watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm not panicking

Started by One James stannard, July 21, 2017, 10:06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

One James stannard

Am I the only one on here that's not overly concerned? Of course I would of liked a few big signings in, id be a liar if I said I didn't but getting Tom cairney and sess to sign contract extensions and the fact that SJ is still with us is great news.

I think the powers that be will not let us down come the end of the window.

I have TOTAL faith in Slavisa Jokanovic and his team behind him.

Far far to negative on here of late

St. Andrews White

Couldn't have put it better myself mate.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

wheelerdeeler

There's some on here who are too willing to jump the gun, but if we haven't made significant movements by the time the Wolfsburg Friendly comes around in just over a week then they'd be right to start panicking. We need at least a Striker and a Centre-Back in time for Norwich. Ideally a Keeper as well. Any signings after that are good, but those ones are essential.

Woolly Mammoth

Mr Mannering will be along shortly, by then I would imagine even the players will start panicking.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Yes in January the same things were said. Too negative, give us time. After the window shut we were told that all effort was made to bring in the forward we needed and ..........Still when we sign somebody on the last day of the transfer window on loan. We can then moan that the results have been bad and that could cost us in the future and then we can do the whole thing again.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JackHFFC1990

Tough one it's a bit of both for me. Our best 18 for me is

Bettinelli
Fredericks Madl Ream Sessegnon
                      McDonald
             Cairney Johansen
Aluko              Ayite         Kebano

Subs - Button , Odoi , Djalo , Ciise , Edun , Piazon , Woodrow

Will that team get promoted?? No I don't think so but there is no doubt it could beat Norwich & has quality players in it. I would rather we pick a quality 3/4 signings that take time than rush & bring in average players. There is no doubt we need a CB LB & ST. We could do with a keeper if we really want to push for top 2 but I do like Bettinelli.

I'm positive that come Norwich we will be ready but I can certainky understand frustrations at the same time.

FFCFOREVER

The thing that concerns me is that I see alot of what I would call our close rivals for promotion strengthening much more compared to us.For example Leeds , Boro , Villa to name a few.Our squad is definitely weaker now than at the end of last season and any new signings we make will need time to gel.So I wouldn't say I'm panicking but the lack of activity so far makes me wonder if all last seasons hard work will be undone by making last minute rush signings like Martin all over again.COYW

Classic94

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on July 22, 2017, 01:06:36 AM

Bettinelli
                      McDonald
             Cairney Johansen

Will that team get promoted?? No I don't think so but there is no doubt it could beat Norwich & has quality players in it. I would rather we pick a quality 3/4 signings that take time than rush & bring in average players. There is no doubt we need a CB LB & ST. We could do with a keeper if we really want to push for top 2 but I do like Bettinelli.

I'm positive that come Norwich we will be ready but I can certainky understand frustrations at the same time.

The fact we're literally 3 quality additions away from being genuine title contenders makes our transfer failings even more apparent. We have the nucleus of a very good side.

AlexW132

Thing is, I have faith in the team to get the signings done before the end of the window, just not before Norwich. We play 4-5 games or something while the window is still open and that's a lot of potential points to drop. We can't have a bad start again this year.

Max Headroom

The challenge is to get top players to come to the championship. You can't blame the Uruguayan for wanting top flight football, but if Kalas comes back then the defence is ok..... and one striker and the attack is ok. Other than that we have a very good but thin squad

My concern is the first few games and whether we get ripped apart in any of them defensively. That is more important than a new striker as Woodrow is ok, and as we showed last year we get goals from a lot of different players.

abfg

Bettinelli
                      McDonald
             Cairney Johansen

I am 'panicking' a bit looking at that. Teams will be expecting more from us this year and raise their game accordingly. I don't think we'll get relegated but we won't get near the top either, which has to be the aim after the last few months of last season. We need a centre back (sig and madl had dodgy seasons last year), LB (as sess is only recognised lb and he's brilliant but not a reliable defender in the crunch, only a kiddywink and we may need him on the wing) and we need a CF desperately. The front three is proven not to work as a combination; 2 of them plus a CF is ok though - Woodrow may be good enough but I think he needs a season as the second centre forward to make maybe 20 appearances and get back into it this season and Piazon should never have been re-signed due to being ineffective.

The issue I have is I dream. Last year I dreamt of wembley and promotion. I maintain we were 1 player short, one centre forward who cared would have made the difference against Reading. Almost the same this year. The 'bones' are there, we just need a bit of 'flesh'. The manager is great, the team can be more than the sum of parts again. The supporters are good looking. Everything is nearly there. Just a couple more players and we can be contenders. I don't want that to become we could have been a contender.

Max Headroom

But on a slightly different note, Mousa the younger must be sitting there thinking if I'd stayed at Fulham I'd now be playing in the premier league.....

bill taylors apprentice

That team above is lightweight at the back and we will need to score a minimum of 3 to win games!

And without an attacking plan B will we be stifled by more teams this season now our style is so obvious?

fulhamben

I'm not concerned, but then I don't have the same expectations that I did this time last season. I was saying we would win the league a year ago. Reckon top 12 is where we are at currently with our squad.  It is what it is, lifes too short to worry about a football team anymore.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

Quote from: One James stannard on July 21, 2017, 10:06:36 PM
Am I the only one on here that's not overly concerned? Of course I would of liked a few big signings in, id be a liar if I said I didn't but getting Tom cairney and sess to sign contract extensions and the fact that SJ is still with us is great news.

I think the powers that be will not let us down come the end of the window.

I have TOTAL faith in Slavisa Jokanovic and his team behind him.

Far far to negative on here of late

I admire your optimism.
I am panicing. As it is we will be lucky to be top half. I have no faith in the ownership or his team and think our prize asset, the manager, will be long gone by christmas as a direct result.
Seen it all before.... we have a repeating patern here.
Hope u r right and i am proved wrong, but clearly they need to move quickly.

filham

The deadline day was yesterday, we should now be on red alert and unfortunately with only two weeks to the season start panic buying can be understood.
Last season our defence was not our strong point but Franklin, Kalas. Ream and Malone were beginning to get things together. Now without Malone and Kalas our back four a mess.

FFCFOREVER

Franklin????? Would you mean Fredericks by any chance.?

nose

Quote from: abfg on July 22, 2017, 09:42:34 AM

Bettinelli
                      McDonald
             Cairney Johansen

I am 'panicking' a bit looking at that. Teams will be expecting more from us this year and raise their game accordingly. I don't think we'll get relegated but we won't get near the top either, which has to be the aim after the last few months of last season. We need a centre back (sig and madl had dodgy seasons last year), LB (as sess is only recognised lb and he's brilliant but not a reliable defender in the crunch, only a kiddywink and we may need him on the wing) and we need a CF desperately. The front three is proven not to work as a combination; 2 of them plus a CF is ok though - Woodrow may be good enough but I think he needs a season as the second centre forward to make maybe 20 appearances and get back into it this season and Piazon should never have been re-signed due to being ineffective.

The issue I have is I dream. Last year I dreamt of wembley and promotion. I maintain we were 1 player short, one centre forward who cared would have made the difference against Reading. Almost the same this year. The 'bones' are there, we just need a bit of 'flesh'. The manager is great, the team can be more than the sum of parts again. The supporters are good looking. Everything is nearly there. Just a couple more players and we can be contenders. I don't want that to become we could have been a contender.

I had a dream we had an owner that gave a damn
good PR and fine words, but actually we have failed in every season he has been with us
i will talk you through it.... i know you want me too
relegation
nealry relegated
nearly relegated again
made the play offs (a fine improvement and wonderful football) BUT for the lack of a sensible january transfer window we failed miserably in the play offs, and actually only got into them by the skin of our teeth.... we rescued defeat from the jaws of victory, I class that as a failure much bigger than the improvement because we so abysmally underachieved.
And now, we have a repeating patern.

I was critisised (as usual by the same few and one or two others) for repeating my discontent. What else can I do? I want what is best for the club, and that is not happening. If the owner and his son said , we are not ambitious and you have to resign yourself to mediocrity, like before MAF , OK I understand. But they do not say that, they tell us they too want to be back in the prem and will do what needs to be done. But they do not.

I have a dream that the owners will follow through and do what they say they will do, show some proper ambition and give the manager a realistic chance of taking us up. I really imagined they would have learned, but clealry not.

The Rock

That's not a bad 18, but it's thin with no competition for places.

We need 4-6 players and better than what we got for promotion.

I have full faith that stays boy Kline will fail.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rock on July 22, 2017, 12:59:30 PM
That's not a bad 18, but it's thin with no competition for places.

We need 4-6 players and better than what we got for promotion.

I have full faith that stats boy Kline will fail.

As you say. Not a bad 18 but very very thin.
As you say, we do need 4 to 6 players who are better that what we already have.
As you say, stats boy Kline will fail, because there are enough holes in his transfer policy, recruitment policy, scouting system, and negotiation operating system to sink a ship.

Thank you, and Goodnight. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.