watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Struggling for enthusiasm

Started by FulhamRob, September 10, 2010, 04:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamRob

I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's all the excitement of last season's Europa League run, or perhaps the departure of Uncle Roy and Konch, but I'm feeling bizarrely flat. While I still plan to go to the Wolves match tomorrow my heart's not really in it for some strange reason...Is there something wrong with me????!!!

Lighthouse

What you are feeling is a natural reaction. After the highs of the Europa we went into a slight decline with the defeat in the final, then Roy going, not going, going which was partly interrupted by the World Cup. We then had ages to wait while Sven, Jol, and everybody born since 1942 were linked to the job. We then had the highs of a Manager at last being named  and then the transfer period which again was full of will he wont they leave,come,go or stay.

Now we have Fulham v Wolves.

It must have been like that coming home from the War and finding you still had to go to work to make money. What had actually changed?

You will pick up again in a few days.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

I was worried but a stonking performance against manure and a near perfect display against Port Vale has got me well up for the season. Dembelle has shown enough already to excited me  and the rave reviews of new signings Salcido and Halliche have got me positively drooling!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: mrska on September 10, 2010, 04:41:00 PM
I was worried but a stonking performance against manure and a near perfect display against Port Vale has got me well up for the season. Dembelle has shown enough already to excited me  and the rave reviews of new signings Salcido and Halliche have got me positively drooling!

Can't wait for tomorrow!

+1
FTID

epsomraver

Look forward to a new much more attacking Fulham, Roy was too defensive at times even against lower opposition, I don't think Sparky will be, watch Dembele, now that has got to be a good reason, he is one of the most exciting new players I have seen in a Fulham shirt

LBNo11

...FulhamRob, just think what it must feel like to be a glory hunter whose team haven't won the champions league for two seasons! :005:

Listen, you support Fulham, no matter who the team the players, the owners it is Fulham, warts and all. Each season is like a rollercoaster journey, highs and lows, twists and turns along the way, and when it is all over we will soon want that adrenaline rush again.

Once you have been to the game to watch a team in a better shape than it has been for years, with a new manager and a few new good players for back up, playing more attacking football, you will be alright again...

To quote Barney Travers "WE ARE THE WHITES"
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Hazey

As has been mentioned if you needed a new reason to get The Cottage DEMBELE IS IT!!!!

In my short time as a Fulham man, I always thought people were critical when we had new players play their first game and blokes saying they won't make it etc....

But after having seen Dembele slot in, I now understand what people meant and the level required.  This guy is a cut above anyone we have recruited in the last few seasons in terms of his immediate impact and in time he may be the best buy of the last 5 seasons, who klnows.

Let's hope it may continue for along time in understated brilliance, we don't want no big4 sniffing about!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Jimpav

Exciting new players and a manager that loves attacking football, a 4-4 epic against United, a loud and brimming crowd, the warm autumn sun on your face and 3 points for the taking.

Pull yourself together man!

Steve_orino

I may be wrong but the international break has been a bit of a lull...didn't we just get done with the World Cup???

I'm ready for the match; even if it is Wolves! 

Unfortunate part will be that I'll be coaching my boys team during the game and will miss F v W.  Make sure there is a good Official Gameday Thread to read, please?
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Burt

I've been away until now and Wolves will be the first match of the season for me.

And I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Bring it on, that's what I say.

Sure we won't have the thrills of last season's Europa, but lets have some perspective here, having supported the mighty whites since 1974 you tend to have to deal with far more rough than smooth.

Part and parcel of being a Fulham fan is not expecting success, but living for the moment when something comes your way.

So Mr FulhamRob sir, I understand where you are coming from, but keep your chin up and pull yourself together man!

Oh, and dream of Wembley... I have a strange feeling in my waters that we have a good cup run in us this season.

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Jimpav

I've not got sound on my work computer but it still makes the hairs on my neck bristle and a lump come to my throat.

What an amazing night.

Anyone know if the season review includes Europe or if there is anywhere else where we can get a dvd of the Europa matches (bar Juventus)?