Main Menu

Ivan Berry (matchday announcer) FOF'erview

Started by dannyboi-ffc, August 02, 2017, 07:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Great read. Good work Danny and any others involved
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Woolly Mammoth

As we know the PA system at times is inaudible, and can be a little too loud, and tends to make things distorted.
But he could also help by talking a little slower, he may mean well with his enthusiasm but it does not make for good listening at times. 
I feel there is room for improvement, which can be easily rectified and resolved with a little effort.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Holders on August 02, 2017, 01:31:51 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 02, 2017, 01:28:12 PM
Quote from: Holders on August 02, 2017, 12:58:34 PM
Ever thought of Mark Maunders, Danny? He works at the club so should be easy to contact.

If he works for the club it'll have to go through WW. But thanks for the tip, I'll mention it to WW.

As I recall, he used to be a volunteer/casual then he got a proper job at the club. I dropped him a line to congratulate him and he took the trouble to telephone me to thank me. Top bloke. I think his job now is concerned with player welfare - including bedding-in the overseas players but I may be out of date in that.

Ok mate. Gotta be honest, not heard the name before but we will look into it.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: rweller86 on August 02, 2017, 01:31:26 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 02, 2017, 01:29:55 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on August 02, 2017, 01:05:53 PM
Thanks Danny.  Another great read.  One question you did not ask though.  "When are the club going to install a PA system that means we can actually hear what you are saying?"

Lol again I repeat I don't have any trouble hearing/ understanding him. So the question would never have crossed my mind
Same - hear him perfectly from JH stand. Maybe it's other areas of the ground?! Or old ears?  :022:

Lol and the wife reckons I'm the one going deaf!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Sir Alec of good Stock

My favourite announcer was Colin Kempster. One classic moment when he announced the teams whilst obviously eating a sandwich.

ffc2004

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 02, 2017, 02:01:03 PM
Ever thought of Mark Maunders, Danny? He works at the club so should be easy to contact.

If he works for the club it'll have to go through WW. But thanks for the tip, I'll mention it to WW.

As I recall, he used to be a volunteer/casual then he got a proper job at the club. I dropped him a line to congratulate him and he took the trouble to telephone me to thank me. Top bloke. I think his job now is concerned with player welfare - including bedding-in the overseas players but I may be out of date in that.

Maunders has been there for a while now, and is indeed on the player welfare side.  Massive role.

rweller86

Quote from: ffc2004 on August 02, 2017, 03:48:59 PM

Maunders has been there for a while now, and is indeed on the player welfare side.  Massive role.
Would be good to get his take on the likes of Jozabed who couldn't settle.
@rweller

dannyboi-ffc

Cheers. I'll mention it to WW later today when we record the FOFcast

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: rweller86 on August 02, 2017, 03:52:17 PM

Would be good to get his take on the likes of Jozabed who couldn't settle.

I know Mark, lovely fella, got a lot of time for Mark.
Been at the club a long time now, think his role before was press officer I think it was actually Club spokes person.
As others have said now looks after the players and very well respected within the club.

dannyboi-ffc

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

howitis

Iavn Berry = zero charisma and stupid questions. If anyone heard the interview with Dejagah at half time during the Wolfsburg match you would surely agree. It was embarrassing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: howitis on August 03, 2017, 09:25:42 AM
Iavn Berry = zero charisma and stupid questions. If anyone heard the interview with Dejagah at half time during the Wolfsburg match you would surely agree. It was embarrassing.

Now you have jogged my memory, yes it was really amateurish, and the questions were a source of embarrassment. I got the impression Dejagah couldn't wait to get away from him. That was a poor show.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Burt

Always slightly bemused how some are so ready to have a pop at people who give up their time for our club...! Oh well... Each to their own.

Thanks Danny for continuing to provide interesting interviews  049:gif

St. Andrews White

Thanks Danny, a good read! I think he does a good job but even to my youngish ears he could slow down for the HE a little!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

westcliff white

If HE relates to half time entertainement, then Ivan has 15 minute sto cram stuff in, not what he organises what the club do. Lets stop beating on the poor uy, he does his job as best he can, like we all do
Every day is a Fulham day

St. Andrews White

Quote from: westcliff white on August 03, 2017, 01:53:10 PM
If HE relates to half time entertainement, then Ivan has 15 minute sto cram stuff in, not what he organises what the club do. Lets stop beating on the poor uy, he does his job as best he can, like we all do
Haha no sorry, I was referring to the hammy end! I don't mind the half time entertainment whatsoever, of course that would be crammed in. Meant more for the in game announcements

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

PokerMatt

Ivan seems like a good guy.

Cheers for this mate - good read.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

dannyboi-ffc

I think to put it into perspective. For any of these people to give up their time to answer either Darren or my questions shows they are good hearted people. Nobody to this day have ask for anything in return for doing this, if there is an issue with understanding him cos of the tannoy system or because in your opinion it's a bit too fast, no problem. Like most have done in a friendly constructive way. But to use this as an opportunity to bash the bloke is really disappointing and imo it mugs the poster off more than it does Ivan.

And for the record, Ivan is a top bloke. Very friendly and helpful which is the type of person I like to associate with when addressing our football club.

Thanks for reading  049:gif

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: St. Andrews White on August 03, 2017, 01:54:27 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 03, 2017, 01:53:10 PM
Haha no sorry, I was referring to the hammy end! I don't mind the half time entertainment whatsoever, of course that would be crammed in. Meant more for the in game announcements

Lol your youngish ears!

I've mentioned to Ivan about the tannoy system. He thought the JH stand was worst affected but I sit there and told him I hear him perfectly.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Southcoastffc

Looking at the wider context re noise, to be fair, I think that we all know that Craven Cottage acoustics are not the best.  When I used to be in the JH stand, it was often difficult to hear the Hammy End - even if you could see that parts of it were rocking.  For some reason I don't understand, the Putney End seems to transmit noise more than any other stand (and that's not just because of good away support).    I think an acoustics engineer could have a field day sorting our noise problems.

Re Ivan, I've said before that he comes across well in Danny's interview.  Sitting in the HE these days, I do think he'd be heard more clearly there if he could slow down a little.  I don't recall that Diddy was as difficult to understand.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.