watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

england ladies

Started by nose, July 30, 2017, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

know there is another thread but the title is misleading....

Based on what I saw the ladies deserve their own FoF thread headlined accordingly

And they desrve our imense congratulations for what they have achieved and putting the mens dreadful lack of progress to shame.

Lighthouse

Didn't enjoy their time wasting tactics but could understand it. Great result against one of the top teams. Very nerve wracking and a shame they have to play the Netherlands in the semi final. They haven't had the easiest of routes so far.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

nose

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 30, 2017, 11:50:22 PM
Didn't enjoy their time wasting tactics but could understand it. Great result against one of the top teams. Very nerve wracking and a shame they have to play the Netherlands in the semi final. They haven't had the easiest of routes so far.

a little bit of luck, loads of effort and spirit, two or three really good players and a manager that has instilled masses of self belief.
bronze is brilliant, the two front girls too and whilst the back four are a very good defensive unit, they waste the ball far too often is my biggest issue. however, you cannot argue with the fantastic progress under this manager. very exciting game tonight, unfortunately i think i will miss the semi die to a pre exisiting appointment, unless I can sneak away, I will certainly be trying.

Holders

I agree they waste the ball a lot, nose, although last night wasn't one of their better games. How many times they pass the ball forward to someone who's got three players on her when a crab pass is available.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

stevehawkinslidingtackle

One of the best sporting events I have ever witnessed. Incredible game. Pace, power , precision passing, great goalkeeping and towering headers everywhere all over the park. I'd love to go into more detail but i' m having a manicure at 11.

Lighthouse

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 31, 2017, 10:23:30 AM
One of the best sporting events I have ever witnessed. Incredible game. Pace, power , precision passing, great goalkeeping and towering headers everywhere all over the park. I'd love to go into more detail but i' m having a manicure at 11.

This is your sixth post on the subject of womens sport that you have already said you dislike. Now going over two threads. Could I ask you to keep to the one thread please otherwise it looks like a WUM. Thanks.

nose

Quote from: Holders on July 31, 2017, 06:22:50 AM
I agree they waste the ball a lot, nose, although last night wasn't one of their better games. How many times they pass the ball forward to someone who's got three players on her when a crab pass is available.

I like what we do. I kniow often we just knock it around te back and seem to go nowhere but make the opposition chase, work the openings and then spring the trap, on the other hand, if you aren't that confident better to hit it long... and who am I to be critical, another win is another win!

I am still very very unhasppy i am unlikely to be able to watch the next match live....

Lighthouse

Remember the opposition. You have to consider that if you are playing a side that is one of the top teams in the World. Known for quick attacks on the wing and a strong defence. You have to set your stall out to match that. The problem was that after we scored we rarely saw the ball again in an advanced area. The defence is solid but like Fulham relies on attacking full backs. Once they were pushed back there seemed little outlet.

Holders

We started well but France took control mid-way through the first half. Thankfully we scored a good breakaway goal.

We were lucky that France were missing Renard and one other but Le Sommer looks useful. For a littl'un can't she jump!

Twig

They certainly get my full support and admiration.  As to your repetitive misogynistic comments, I think you have made your attitudes perfectly clear.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2017, 10:44:33 AM

This is your sixth post on the subject of womens sport that you have already said you dislike. Now going over two threads. Could I ask you to keep to the one thread please otherwise it looks like a WUM. Thanks.

But OK for you to comment on both threads, as only positives opinions count. No WUM here lovey, just my opinion, and just as valid as yours. Thanks.

nose

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 31, 2017, 01:11:57 PM

But OK for you to comment on both threads, as only positives opinions count. No WUM here lovey, just my opinion, and just as valid as yours. Thanks.

i didn't want to get involved here but the thread I started is to congratulate the ladies for a wonderful achievement, it is a little churlish to keep repeating you do not like female sport. I agree the standard is less than the men and week on week I probably wouldn't watch but the competition in this tournament is terrific and the women are showing a level of commitment that the male team would be well to replicate.

I think the showcase is brilliant for ladies football and it really does need it. I hope young females are inspired by what we are seeing and take up the game on a greater basis. I also hope the men will learn from a greater level of sportmanship (sportspersonship).

Holders

Female football is different but has its own interest, their relative lesser strength tends to lead to more close passing than long ball. So long as they're playing against other women it makes a good contest.

Our ladies have just won the cricket world cup in a thrilling final with no shortage of skill and we hold the women's rugby world cup as well. I don't knock it.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: nose on July 31, 2017, 01:29:36 PM
Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on July 31, 2017, 01:11:57 PM

i didn't want to get involved here but the thread I started is to congratulate the ladies for a wonderful achievement, it is a little churlish to keep repeating you do not like female sport. I agree the standard is less than the men and week on week I probably wouldn't watch but the competition in this tournament is terrific and the women are showing a level of commitment that the male team would be well to replicate.

I think the showcase is brilliant for ladies football and it really does need it. I hope young females are inspired by what we are seeing and take up the game on a greater basis. I also hope the men will learn from a greater level of sportmanship (sportspersonship).

Not sure what the issue is conk.  If you read my post i'm agreeing. I now love it and concur all feelings towards the magnificence of womens sport. I realise It's much easier on this forum to just go with the flow and agree with the majority or you are quickly cast to one side ala ' Ralph ' from Lord of the Flies.
Right i' m off for a game of twilight golf at the beautiful Cooden Beach. I might even hit a few off the red tees in celebration to my new outlook on life.

SP

Didn't catch the full interview, but did England's (Welsh) manager slip in a couple of sly digs at the England mens team tournament achievements?

Lighthouse

Karen Bardsley the English keeper who limped out of the quarter final has broken her Fibula. Makes the semi final against The Netherlands even more nervy.

AlexW132

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 01, 2017, 01:35:46 PM
Karen Bardsley the English keeper who limped out of the quarter final has broken her Fibula. Makes the semi final against The Netherlands even more nervy.
Incidently, her backup Siobhan Chamberlain is a Fulham fan!

Holders

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 01, 2017, 01:37:11 PM

She didn't impress me until now.

alfie

Siobhan was my keeper when I was manager of the ladies reserves.
She was a good outfield player as well.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Holders

Quote from: alfie on August 01, 2017, 07:50:13 PM
Siobhan was my keeper when I was manager of the ladies reserves.
She was a good outfield player as well.

How good is she? She looked very nervous when she came on against France.