watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Positive People

Started by Lighthouse, July 25, 2017, 12:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

While we wait for the first real decent signing of the Summer. In a position we actually are short of players. I would like to make the point that positive and happy fans can be very irritating. We always hear about us negative fans bringing others down. But rarely to we hear how a positive outlook can be very depressing to us negative fans when there is nothing to be happy about. Negative fans are not happy being negative and merely reflect the nature of all life. Life being generally depressing and horrible and well not very positive.

Don't think by being positive, positive fans are making negative fans even more negative and so are doing them a favour. They are not. IF and when there is news to be positive about then negative fans can be positive. Oh yes positively we can. Contract extensions and ......um.......loan players........a couple of squad players. I mean us negative fans are fine with that. BUT if Fulham is ever to come close to being as good or better than last season. Three if not 4 first team players in the right positions is what we need.

Just say no to being positive until there is something to be positive about. Negative fans have feelings too.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BarryP

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 25, 2017, 12:59:39 PM
While we wait for the first real decent signing of the Summer. In a position we actually are short of players. I would like to make the point that positive and happy fans can be very irritating. We always hear about us negative fans bringing others down. But rarely to we hear how a positive outlook can be very depressing to us negative fans when there is nothing to be happy about. Negative fans are not happy being negative and merely reflect the nature of all life. Life being generally depressing and horrible and well not very positive.

Don't think by being positive, positive fans are making negative fans even more negative and so are doing them a favour. They are not. IF and when there is news to be positive about then negative fans can be positive. Oh yes positively we can. Contract extensions and ......um.......loan players........a couple of squad players. I mean us negative fans are fine with that. BUT if Fulham is ever to come close to being as good or better than last season. Three if not 4 first team players in the right positions is what we need.

Just say no to being positive until there is something to be positive about. Negative fans have feelings too.

Gray skies are gonna clear up
Put on a happy face
Brush off the clouds and cheer up
Put on a happy face

Take of the gloomy mask of tragedy
It's not your style
You'll look so good that you'll be glad
You decided to smile

Pick out a pleasant outlook
Stick out that noble chin
Wipe off that full-of-doubt look
Slap on a happy grin

And spread sunshine all over the place
And put on a happy face

9739.gif 049:gif :yay:

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Two Ton Ted

I don't consider myself positive or negative, rather a realist.

We were the 6th best team in the division last season, and currently we have sold 2 players from our first XI who need to be replaced with like for like or better just to stand still. Also realistically we need better players brought into the club to improve on our 6th place, which clearly has not happened so far.

If anyone is optimistic following our transfer dealings so far then they clearly are missing a dose of realism. It's also hard to be anything but pessimistic when we are 11 days from the season kick off and only have 17 senior professionals on the books. I'd love to see the youngsters step up and take their places on merit but I think it's unrealistic to expect them to.

Never ever bloody anything ever.

We Are Premier League

With the risk of being too positive...

Our starting 11 is actually likely to be stronger than last yea. Simply because 8 or 9 of the starting players against Darmstadt know each other much better, compared to last year, and are likely to be in our starting 11 at the start of the season.

We just need to fill in a few blanks and buy/borrow some subs.

khanyoudothekhankhan

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 25, 2017, 01:26:23 PM

Our starting 11 is actually likely to be stronger than last yea. Simply because 8 or 9 of the starting players against Darmstadt know each other much better, compared to last year, and are likely to be in our starting 11 at the start of the season.

Button

Fredericks---Djalo---Sigurdson---Ream

This is by any metric or subjective analysis a terrible and rotten defence. Our Director of Football and chairman does not seem to care.

fulhamben

Quote from: khanyoudothekhankhan on July 25, 2017, 01:33:33 PM

Button

This is by any metric or subjective analysis a terrible and rotten defence. Our Director of Football and chairman does not seem to care.

surely button won't start I'd imagine this from what we have
Betts
Fred. . . . Madl. . . .  Ream. . .  Sess
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

khanyoudothekhankhan

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2017, 01:35:56 PM

Button

Betts
Either way what has happened at this club over the summer is a disgrace.

