watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Flowers recommended Button?

Started by J.Perkins, July 20, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.Perkins

Was it true that Flowers recommended Button to the club?

And why does he not appear now on the website?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 20, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

Flowers are seasonal, and Buttons need to be pressed to fulfil their potential.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 20, 2017, 12:27:01 AM

Flowers recommended several keepers, they were all scouted and taped, and from the tapes and the scout reports Button stood out.

Just noticed Flowers isn't shown on the staff now, looks like he may have left like the rumours said a few months back. He should be credited for the improvement it Betts coming for the ball that's for sure. But I reckon cue the moaning over Button
Every day is a Fulham day

JackHFFC1990

Expected more from Button I must say. Think he started the season quite well but lost confidence & no doubt he lost us points I hope Bettenelli continues in goal this year

Chutney

Recommending David Button is enough to cost anyone their job, truly awful goalkeeper.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

I have to say that David Button does not come up to the standard required at this level, taking into account his overal performances. Another failure for the stats team.

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Button seemed an excellent shot stopper but failed in so many other aspects.IMO.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

HillingdonFFC

Its funny when people assume that fans know nothing compared to people in the game.
When we were in for Button five Brentford mates who incidently apart from a set of brothers ,dont know each other, gave identical opinions on him.
Half decent shot stopper but doesnt command his area. The main thing that strikes a chord now though was every single one said he is shocking with the ball at his feet & his kicking was awful. All in all they weren't the slightest bit concerned he was coming to us.
Now a year later & we've seen evidence to completely back up those views, I wonder how anyone connected to Fulhams scouting ,knowing Jokanovic likes his keepers to be comfortable on the ball gave the green light for that?.
Seems a couple of warehouse workers, builders & courier driver knew more than they did. Probably another reason why stats can be misleading

bobbo

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 20, 2017, 09:17:24 AM
Its funny when people assume that fans know nothing compared to people in the game.
When we were in for Button five Brentford mates who incidently apart from a set of brothers ,dont know each other, gave identical opinions on him.
Half decent shot stopper but doesnt command his area. The main thing that strikes a chord now though was every single one said he is shocking with the ball at his feet & his kicking was awful. All in all they weren't the slightest bit concerned he was coming to us.
Now a year later & we've seen evidence to completely back up those views, I wonder how anyone connected to Fulhams scouting ,knowing Jokanovic likes his keepers to be comfortable on the ball gave the green light for that?.
Seems a couple of warehouse workers, builders & courier driver knew more than they did. Probably another reason why stats can be misleading
so right
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Agree. You say all that needs to be said, it's a simple game made complicated by Statistics, and Pundits.

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

I was very underwhelmed when Button signed and I still am

Woolly Mammoth

I find it difficult to understand the thinking behind the transfer, to actually decide that he was a better overal Goalkeeper than Betts, to warrant and justify paying the fee the club did at the expense of Betts at the time. Whose decision was that I ask myself.

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

Button is not suited in anyway to our system. Most of his mistakes were him trying too much with the ball. He's a decent keeper, but in the wrong place.

Bettinelli has not improved on his weakest attribute, which is controlling his box. His distribution is just as poor sometimes, but he is fortunate that he often over hits his kicks rather than slicing them.

aaronmcguigan

As GK coach, I'm assuming he had responsibility for the development of the keepers, adjusting them to our system, kicking out their bad habits, maybe judged on clean sheets and performances of the keepers he was coaching , and ultimately neither were good enough last season.

if flowers thought Button was an absolute improvement on Bettinelli, his judgement needs to be questioned , as alluded to above , Bob and Dave down the Dog & Duck could have told you he was just a different keeper with different weaknesses, and wasn't worth the transfer fee.

Again this window, if we are to bring in a keeper, it needs to be a marked improvement on the 2 we have, proven talent , or someone with bags of potential. There are plenty about whether displaced from signings, or young ones on loan. Either that or give absolute backing and top coaching to the ones we have.

f321ffc

Exactly, this time last year Brenford fans were pissing themseves that we were paying £2m for him, didn't exactly cover himself in glory tonight,
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional