https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Slavisa lets rip

Started by aaronmcguigan, July 29, 2017, 06:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Quote from: aussierod on July 29, 2017, 11:14:47 PM
Quote from: Andy S on July 29, 2017, 10:18:40 PM
When Slav took the job it was as head coach not manager. He knows the position and so do we. We might prefer Slav to have the traditional title as we understand what that stands for. I don't think we did badly today and was still in the game until quite late. Yes we looked rusty anal over the place after the substitutions but there is a fine line to tread in giving players game time and integrating new players as well as winning a game. The proof will be next Saturday
Reading all these comments about any self respecting, decent manager storming out of the club etc, I could help but think of your first line. We have a head coach, not a manager.
The head coach should be frustrated that he's not got the talent in positions that he feels he needs it, but he's never been in the position of talent identification and recruitment whilst at Fulham.
If I was Slavisa, I would be frustrated with the constant questions regarding matters out of his control.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

is that it? Am I to understand that a head coach has no/minimal input into the squad recurietment.
I am asking a serious question. I had understod that both the manager and the stats had to be in alignment regarding transfer policy. whilst it is not posible to know every player all over the wworld/europe/Uk as amanager/head coach, if you were in charge of the first team, surely you would want a major say in recurietment.

I was also stunned from the report from the FST that we buy players with a view to increasing value, they didn't say we buy players to get us promoted. 

I seriously think that we could be minus a head coach sooner than later.

filham

Can some one now explain to us fans who is actually running this team and club.
It is not the Chairman , he is hands off in the States and it would seem it is not the Head Coach who has stated he has no say in transfers.
Is it Stats Boy.
We really have never , ever seen a situation like this before. The chairman should get involved and issue a clear statement without delay.

aussierod

Quote from: nose on July 29, 2017, 11:30:03 PM
When Slav took the job it was as head coach not manager. He knows the position and so do we. We might prefer Slav to have the traditional title as we understand what that stands for. I don't think we did badly today and was still in the game until quite late. Yes we looked rusty anal over the place after the substitutions but there is a fine line to tread in giving players game time and integrating new players as well as winning a game. The proof will be next Saturday
Reading all these comments about any self respecting, decent manager storming out of the club etc, I could help but think of your first line. We have a head coach, not a manager.
The head coach should be frustrated that he's not got the talent in positions that he feels he needs it, but he's never been in the position of talent identification and recruitment whilst at Fulham.
If I was Slavisa, I would be frustrated with the constant questions regarding matters out of his control.

is that it? Am I to understand that a head coach has no/minimal input into the squad recurietment.
I am asking a serious question. I had understod that both the manager and the stats had to be in alignment regarding transfer policy. whilst it is not posible to know every player all over the wworld/europe/Uk as amanager/head coach, if you were in charge of the first team, surely you would want a major say in recurietment.

I was also stunned from the report from the FST that we buy players with a view to increasing value, they didn't say we buy players to get us promoted. 

My view is that the head coach dictates the style of play his team wants to play and assesses the positions which need improving. He gives some requirements for the positions he wishes to improve, e.g. he may say to Tony Khan and team: "I want to play with pace, with positive forward movement, with passing and interchanging between my forward players, please find me some players who can play up front which meet my requirements". Tony and team therefore have statistics which look at pace, pass completion, runs into channels or off the last man's shoulder, as well as having a good strike rate with respect to shots taken, shots on target. A list is quickly drawn up by statistical analysis, weighting the different leagues on competitiveness, highlighting the hundred players which meet this requirement. Filtering further, a quarter of these may have only 1 yr left on their contract so we should identify these first as clubs are more likely to sell these players and they are cheaper. Our scouts look through these 25 players to see how they play, do they fit Slavisa's brief, do they fit our club brand and team ethos. We prioritise and then begin the process of working through the recruitment process with the club, the agent, the player and hope that everybody is in agreement with our valuation, else we move onto the next on the list, and so on.
Personally I believe that Slavisa should be focusing on the team, not scouring the globe for players who fit his brief, as at our level there could be hundreds of players across the dozens of leagues which are capable of playing his style. Slavisa possibly does not know every league in detail, nor every club, nor every player, their contract situation etc etc in full detail to find the best player for his requirements. He possibly gets loads of agents telling him of a player he should sign and he could be convinced without doing his due diligence, or may be swayed by personal bias, all of which we've been burnt by before, e.g. jol, Sanchez, magath, Symons etc
Anyway, this is purely my take on it, the club is trying to take the huge workload of player identification and recruitment out of Slavisa's hands so that he can focus solely on improving the team at hand

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

JoelH5

We are just Tony Khan's play thing. Surely you can all see that? We were bought for the son who already has every other toy
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Flume

I remember being dismissed after I said 'because Joka's position is 'Head Coach' and not 'Manager' maybe he doesnt have control over the transfers out', now it seems it could be true although I hope this isnt the case
In Slav we trust

RaySmith

But how much control did Jol have about selling his best players - when Dempsey and  Dembele were sold from under him.

People say about the  players seeing out  their careers  brought in under him, but how much money was there to spend?

Milo

Haven't read responses so I can give honest first opinion -

I feel he was definitely have a moan. No questions asked. Or there wouldn't have even been an interview.

He is more tactful in how he approaches it compared to last year I.e. Very happy with contract extensions, miserable we are missing a LB and striker, but I've got confidence in the recruitment team and I'm sure they'll find me a replacement.

Nonetheless its still speaking out...

aaronmcguigan

True . He's actually spoke out in the defence of the recruitment team. He doesn't agree with the approach, but he's confident they can deliver him the right players and he specified which positions.
In a defined role of head coach , I think that's his limit. Specifying the position and type of player, which I'm assuming stats boi and co will incorporate into their fact finding missions.

But I'm pretty sure one of the next questions at the FST needs to be, why does such a small club continually have its dirty linen washed in public? They are professionals and need to work as such. I'm not saying stop Joka being ranty, but also stop the current relationship from making him feel like he needs to rant to get his point across. Motspur is a big enough place to have a rant without involving the BBC

grandad

Having read all the articles & posts on the subject I do not regard SJ´s comments a rip snorting lambast as the Journos make out.
So much of what SJ says is due to his comparative poor English. He just doesn´t have the vocabulary to get over exactly what he wants to say.
Where there's a will there's a wife

BedsFFC

You been saying it a long time. You will be proved correct at some point

nose

Quote from: BedsFFC on July 30, 2017, 11:38:15 AM

You been saying it a long time. You will be proved correct at some point

well it is true, nowadays no manager or player ever seems to last that long, so yes I am bound to be proved correct. actually in joca's case I have realy only said it after he is clearly not being supported properly. The issue is why a manager goes. If it is for a better life or bigger team, well we are used to that...  if it is because he feels isolated and unloved by the management, that is quite a different thing.

three times now joca has spoken out. clearly since the first incident he has been advised or decided to use measured more terms. But there is no doubt we have IMO the best manager in the division, a few decent signings, not even that excesive spending that some seem to go in for, woiuld see us walk the division. But to be no better and possibly less well equipped at the start of this season is unbeliveable. That is why i actually think the clock is genuinely ticking.