Casper Stylvsig has mucked up both the shirt release and the FulhamTV package.

Khan and Kline are twiddling their thumbs.

God knows what Macintosh does apart from ingratiating himself with a clique from the Supporters Trust.

Chutney

Button

If this is our defence and gk for the season ahead we will be in a relegation fight. That centre back pairing alone makes me want to throw up.
C O Y W

dhowells21

Okay fine..

Football is s***. Fulham are s***.

TC right foot is a waste of space.
All Fredricks can do is run.
McDonald has the turning circle of a boat.
Aluko couldn't score from 5 yards out.

Is that better?

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Chutney on July 25, 2017, 01:44:40 PM

Button

If this is our defence and gk for the season ahead we will be in a relegation fight. That centre back pairing alone makes me want to throw up.
Why would that ever be our first choice?

Fred Madl Ream Odoi/ Sessgnon

Id drop McDonald into the middle before playing Djalo. You guys are funny.

AlexW132

Button

Betts
That back line screams to me 2 goals let in a game minimum.

fulhamben

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 25, 2017, 02:08:00 PM

Button

Betts
That back line screams to me 2 goals let in a game minimum.
don't feel me with much confidence either, which is why I think top 12 will be a good season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Deeping_white

Button

Didn't you say we'd be in a relegation scrap last season as well though?

filham

Quote from: dhowells21 on July 25, 2017, 01:57:08 PM
Okay fine..

Football is s***. Fulham are s***.

TC right foot is a waste of space.
All Fredricks can do is run.
McDonald has the turning circle of a boat.
Aluko couldn't score from 5 yards out.

Is that better?

No that is terrible and must be classed as really looking on the dark side of things.
Look
TC was probably the best attacking midfielder in the Championship and has a sweet left foot.
Fredericks is the best attacking right back we have had for a long while
MacDonald is the answer to the defensive midfield problem we have had for all our time in the Championship,
Aluko is so attractive to watch and has both skills a pace to put fear into defences.

I am a realist, can't think what an optimist would say about these players.

Flume

Whats the possibility of KMac dropping into cb and Cisse taking his spot for now
In Slav we trust

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Flume on July 25, 2017, 02:51:28 PM
Whats the possibility of KMac dropping into cb and Cisse taking his spot for now

I thought KMac also looked comfortable in that position. Could be a temp solution. Looks like he enjoyed playing there.

One James stannard

Chutney

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 25, 2017, 01:57:28 PM

Button

Why would that ever be our first choice?

Fred Madl Ream Odoi/ Sessgnon

Id drop McDonald into the middle before playing Djalo. You guys are funny.

Sigurdsson and Djalo seem to be ahead based on the friendly selections.
Quote from: Deeping_white on July 25, 2017, 02:17:38 PM

Button

Didn't you say we'd be in a relegation scrap last season as well though?

I said that before we made several signings, I thought we'd be lower mid yes, was gladly proved wrong, I don't think anyone could have predicted we'd make the play offs though, so credit to Jokanovic for making it happen. Unfortunately this summer we haven't progressed the squad, the same squad that scraped in to the play offs, while teams around us continue to bring people in, I tend to always fear the worst. Fortunately Siggurdson and Djalo is very unlikely to be our CB pairing, I'm merely saying if it is, through injuries or slav losing his mind, then we would be in big trouble, they are truly awful players. Hoping for a new LB, two good starting CBs and a goal scoring striker, then we can start talking play offs again.
C O Y W

Southcoastffc

"Negative fans are not happy being negative and merely reflect the nature of all life. Life being generally depressing and horrible and well not very positive."  Well that's cheered me up no end!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Southcoastffc on July 25, 2017, 04:37:52 PM
"Negative fans are not happy being negative and merely reflect the nature of all life. Life being generally depressing and horrible and well not very positive."  Well that's cheered me up no end!

Well the moment we are born we begin to die. Deep sigh. Still I hope I have made life tolerable for the moment.  :012:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope