watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Snapshot transfers

Started by BedsFFC, July 21, 2017, 06:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BedsFFC

I've often expressed my annoyance at the continual sniping at the club that seems to happen on here.

Every season at this point, a small band of posters go on about how slow we are at this and how crap we are at that.

I'm rushing out but took 6 current or ex FFC players and looked at when they signed.

The list below all signed in the summer window and everyone of them has a place in the hearts of many of us. I took them at random.

Everyone was signed later in the window than today and in some cases, much later. I don't remember these players by when they were signed but what they gave for the shirt (Bar 1 who I put in as I know some hold a candle to him)

Tom Cairney
Danny Murphy
Stefan Johansen
Kevin MCDonald
Mousa Dembele (1st)

& Dimitar Berbatov.

Just hold fire with the bashing of the club continually. If the owners are looking at running the club down, I will join you with pitchforks and placards.

I imagine that we are looking for a better type of player and unfortunately, they are probably waiting for all the offers on the table.

Woolly Mammoth

Get your pitch fork and placard at the ready, and thousands will join you.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

aaronmcguigan

Not to be pedantic, but pedantically, hadn't Cairney signed by end of June?
McDonald was around this time last year. Mid to late July

Agree with the message though, obv would prefer if the players were in and gelling with the team/ tactics etc but the players will come , no doubt

sunburywhite

I would love to have a young Murphy playing for us again
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Lighthouse

Not to repeat myself. But to repeat myself. I am also miffed at the way some fans on here keep defending the way the club has gone about its transfer business. In January they were saying the same thing. We needed a forward, a Central defender. That was what our manager thought. Now we still need those players plus whatever we need to boost the very thin squad. In my opinion a keeper as well.

I will continue to be very frustrated at the way the club continues to not bring home the transfers that could be the difference between promotion and losing in the playoffs. Or right now a bottom half finish and a top half finish. Just my frustrated opinion. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 21, 2017, 07:12:36 PM
Not to repeat myself. But to repeat myself. I am also miffed at the way some fans on here keep defending the way the club has gone about its transfer business. In January they were saying the same thing. We needed a forward, a Central defender. That was what our manager thought. Now we still need those players plus whatever we need to boost the very thin squad. In my opinion a keeper as well.

I will continue to be very frustrated at the way the club continues to not bring home the transfers that could be the difference between promotion and losing in the playoffs. Or right now a bottom half finish and a top half finish. Just my frustrated opinion.
We have just had a striker blow us out, how is that the clubs fault. If we want players that are no better than what we have we could sign them right now, but we want players that are better than what we have, and those players are looking for clubs better than we are.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

BedsFFC

Quote from: alfie on July 21, 2017, 08:01:12 PM

We have just had a striker blow us out, how is that the clubs fault. If we want players that are no better than what we have we could sign them right now, but we want players that are better than what we have, and those players are looking for clubs better than we are.

Amen

Mince n Tatties

And we most probably be reading the same things from posters in January again,if we are to reach the playoffs we need a new striker,centre back and goalie.
Waken up Fulham..

nose

Which striker just blew us out ?
I thought we were still 'negotiating'

nose

IMO for what its worth. The repeating patern speaks volumes.
If the club was serious we would have more better players by now, not having them means more of the same. I am sure the manager will be reconsidering his positon. That will be inevitable.
Defending the clubs inactivity, again, is indefensible if you are ambitious.
The few remaining such people are IMO, to be admired fir loyalty, but not their judgment.

Since mr khan arrived every transfer window has been poor... even last summer, recall the managers rant if you do not agree, the manager himself thought it was not good enough. August31 wait for the sub standard panic loans!

Jims Dentist

Yet again, well said Nose (and M&T and Lighthouse).
Can't help but think that a few of us on here would do a better job than Khan, Ciine and Macintosh.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 23, 2017, 06:28:17 PM
Yet again, well said Nose (and M&T and Lighthouse).
Can't help but think that a few of us on here would do a better job than Khan, Ciine and Macintosh.

The Three Stooges, Larry, Mo & Curly would do a better job than Khan, Kline & the Raincoat.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Arthur

I think we've been very unfortunate where Rolan's transfer was concerned. Having agreed a fee and lured him to our training ground twice, nine-times-out-of-ten we would have expected to get our man. (And if he's not found a better club by the end of the window, he may yet sign for us.) Had we done so, moreover, this thread, I would argue, almost certainly wouldn't exist. In football, both on and off the field, the margin between many supporters' delight and their ire is often a fine one.

In last year's summer window, the Championship club that got its business done quickest was Blackburn Rovers. I recalled a comment that was made on here at the time - that compared our transfer activity unfavourably with theirs - and checked to find out that Rovers brought in five potential first XI players between the 17th and the 29th of June. A year later and the Club will be kicking off in League One for the first time in almost 40 years. While we would all prefer to have had the squad finalised by now, the moral of Blackburn's story is surely that it is better to bring in a good player later on in the window than to sign a lesser one at the outset.

@jolslover

Agree
STH H3

Arthur

Quote from: Statto on July 23, 2017, 08:31:57 PM
Sorry but the moral of Blackburn's story is if you sell your best players (Cairney, Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley, Duffy, Marshall...) and replace them with free transfers then you won't do very well. I highly doubt it would have helped them much just doing all those free transfer signings a month or two later.

I won't deny that those are a better set of players than the ones they signed.

First, however, only two of those, I believe, left the Club last summer.

Secondly, and this was my point (albeit implied rather than, as here, explicit), had the owners reinvested some or all of the £6.6M that they reportedly received from the sale, in late July, of Grant Hanley in a three-or-four fee-commanding players, these (better) players - despite having joined the Club later - would have helped the team more than the five (lesser) freebies who arrived at the beginning of the window.