watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting 11 for Norwich

Started by Jimmy Hill, July 25, 2017, 03:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Hill

With everyone stressing out about the lack of signings I think a quick look at the starting 11 should keep people in a positive mood for the beginning of the season. We need some players as we cant rely on the U23s for the squad depth for the whole season but we can results with this team. We knocked 4 past huddersfield with aluko up front and they got promoted.

Betts

Fredricks  Madl Ream Sessegon

MCdonald Cisse

Ayite      Johanson     Piazon

Aluko

Subs
Button
Odoi
Djalo
Edun
Adeniran
Williams
Woodrow

@jolslover

I think you have forgotten about Kebano. I would have him over Piazon. If reports are to believed that Norwood will sign in the next few days I would have him above Cisse. Other than that. Agree.
STH H3

westcliff white

Personally think Odoi will start at left back
Every day is a Fulham day

Chutney

Djalo can't be on the bench, if we actually have to bring him on we are essentially losing the match there and then, would rather have sigurdsson or drop mcdonald there and bring on a dm. Mcdonald has always done a solid job covering at CB.

Also, without Cairney there we will struggle at Norwich, does anybody know the extent of his injury?
C O Y W

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2017, 03:16:58 PM
Personally think Odoi will start at left back

I think so too with Kebano instead of Piazon.

Bench would be:

Butts, Sessegnon, Sigurdsson, Piazon, Woodrow, Williams, Edun.

Room for improvement but still pretty good.

Jimmy Hill

I was under the impression (from this board) that him and cainey were injured. Don't no much about Norwood but from the small bits of cisse ive seen i like the look of him and he has had some pre season with us. My point is basically yeah the next 5 games are tough but we can still put out a good team and there are no excuses for not getting the results. 8-10 points for me. Lets stop the moaning and just get on with the job. 

Jimmy Hill

Quote from: Chutney on July 25, 2017, 03:19:14 PM
Djalo can't be on the bench, if we actually have to bring him on we are essentially losing the match there and then, would rather have sigurdsson or drop mcdonald there and bring on a dm. Mcdonald has always done a solid job covering at CB.

Also, without Cairney there we will struggle at Norwich, does anybody know the extent of his injury?

Im giving Djalo the benefit of the doubt where as sigurdsson has not impressed at all for me.

fulhamben

Sess will start either at lw or lb
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Chutney

Quote from: fulhamben on July 25, 2017, 03:26:29 PM
Sess will start either at lw or lb

I think he's better at LW, that's where he shone for England this summer
C O Y W

westcliff white

aside from Ipswich the other 4 teams in the first 5 gamesi owuld expect to be around the top 8. I would settle for min 6 points and anthing above 8 is a bonus

My team would be (assuming Norwood signs and that both Cairney & Kebano are unfit)

Button

Fredericks
Madl (although as he hasnt feature dmuch in preseaosn I wouldnt be surprised to see Djalo)
Reram
Odoi

McDOnald
Johanssen

Aluko
Johannsen
Sessegnon

Ayite

Subs
Betts
Djalo (Or Madl if Djalo picked)
Cisse
Piazon
Edun
Woodrow
Siggurdsen
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Jimmy Hill on July 25, 2017, 03:24:18 PM

Im giving Djalo the benefit of the doubt where as sigurdsson has not impressed at all for me.

Sigurdsson or Kmac by far.

Chutney

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 25, 2017, 03:31:46 PM

Honestly, Djalo is a Mark Fotheringham level of signing.
C O Y W

@jolslover

Quote from: Chutney on July 25, 2017, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 25, 2017, 03:31:46 PM

Honestly, Djalo is a Mark Fotheringham level of signing.

You've written him off based on two pre-season games? Honestly give him a chance. Was decent against Gliwice and the second half of the West Ham game, Atleast.
I'm not saying hes good but i'm prepared to give him a chance and judge him after some competitive games
STH H3

twang

If Cairney is out and we don't sign any first choice striker or central defender in the coming days:

Bettinelli
Fredericks - Madl - Ream - Odoi
Piazón - McDonald - Johansen
Aluko - Ayité - Sessegnon

MikeW

I love the positivity and rank optimism but a lot can happen in 10 days.  I don't think we've finished selling yet.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

fulhamben

Quote from: MikeW on July 25, 2017, 03:47:16 PM
I love the positivity and rank optimism but a lot can happen in 10 days.  I don't think we've finished selling yet.
lol
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

snarks

Quote from: westcliff white on July 25, 2017, 03:31:23 PM
aside from Ipswich the other 4 teams in the first 5 gamesi owuld expect to be around the top 8. I would settle for min 6 points and anthing above 8 is a bonus

My team would be (assuming Norwood signs and that both Cairney & Kebano are unfit)

Button

Fredericks
Madl (although as he hasnt feature dmuch in preseaosn I wouldnt be surprised to see Djalo)
Reram
Odoi

McDOnald
Johanssen

Aluko
Johannsen
Sessegnon

Ayite

Subs
Betts
Djalo (Or Madl if Djalo picked)
Cisse
Piazon
Edun
Woodrow
Siggurdsen

I know that Johannsen covers a lot of ground, but enough for 2 positions? - That's asking a lot (did you want Cisse there?)

aaronmcguigan

Can someone, like whoever has replaced Sarah, or any interviewers that get near Slav ask his opinion on Djalo? I'm sure 90% of the fans don't rate him, but I'm prepared to back him if Slav wants him around. Some had said playing Djalo in pre season was Slav doing it out of spite to show how badly we needed investment. Obv I doubt that reasoning, a youngster could have easily staked his claim there in pre season, but again, why play him so much if he was so poor? The u23s and u18s looked decent all pre season and could easily have promoted from within, main point being, he surely is rated by Slav or his compadres

dhowells21

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 25, 2017, 03:58:20 PM
Can someone, like whoever has replaced Sarah, or any interviewers that get near Slav ask his opinion on Djalo? I'm sure 90% of the fans don't rate him, but I'm prepared to back him if Slav wants him around. Some had said playing Djalo in pre season was Slav doing it out of spite to show how badly we needed investment. Obv I doubt that reasoning, a youngster could have easily staked his claim there in pre season, but again, why play him so much if he was so poor? The u23s and u18s looked decent all pre season and could easily have promoted from within, main point being, he surely is rated by Slav or his compadres

I reckon its close to 90% of fans haven't even seen him play.

JackHFFC1990

If Norwood signs & Cairney & Kebano miss the game through injury I would say

Bettinelli
Fredericks Madl Ream Sessegnon
             McDonald Norwood
  Aluko         Johansen     Piazon
                        Ayite

Subs - Button , Djalo , Odoi , Ciise , Edun , De La Torre, Woodrow

I am very hopeful on Kalas coming back on loan though before the Norwich game