watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good spirit

Started by Andy S, July 27, 2017, 09:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Kalas and Norwood happy to be here. Sess and Cairney. The team spirit looks good I have a feeling about this season.... I think it will be better than last

nose

with kalas back, if everyone is fit we should have a better start
the problem remains the same as last season in that injury/suspension/loss of form is not adequately covered and lack of competiton for places can bread complacency
but i feel sure the football will be as good or better than last season and with a new forward apparaently on his way... kamara...  maybe we are starting to get the show on the road... just

hopper

Quote from: nose on July 27, 2017, 10:41:11 PM
the problem remains the same as last season in that injury/suspension/loss of form is not adequately covered and lack of competiton for places can bread complacency
but i feel sure the football will be as good or better than last season and with a new forward apparaently on his way... kamara...  maybe we are starting to get the show on the road... just

Certainly the case at the back and up front. Feel we are very well equipped in midfield, even more so than last year

Fulhamerica23

We had an amazing start. Our September was poor against teams it really shouldn't have been poor against.

VicHalomsLovechild

Bringing the age of the first team down will encourage the under 21's and 18's to believe there's a chance to break in and stake a claim. As, there are players of their age in the starting 11. Previously many of our first teams were averaging late 20's early 30's. When you're 18 a 30 year old is a fossil with little or nothing in common.

nose

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on July 27, 2017, 11:07:46 PM

Bringing the age of the first team down will encourage the under 21's and 18's to believe there's a chance to break in and stake a claim. As, there are players of their age in the starting 11. Previously many of our first teams were averaging late 20's early 30's. When you're 18 a 30 year old is a fossil with little or nothing in common.

i remain a fan of a younger team
maybe we lack a bit of experience but i think if the quality is correct then lower the age.
we do have a couple of youngsters that i hope will make an impression, we saw them in cup games last season and i thought they looked pretty good!

therealjaybee

I absolutely LOVE how much Kalas and Norwood love the club by the sounds of things! Can only be a good thing

Woolly Mammoth

Nothing like lifting the spirit, with only 8 days to go before the big Ko.
A couple more additions in key places will certainly reinforce that.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

Funny how one signing can lift spirits. I know most of us think we need another goalscorer but we did hit 85 last season with one who did not want to be here....

092.gif   

Andy S

That is true Bog but what happens if every team that comes to the cottage tries to play the way of Reading and we end up with all our matches Drawn? Every season you change slightly and that causes your opponent problems. We still have last season in our armoury but we have a plan B

Twig

I am a bit agnostic at the moment. I don't think we are worse but neither do I see us as having strengthened the squad significantly.  Sign a suitable striker and I will join the optimistic camp.  But I would still like a top quality keeper, which is no slight on Betts I just think we have a tradition of exceptional keepers.   

Maccy91

Im extremely optimistic about this season, i said after we lost to reading that if we copied what brighton had done and kept the spine of the team together and added some depth i thought we could challenge for autos. Dont forget we started last season with an almost entirely new starting 11, the team that starts at norwich bar maybe 1 or 2 players now know each other inside out. We dont necessarily need to improve on last season as our form in the second half of the season was automatic promotion form so really we just need to continue in that vein.

My only major concern is i was shocked last season that more teams didnt do what reading did in the play offs, and now they have done that on a very public stage they have shown the rest of the league how to stop us, so i hope the team has come up with a plan B over the summer

nose

Quote from: Andy S on July 28, 2017, 09:42:11 AM
That is true Bog but what happens if every team that comes to the cottage tries to play the way of Reading and we end up with all our matches Drawn? Every season you change slightly and that causes your opponent problems. We still have last season in our armoury but we have a plan B

I think the way we played last season is the best way to play.
Many teams will try to do what reading did and most will fail IMO
Reading got very lucky and we did not take our chances. Reading were a good team and better than most at what they did. we do need a plan B or in my parlance, mix it up a bit, but heaven forbid we resort to bully boy or stuff or lumping it aimlessly... but occasionaly a more direct approach can work.  It will be down to personnel.

Even despite all my doom and gloom on the MB as the season approaches I get more and more excited and start thinking we will win every game!