watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

'Dream Team' advertising on FoF

Started by AlexW132, July 30, 2017, 10:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

I'm expecting a backlash here but I think the site should block Dream Team, a website from the S*n newspaper, from advertising on here. Given that this is is a football forum, I feel it is inappropriate.

Logicalman

Personally I don't know what the dream team associated with The Sun newspaper is. Can you clarify the reasons for the objection to their advertising?

One thing you might need to consider is that the advertising you see on the screen is often targeted based on your IP address and search usage. As such, barring adult content, a lot of those adverts might well be linked to sites the user visits.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

AlexW132

My objection is due to the Sun's part in the aftermath following the Hillsborough disaster, and as such I feel that given this is a football forum it shouldn't be allowed to advertise. I avoid their websites at all cost so I very much doubt it's linked to my IP.

love4ffc

Logicalman is correct that the advertising is generally targeted to individual internet searches. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Logicalman

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 30, 2017, 03:49:58 PM
My objection is due to the Sun's part in the aftermath following the Hillsborough disaster, and as such I feel that given this is a football forum it shouldn't be allowed to advertise. I avoid their websites at all cost so I very much doubt it's linked to my IP.

I can fully understand why you object to their advertising on the basis of their post-Hillsborough actions, but one might need to be careful with such things, as it might, given the actions of some of the Police following the same, did things that they shouldn't have. Does that mean that every person living in their jurisdiction refuse to call the Police even if they need them? I know I'm playing devils advocate with that analogy, and not attempting to lessen The Sun's poor judgement, bit you just have to accept that, unless a site is actively seeking the promotion of a particular advertiser, then it's just pot luck when one might appear.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.