more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Today's game

Started by fulhamben, July 29, 2017, 09:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2017, 04:41:51 PM
Nobody can look at todays performance and opposition and can come up with any conclusion other than we are have a squad that is not as good as it was. Despite reaching the playoffs the decision has been made not to improve drastically the team to reach promotion. With injury and what have you as well. This is a poor compared to what we really should be looking at with a week to go.
our first 11 isn't as good let alone squad. Could be a really long season considering the injuries we have
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

A club has to accept that injuries can happen at any time. They then have to have players good enough to be able to step in & keep our strength & performances intact. This , so far, has not happened.
The club have some massive decisions to make over the remainder of this window.
Where there's a will there's a wife

JoelH5

We haven't won't a game in preseason have we? Or was there a 1-0?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: JoelH5 on July 29, 2017, 04:50:49 PM
We haven't won't a game in preseason have we? Or was there a 1-0?

Won the first one (and the behind closed doors qpr u23 one)

Deeping_white

I mean it's a bit weird that some people are getting so irate over a friendly, also bearing in mind we've just played a full strength team that will be competing for a champions league spot this year. All things considered we should've been 2-1 up in the second half and we didn't even have our best two players on the pitch. Sometimes I think people just want to find stuff to moan about irrespective of how pointless it is

BedsFFC

Quote from: Deeping_white on July 29, 2017, 04:55:36 PM
I mean it's a bit weird that some people are getting so irate over a friendly, also bearing in mind we've just played a full strength team that will be competing for a champions league spot this year. All things considered we should've been 2-1 up in the second half and we didn't even have our best two players on the pitch. Sometimes I think people just want to find stuff to moan about irrespective of how pointless it is

Oh yes. And you can bet they will be out in force this evening.

Fulhamerica23

Three first teamers out injured. A fourth goes off after a half hour. Still a month left in the window. Calm down all. It's not like we'll be playing Bundesliga sides all season.

ChesterTheTabby

Indeed. It's a friendly against a top tier German outfit that, after their transfer season, look set to compete for at minimum a Europa League spot. We still have no out-and-out striker, and that bothers me. Other than that I think we will be fine with KMac, Kebano, and TC coming back from knocks.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

dannyboi-ffc

100% agree. I don't post as much for that reason
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

cmg

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 29, 2017, 04:57:25 PM

Oh yes. And you can bet they will be out in force this evening.

...and be making in depth analyses and specific player critiques despite not having been within miles of the match.

Lighthouse

No I think what people are saying is not about the result or the performance but the fact that with a week to go. We have brought in no first team players, just squad players. No improvement to the side and we kick of the season next week. Next week when we put in a poor performance. People will tell me that there is still time to bring in players. That it is only the first game of the season. We can all find excuses but we all knew that we need a forward, a defender and a keeper at least to improve the team. We have had none of those. We have injury problems but the squad we put out included three keepers. If any fan is happy with that and really expects us to reach the heights we did last season just because we did it once are I believe going to be in for a sad awakening.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Ordar

While I agree that pre season games dont overly matter. Its pretty alarming that we're conceding so many goals (19 goals in 7 games)

Plus we have so many injuries

ScalleysDad

Some interesting thoughts but I still disagree with the 'it's only a friendly' outlook. If there were any plans for a consistent top six and a strong finish we should have been hitting the ground running today and the key positions filled and bedded in. Injuries are par for the course but we look like a team in trouble with two or three key players missing.

grandad

9 of the 11 starters played regularly together last season but they appeared as if they were complete strangers. The loss to injury of Cairney & McDonald should not have made such a difference as it turned out.
Cisse & Norwood should have been quite capable deputies.

Maybe we will have to change formation if Cairney is missing for a while. 5-3-2/ 3-5 2 perhaps. Sess & Fred did not attack down the wings much today. Our play in the last 1/3 was non existent.
Where there's a will there's a wife

nose

I am not actually sure what planet some people are on.
for weeks and weeks we (people with my outlook) have been saying things are very very wrong, as diplomatically as we can).. and today was another wake up call to the board and owner and whoever else runs the club. I would prefer id the myriad of posters that have a go at my outlook explain their optimism that we are in safe hands.

The current leadership have wasted the pre-season BUT can still recover it if they do the right thing however as long as the current purchasing poliy remian, i.e. mr kline and the like, then expect joca to leave soon. why would e want to stay if te club so spectacularly are failing to support him.

ho hum, another sad season ahead with all the potential totally wasted...  i can hardly wait for the posters with 100 or or less start telling me why I am wrong, why does he bother.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2017, 05:09:34 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 29, 2017, 05:03:04 PM
We have brought in no first team players, just squad players.

Kalas?

Kalas was with us last season. We haven't improved the side at all from last season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2017, 05:10:15 PM

+1

Nonsense, playing for a champions league place,they were lucky to stay up last year.
People aren't moaning Deeping for the sake of it,they are seeing the cracks that are there and they need covering over...
Anybody in league 1 would have beaten us today.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 29, 2017, 05:13:53 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2017, 05:10:15 PM

+1

Nonsense, playing for a champions league place,they were lucky to stay up last year.
People aren't moaning Deeping for the sake of it,they are seeing the cracks that are there and they need covering over...
Anybody in league 1 would have beaten us today.

Have you seen how much money they invested so far this summer? Camacho, Dimata, Brooks are theee top quality additions to their squad, and that team would batter most of the prem teams hands down. If you were there you would've seen that we missed three glorious chances, one in the first half and two in the second. A league one team would not have beaten us, although you seem to believe that league 1 is better than half of the Spanish or French first divisions so I take everything you say with a pinch of salt ...

Bill2

We did not play well and hardly touched the ball for the last ten minutes. The last two goals were due to poor defending and after the third we stopped playing. I was not impressed by the new boys but I seem to remember saying the same last year but SJ turned them around. We need a centre forward.

Mince n Tatties

DW I was there...And We were garbage.
Not going to get in an argument as I've been banned already this week,which pleased you and your mate I should think...Keep smiling.