watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting 11 for Norwich

Started by Jimmy Hill, July 25, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H3Matt

Bettinelli, Fredericks, Djalo, Ream, Odoi, McDonald, Norwood, Johansen, Kebano, Ayité, Aluko.

I'm honestly not sure who to play with Ream, so I put Djalo as he's featured the most in pre-season. Madl's been injured and Sigurdsson is just not good enough. Would love to have Kalas back to fill that slot.

Carborundum

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 25, 2017, 03:58:20 PM
Can someone, like whoever has replaced Sarah, or any interviewers that get near Slav ask his opinion on Djalo? I'm sure 90% of the fans don't rate him, but I'm prepared to back him if Slav wants him around. Some had said playing Djalo in pre season was Slav doing it out of spite to show how badly we needed investment. Obv I doubt that reasoning, a youngster could have easily staked his claim there in pre season, but again, why play him so much if he was so poor? The u23s and u18s looked decent all pre season and could easily have promoted from within, main point being, he surely is rated by Slav or his compadres
Central defensive pairings, back fours indeed work well when talented players know their roles and have understanding with teammates.  Djalo can only get that last bit by spending time on the pitch.  Until our best defensive unit have spent time together, goofs and gaffes can be expected.  Kalas, Ream, Fredericks and Sessegnon/Odoi would be a magic wand solution for our first game.  Not sure it's going to get waived in time.

So perhaps opportunity knocks for Djalo against Norwich.  To round out the team, I'd suggest Piazon takes the Cairney role, Woodrow up front and perm any two from Kebano, Ayite, Aluko and Sessegnon (assuming Odoi at LB). Bettinelli keeper. Johansen and McDonald naturally.  Bench: anyone we have left.

Classic94

Betts, Fredericks, Madl, Ream, Odoi, McDonald, Norwood, Johansen, Aluko, Kebano, Ayite

Subs: Button, Sessegnon, Djalo, Cisse, Edun, Piazon, Woodrow

Would love Kalas and a ST in before Norwich but, then again, these positions should've been filled weeks ago.

filham

It is not looking good is it, just think, would we have made that good run in the second half of last season with Kalas, Malone and Cairney absent from every game. Of course not we would have done well to have finished mid table.

Classic94

Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2017, 06:58:07 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 25, 2017, 03:11:34 PM
I think a quick look at the starting 11 should keep people in a positive mood

Really????

Excellent midfield and wingers. Defensively and striker-wise, it's a bit of a shambles.

Woolly Mammoth

In the absence of any orthodox striker, I would start Kebano, and I would select him ahead of Piazon anyway.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2017, 09:25:21 PM
In the absence of any orthodox striker, I would start Kebano, and I would select him ahead of Piazon anyway.
isn't he injured though?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2017, 09:30:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 25, 2017, 09:25:21 PM
isn't he injured though?

Yes you could well be right, I forgot, I think he is now you mention it.
Ok cancel that last announcement, and replace it with Matt Smith is re signing for Fulham FC for an undisclosed fee, to solve their striker problem.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: JackHFFC1990 on July 25, 2017, 05:00:33 PM
If Norwood signs & Cairney & Kebano miss the game through injury I would say

Bettinelli
Fredericks Madl Ream Sessegnon
             McDonald Norwood
  Aluko         Johansen     Piazon
                        Ayite

Subs - Button , Djalo , Odoi , Ciise , Edun , De La Torre, Woodrow

I am very hopeful on Kalas coming back on loan though before the Norwich game

Now that the club appear to have found the key to unlock the incoming door, we could very well see other new players entering the premises. 🗝🔑

Never forget your Roots.

therealjaybee

Can see us using something like this (not sure how many subs but I'd say it'll be a mixture of those faded out)

Tomo

As things stand and I expect a lot of movement before Norwich I'd go with the following, taking into consideration TC's injury / Kebano's / Odoi's lack of involvement.

GK: Bettinelli

RB: Fredericks
CB: Ream
CB: Madl
LB: Sessengon

CM:McDonald
CM: Johansen

RW: Aluko
CAM: Norwood
LW: Piazon

ST: Ayite

Obviously not the greatest of line-up's and in all honesty I wouldn't want Madl at CB but he'd probably do a better job than Djalo + Sigurdsson combined. I can honestly see Dennis Odoi leaving unfortunately the fact he hasn't been involved in any pre-season friendly since FC Zlin. I am fully expecting us to have signed a new striker, left back and center back prior to this match. I'm hoping for Rolan, Obita and Kalas who will slot into the team accordingly.

