watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Diego Rolan

Started by Cottage Industry, July 21, 2017, 03:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottage Industry

I do not post very often but I do read the many varied posts of others.

Regarding Diego Rolan. My first impression from what I have read, predicts an ambitious striker whom wants to succeed in either the Premiership or Spain. There is nothing wrong in having such ambitions but why not try with Fulham. All of our squad believe that such ambitions are not "Pie in the Sky" but that they sincerely believe it will happen this season, if they have anything to do with it. My concern with Diego Rolan is that his ambition to succeed is possibly over ambitious in that other clubs are queuing up to sign him. Perhaps they are, but it is strange that as this transfer has gone on now for a long time (since January I believe)and nobody has come forward with another bid. Perhaps they are keeping their powder dry in which case expect a big bang! Both his current club Bordeaux and Fulham seem to be happy to proceed at the moment but the longer this goes on I just wonder how long we will wait! It is one thing to wait and see if anything better comes along, but one would hope that Fulham will not be prepared to wait forever. Additionally, how will it look come the end of the transfer window he says "Oh well nothing else has happened I might as well sign for Fulham" How will that look then to his team mates, and also do we then want a player who looks at the club as second best.

The view that I hold is, that this is slowly becoming tedious and that there are no positive vibes coming from the player. In which case there are other fish in the sea and Diego Rolan would do well to reflect when Fulham signed another France striker in the name of Louis Saha, look what happened to him!!

Cottage Industry

gang

I thought we had given him a time limit and that has now passed.

Cambridge Pete

Well said sir. In fact I think it has already gone on for too long. The youngsters are now committing to the club. A couple of good players (Defender and striker plus Kalas) and I feel that we will be in with a real chance.

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

JoelH5

Yep it's all finished. Forget this one
I was there, standing in the Putney end

JackHFFC1990

Good striker but we want players who want to play for Fulham. Need to move on from him now hope we don't go back in for him later in the window

bog

If he is in two minds then don't bother. We don't want a player doing us a favour to play with one eye on bigger club. Bog off!

092.gif 

aaronmcguigan

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 90% of the signings we make, or any club makes will be players who have been holding out, delaying moves, touting themselves to other clubs in the hope of a bigger spotlight, a better division or improved pay packet.
Look at the likes of Johansen, Chris Martin, Kebano.. they all signed ridiculously late in the window , probably hoping another club would take notice, probably hoping the usual domino effect of buying and selling would mean another club would get interested, and for whatever reason they choose us.

We can't kid ourselves when a Bordeaux / Uruguayan international says no to an ultimatum from a second tier team in July. You never know, other interest may not materialise and he may be here on 31st August. Who knows? This Rolan stuff has been blown out of proportion and it's only through leaks that some are judging on "not wanting to play for us", "holding out for something better" when in truth probably most of the talented players only move to a second tier team when other opportunities don't come to fruition.
I think it's unfair he is being judged on leaks, reported thoughts and actions when nothing has officially came from either club or person job official channels.

Carborundum

From the signals emerging, I get the sense that his immediate ambition may well be directed toward having a good World Cup.  Find a club whose standing is sufficiently high that he gets selected for Uruguay, but once at that club he won't be going for too many 50:50s or rushing back after a knock.  Suspect this is why bigger clubs aren't snapping him up.

e4b

I get what you are saying but does that apply to every player who has a chance of going to the world cup? If so football is going to be very boring next season.If he doesn't put in 100%he wont get picked for Fulham let alone a national team.

AlexW132

Quote from: Carborundum on July 21, 2017, 05:32:53 PM
From the signals emerging, I get the sense that his immediate ambition may well be directed toward having a good World Cup.  Find a club whose standing is sufficiently high that he gets selected for Uruguay, but once at that club he won't be going for too many 50:50s or rushing back after a knock.  Suspect this is why bigger clubs aren't snapping him up.
But let's be real here. Uruguay also have Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani, Abel Hernandez and Cristhian Stuani, why does he think he stands a chance of playing a significant role?

cmg

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 21, 2017, 07:39:28 PM

But let's be real here. Uruguay also have Luis Suarez, Edinson Cavani, Abel Hernandez and Cristhian Stuani, why does he think he stands a chance of playing a significant role?

Well, he's been selected in 33 of the last 34 Uruguay squads, made the field in 25, started in 17 of them. So I'd think he rates his chances pretty high.

AlexW132

Quote from: cmg on July 21, 2017, 08:54:44 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on July 21, 2017, 07:39:28 PM

Well, he's been selected in 33 of the last 34 Uruguay squads, made the field in 25, started in 17 of them. So I'd think he rates his chances pretty high.
Looks like I should have researched it then. Fair enough. I still think it's bizarre he's so far up in the pecking order though

filham

Cottage Industry , you are absolutely right.
We really mustn't pay out money on players who are not going to be fully committed to Fulham.

This Rola thing dragged on too long.
We have yet again failed in making critical signings in time for the start of the season.

Carborundum

Quote from: e4b on July 21, 2017, 06:15:13 PM
I get what you are saying but does that apply to every player who has a chance of going to the world cup? If so football is going to be very boring next season.If he doesn't put in 100%he wont get picked for Fulham let alone a national team.
No, probably not.  Some players are like that though and Fulham have had one or two in recent times.  Bordeaux know him well enough and want rid for a relatively low fee.   If he's good enough to start for Uruguay there has to be a reason.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: gang on July 21, 2017, 03:32:46 PM
I thought we had given him a time limit and that has now passed.

I think they just gave him a watch.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

If they want rid of him for a low fee, there is probably a reason.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !