watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cameron Jerome

Started by southwest6, July 24, 2017, 01:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southwest6

I must confess that I felt slightly underwhelmed when I heard we were linked with him. Perhaps such a feeing was due to his record wth Norwich in the PL where he only bagged a few goals.. however, his record in the championship is pretty good. As we all know, scoring goals isn't our issue but rather the fact that we are  lacking a target man who can finish. Jerome is faster and more athletic then Chris Martin but I suppose his finishing is sometimes questionable. What are people's thoughts on this potential signing? After reflecting on the matter, my view has changed and I would welcome Jerome as a good signing

westcliff white

34 goals in his last 80 odd championship games, better than what we have right now.

I am not against him signing but owuld prefer him to be one of two strikers signed.
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: southwest6 on July 24, 2017, 01:27:07 PM
I must confess that I felt slightly underwhelmed when I heard we were linked with him. Perhaps such a feeing was due to his record wth Norwich in the PL where he only bagged a few goals.. however, his record in the championship is pretty good. As we all know, scoring goals isn't our issue but rather the fact that we are  lacking a target man who can finish. Jerome is faster and more athletic then Chris Martin but I suppose his finishing is sometimes questionable. What are people's thoughts on this potential signing? After reflecting on the matter, my view is changed and I would welcome Jerome as a good signing

I have no problem signing Jerome, he will have a roll to play, and I believe he will play within the framework of the team. So I welcome him.
Glad to see the club are looking nearer to home, about time. 
Perhaps if they had done this in the first place, we may not be debating now, who may or may not be joining the club.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Yep already said on other threads that a quick forward in the 6 yard box is whats needed for the crosses.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

hovewhite

Would be good signing at this level.

HatterDon

Quote from: westcliff white on July 24, 2017, 01:31:23 PM
34 goals in his last 80 odd championship games, better than what we have right now.

Any of those goals scored for sides that got promoted to the Prem?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

westcliff white

Quote from: HatterDon on July 24, 2017, 02:43:47 PM

18 in 41 league games the year norwich went up

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: HatterDon on July 24, 2017, 02:43:47 PM

Norwich 2014-15

bog

I think we were after him a few seasons back but he did not want to come to us.

092.gif

westcliff white

Quote from: bog on July 24, 2017, 03:42:50 PM
I think we were after him a few seasons back but he did not want to come to us.

092.gif
was i think when we were relegated

nose

he is ok and rather less inspiring than many of the other names suggested or could have got hold of.
Hardly in the bracket of 'we will do whatever it takes' .. more like the minimum required to dowse the natives

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: nose on July 24, 2017, 04:27:10 PM
he is ok and rather less inspiring than many of the other names suggested or could have got hold of.
Hardly in the bracket of 'we will do whatever it takes' .. more like the minimum required to dowse the natives

Unless he's as well as...

nose

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 24, 2017, 04:33:27 PM

he may even turn out to be brilliant for us, happy to give him a chance but from what i have seen, he is not entirely what I expected. I find it hard to imagine he is joca's first choice. if he is as well as  somebody sparkling bright, that would be good hiowever we do not even have CJ yet so let us wait and see what transpires.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: nose on July 24, 2017, 04:36:07 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 24, 2017, 04:33:27 PM

he may even turn out to be brilliant for us, happy to give him a chance but from what i have seen, he is not entirely what I expected. I find it hard to imagine he is joca's first choice. if he is as well as  somebody sparkling bright, that would be good however we do not even have CJ yet so let us wait and see what transpires.

I trust that we'll get what we need. Im pretty certain Woodrow has a contract as he was called up to the U21 and to protect his price and isn't at the forefront of Joka's mind so we will need another. 

bobbo

Read most on this post and I don't understand why we are signing a payer who Norwich no longer want and yet we were and probably still will be a better side than Norwich. Maybe I can't see the wood for trees , so to speak.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jims Dentist

I would be well pleased to see Cameron J join us.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on July 24, 2017, 05:27:49 PM
Read most on this post and I don't understand why we are signing a payer who Norwich no longer want and yet we were and probably still will be a better side than Norwich. Maybe I can't see the wood for trees , so to speak.

Bobbo, Chris Wood plays for Leeds United not Norwich City, and I don't know who this guy Trees plays for, Nottingham Forest 🌳🌳🌳🌳 maybe.
But as for Cameron Jerome, it may have got to the stage where we have to consider a wide range of prospects, however, we may have missed the boat 🛳 on him also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.