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

westcliff white

Quote from: snarks on July 25, 2017, 03:53:32 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2017, 03:31:23 PM
aside from Ipswich the other 4 teams in the first 5 gamesi owuld expect to be around the top 8. I would settle for min 6 points and anthing above 8 is a bonus

My team would be (assuming Norwood signs and that both Cairney & Kebano are unfit)

Button

Fredericks
Madl (although as he hasnt feature dmuch in preseaosn I wouldnt be surprised to see Djalo)
Reram
Odoi

McDOnald
Johanssen

Aluko
Johannsen
Sessegnon

Ayite

Subs
Betts
Djalo (Or Madl if Djalo picked)
Cisse
Piazon
Edun
Woodrow
Siggurdsen

I know that Johannsen covers a lot of ground, but enough for 2 positions? - That's asking a lot (did you want Cisse there?)
No I meant to put in Norwood
Every day is a Fulham day

DevonFFC

Quote from: Chutney on July 25, 2017, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 25, 2017, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 25, 2017, 03:24:18 PM
Quote from: Chutney on July 25, 2017, 03:19:14 PM
Djalo can't be on the bench, if we actually have to bring him on we are essentially losing the match there and then, would rather have sigurdsson or drop mcdonald there and bring on a dm. Mcdonald has always done a solid job covering at CB.

Also, without Cairney there we will struggle at Norwich, does anybody know the extent of his injury?

Im giving Djalo the benefit of the doubt where as sigurdsson has not impressed at all for me.

Sigurdsson or Kmac by far.

Honestly, Djalo is a Mark Fotheringham level of signing.

That's harsh. I think Mark has a parking badge now

Chutney

Quote from: H3Matt on July 25, 2017, 05:29:32 PM
Bettinelli, Fredericks, Djalo, Ream, Odoi, McDonald, Norwood, Johansen, Kebano, Ayité, Aluko.

I'm honestly not sure who to play with Ream, so I put Djalo as he's featured the most in pre-season. Madl's been injured and Sigurdsson is just not good enough. Would love to have Kalas back to fill that slot.

Sigurdsson is a way better player than Djalo, let that sink in.
C O Y W

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Chutney on July 26, 2017, 02:28:41 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on July 25, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Sigurdsson is a way better player than Djalo, let that sink in.

My Sunday team have better centre backs than either of them.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Sessegnon is wasted at left back.
Currently Ream and Madl are ok, but I would not want to rely on either of them every week. and I like Fredericks and Odoi, but it's a long hard season, you never know what injuries may occur.
Currently we are bankrupt of any real decent centre backs.
Yes Ream is a footballing centre back, but he falls short physically when the going gets tough, and it will get tough, and if we are serious about promotion, then bring in a quality defender, even if we have to pay a little more than we would like to. Kallas would partly solve it, but even he is not at Fulham FC. I just don't like square pegs in round holes, yes it's ok on a temp basis, but not as a plan B.

Never forget your Roots.

dgnffc

Madl seems to be a bit of a sicknote at the moment so I'm not sure we can rely on him too much.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dgnffc on July 26, 2017, 06:12:26 PM
Madl seems to be a bit of a sicknote at the moment so I'm not sure we can rely on him too much.

Unless there is a troop of Cavalry coming over the horizon, whoever is in goal, and I assume it will be Betts the way things stand at the moment, then our Goalkeeper could find himself working overtime.
Unless of course our defence as a Unit have been working overtime in training with Jok, to form a defensive unit, ably supported by our midfield tucking in, to stand firm and be used as a base to launch our attacks. I would not put that passed Jok to have that in his locker.
But to carry it off on the field of play, is a lot more difficult than practicing the routine on a training field.
Although Roy Hodgson was a conasuir of defending as a team in the last third.

Never forget your Roots.

We Are Premier League

GK: Bettinelli

RB: Fredericks
CB: Ream
CB: Kalas
LB: Sessegnon

CM:McDonald
CM: Johansen
CAM: Norwood

RW: Aluko