more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Most Momentous Fulham Goal- FINAL RESULTS

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 19, 2017, 09:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Evening guys.

Down to the last 8 and it's very tough now. Forget the quality of the Goal, it's all about the importance or occasion depending how you interpret MOMENTOUS. Please pick your top 2

Clint Dempsey vs Juventus

Sean Davis vs Blackburn

Danny Murphy vs Portsmouth

Simon Davies vs Hamburg
[vimeo] https://vimeo.com/44441230 [/vimeo]

Diomansy Kamara vs Man City
[vimeo] https://vimeo.com/44659565 [/vimeo]

John Mitchell vs Birmingham (Winning goal)- 33 secs in

Gera vs Hamburg
[vimeo] https://vimeo.com/44304956[/vimeo]

Rodney McAree vs Carlilse

Results

1st) Murphy vs Pompey
2nd) Mitchell vs Birmingham
3rd) Kamara vs Man City/ Gera vs Hamburg
5th) Dempsey vs Juventus

Thanks for voting  049:gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Southcoastffc

I've gone for importance so no question in my mind that it's Kamara v Citeh because it was the spark that ignited the Great Escape and Murphy v Pompey because that was the Escape.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Holders

I've gone for Mitchell for obvious reasons and Murphy because, although Kamara's turned the corner, Murphy's clinched it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dannyboi-ffc

For me the two least important are Davis vs Blackburn because although it was amazing and a great moment, it wasn't that important. We were going up regardless. Same with Dempsey, yes it ticks every box for occasion, comeback, winning Goal, biggest opposition we've ever faced, very good goal but imo Juventus were done in that game and Dempseys goal just sealed the inevitable on the night. I think we'd have scored anyway.

The other 6 all hold more meaning for me. Does Al Fayed buy Fulham if Adams doesn't get us promoted with Mcaree's Goal? Do we ever get to Wembley without Mitchell? The great escape's two biggest goals, Gera's goal sending us to the final, does it matter if Davies doesn't score when he does?

Decisions Decisions...................but it has to be Kamara and Murphy for me purely because I'm not old enough to appreciate Mithcell's goal

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

therealjaybee

Kamara for me without doubt. That goal set us on the path and it was scenes when it went in. Dempsey is my other choice purely because I remember losing my mind watching that ball float in! Loved every second of both of those goals

Holders

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 19, 2017, 11:14:01 PM
For me the two least important are Davis vs Blackburn because although it was amazing and a great moment, it wasn't that important. We were going up regardless. Same with Dempsey, yes it ticks every box for occasion, comeback, winning Goal, biggest opposition we've ever faced, very good goal but imo Juventus were done in that game and Dempseys goal just sealed the inevitable on the night. I think we'd have scored anyway.

The other 6 all hold more meaning for me. Does Al Fayed buy Fulham if Adams doesn't get us promoted with Mcaree's Goal? Do we ever get to Wembley without Mitchell? The great escape's two biggest goals, Gera's goal sending us to the final, does it matter if Davies doesn't score when he does?

Decisions Decisions...................but it has to be Kamara and Murphy for me purely because I'm not old enough to appreciate Mithcell's goal

If you'd been around, Danny, you wouldn't have any doubt. Mitchell's goal meant we were a second division team getting to Wembley against all the odds and still, I believe, the largest number of games and replays that any team has taken to get there. Also, if I'm correct, all our wins were away as well. Now that's something - all we needed to do was win it but Les Strong (who might have cut out Taylor's two goals) was injured and the rest is Fulhamish.

F(f)CUK

I have made my decision based on how much I jumped up and down after the goal was scored. I screamed and ran around my front garden when I heard that Kamara had scored. My other goal was Dempsey's chip, because whilst I understand Dannyboi's view, that is when we came of age in the Europa League.

For cheering though a goal that was not on the list was my most momentous moment. When Dempsey scored against Liverpool to help Sanchez get the manager's job I jumped up and down so much that I fainted.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Holders on July 20, 2017, 05:37:59 AM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 19, 2017, 11:14:01 PM

If you'd been around, Danny, you wouldn't have any doubt. Mitchell's goal meant we were a second division team getting to Wembley against all the odds and still, I believe, the largest number of games and replays that any team has taken to get there. Also, if I'm correct, all our wins were away as well. Now that's something - all we needed to do was win it but Les Strong (who might have cut out Taylor's two goals) was injured and the rest is Fulhamish.

I think I worked this out a couple of years ago. The only way it could happen is if a team in the qualifying rounds went all the way to the final with a few replays included, never going to happen.

The fact that one replay is allowed now before extra time and pens means no league club could ever beat it even if they replayed every round from the first. I'm pretty sure that's correct, something along those lines anyway.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: F(f)CUK on July 20, 2017, 07:42:22 AM
I have made my decision based on how much I jumped up and down after the goal was scored. I screamed and ran around my front garden when I heard that Kamara had scored. My other goal was Dempsey's chip, because whilst I understand Dannyboi's view, that is when we came of age in the Europa League.

For cheering though a goal that was not on the list was my most momentous moment. When Dempsey scored against Liverpool to help Sanchez get the manager's job I jumped up and down so much that I fainted.

Yeah forgot about that one. But when push comes to shove I don't think I'd pick a goal that saved Sanchez' job over any of those 8. I think the final is a very strong line-up.

I keep changing my mind lol

For some reason I never warmed to Dempsey as much as others

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

F(f)CUK

In terms of drama, all the goals in the final were more important than Dempsey v Liverpool.

b+w geezer

Given the instruction to ignore the quality of goal (one of the worst ever witnessed), Mitchell makes it for the reasons already mentioned. I happened to there to see it, but even if I hadn't, the logic would be compelling -- just the single trip to Wembley in our history and this goal secured it.

For the modern equivalent, it has to be the Kamara or Murphy for the simple reason that without them we would never have entered the Europa League in the first place.  By the same logic, the Kamara wins out, since without it we would have been relegated that afternoon and the Portsmouth match would have had no bearing.

dannyboi-ffc

At the moment 1st place looks tied up but 2nd- 5th places are separated by 1 vote.

Voting closes tomorrow night

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Thanks for voting guys.

Results are as follows......
1st) Murphy vs Pompey
5th) Dempsey vs Juventus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Holders

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 22, 2017, 01:48:47 PM
Thanks for voting guys.

Results are as follows......
1st) Murphy vs Pompey
5th) Dempsey vs Juventus

i was at ut one of those games and have to say that i love every one dearly.....  i cannot separate thembut if i had too i would probably agree murf!