats and data, if you want me to return this club to The Premier League you need to give me money and greater control over future signings"
Hopefully we now sign Kalas and a left back, so that at least Kalas and Ream can be reunited, we will still need another centre back to be signed as cover ,
And next summer we will need to sell both Sigurdsson and Djalo.
100% agree a cunning plan by Joka,if true Luv it,hope shad n Jr were embaressed.

Holders

Whether it was planned that way or merely an innocent learning exercise doesn't really matter - the outcome is the same. "Mr. Khan, that's what we'd have to live with if we were to get to the PL without appropriate reinforcements".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

bill taylors apprentice

Its a nice theory (story) but I really don't think so!
You are right about the back four being incompetent though!

You equally could say that CFC needed a run out and contact with the nearest club was made (maybe at the conclusion of the Piazon deal) and FFC thought it a useful distraction from training as there was a gap in the schedule between playing QPR and WHU.

Who know's?
It wasn't pretty but I prefer to do what I usually do regards anything to do with that other team from Fulham and that's just blank it from my memory!

I would be just as worried about the absence of a LB & CF as well as a proper CH.

keithh

Conspiracy theories often produce hypotheses that contradict the prevailing understanding of history or simple facts.

Huxley

Nothing wrong with a trashing like this IMO. Great wakeup call after the highs of last season. The good players will use this for motivation to push themselves in pre season. Also, two new players in the spine  vs a spine that has been together for a long time.... Just saying... in saying that I so like a good conspiracy theory..

Mince n Tatties

Here's a conspiracy for you, I bet most on here aren't who they say they are...Take me, Mince n Tatties isn't my real name,honest.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 03:40:56 PM
Here's a conspiracy for you, I bet most on here aren't who they say they are...Take me, Mince n Tatties isn't my real name,honest.

" I am Spartacus. "
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 16, 2017, 03:49:42 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 16, 2017, 03:40:56 PM

" I am Spartacus. "

No i'm Spartacus

JackHFFC1990

We were beaten by a quality side we are still some way off that level but Button Sigurdsson & Djalo will not be starting against Norwich so no reason to panic

Woolly Mammoth

There is every reason to be concerned as this was poor preparation as the result signified.
There is no magic wand. At this stage I would have thought we would have had a bigger squad brought together. With New Key players recruited. Instead Chelsea showed without breaking sweat how poor we are as a defensive unit, with very few alternatives. What was Ream doing at left back. He was there cause we sold our left back and haven't replaced him. So we had to play two mediocre centre backs as we are too mean to sign Kalas.
An even thinner squad than last year, and wait till we get injuries. No striker in yet, as we are fumbling around with stats, and nobody knows who will actually start in goal.
I could go on with other examples. It's all cause for concern.
You could have placed 11 dustbins on the field v Chelsea strategically placed and given them a better match.
You cannot dismiss this as a kick about or a training session, this was poor preparation, poor organisation and a very poor performance, application wise and commitment and work rate, with no shape or balance, by most of the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.