Classic94

Assuming we have a fully fit squad and no last minute signings, I'd wager:

Betts

Fredericks, Kalas, Ream, Sessegnon

Cairney, McDonald

Aluko, Johansen, Ayite

Kamara

Button, Odoi, Cisse, Norwood, Piazon, Kebano, Woodrow

Looks decent on paper. Having shelled out almost £6m for Kamara, he'll likely be a key man from the off. The alternative is shoehorning Ayite in as the lone striker. He starts for me.

Marcel_Gecov

If all fit that looks pretty good. Moving Norwood in for Cairney if injured and then Edun onto the bench. We are desperately lacking a decent Cb though for cover.

rweller86

@rweller

Lighthouse

I would have like to see Odoi at left back during pre season. But it doesn't look as if that is an option for the manager. The big concern are the injury problems and the lack of a decent centre half. Kalas is good but I would have liked another player to join him.

But that would certainly be the team we hope would start.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 02, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
I would have like to see Odoi at left back during pre season. But it doesn't look as if that is an option for the manager. The big concern are the injury problems and the lack of a decent centre half. Kalas is good but I would have liked another player to join him.

but we did sign another cb along with kalas. Not my particular cup of tea as he looks very slow to me, but somone at the club liked the look of him. And also Mcdonald done OK at times at CB and he is big and slow too. So he might be better than we think if and when called upon
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

but we did sign another cb along with kalas. Not my particular cup of tea as he looks very slow to me, but somone at the club liked the look of him. And also Mcdonald done OK at times at CB and he is big and slow too. So he might be better than we think if and when called upon

I agree about MacDonald and another good reason we have strengthened the midfield in case he drops back. However there is little doubt that Djalo will not be a regular in the side. He was always going to be just a squad player. Before he came there was speculation he was just replacing Cameron Burgess.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Classic94

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2017, 12:23:36 PM

Both McDonald and Odoi can do a job there but we likely need another CB. Madl seems very injury prone, Djalo's unconvincing and Sigurdsson's just hopeless. Also a little competition for Ream/Kalas can't be a bad thing.

Woolly Mammoth

We do need another quality centre back, and if we do not bring one in, the club may live to regret it.
As for the OP team line up, I cannot really disagree, injuries permitting, I like Kebano, but you can only pick 11.
A strong looking bench, but no CB, which highlights why we need another orthodox quality Centre Back who will be good enough to be a starter.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnEssexFan

I think due to injuries we'll line up:

Betts

Fredricks     Kalas     Ream     Sessegnon

McDonald

Norwood              Johansen

Aluko                                                     Piazon

Ayite

Button
Odoi
Madl
Cisse
Woodrow
Kamara
@leightonrw07

aaronmcguigan

Consensus of themmuns predictions....:

So far we've seen Farke favouring a 4-3-3 that switches to a 4-1-4-1 without the ball, or playing a 3-4-3.

With two centre backs he's favoured the Franke-Zimmerman partnership.

Since it's his first game, and away at that, I reckon he might be tempted to go with a little more steel in midfield (especially with Naismith out).

Gunn
Martin Franke Zimmerman Husband
Tettey
Watkins Reed Vrancic Murphy
Oliveria

Re: Fulham - Your Starting XI

If we went back three then I'd like the look of this...

Gunn

Zimmerman, Martin, Franke

Wildschut, Vranic, Reed, Husbands

Murphy, Nelson, Watkins

Bench of McGovern, Godfrey, Tettey, Jerome, Wes, Lewis, Cantwell

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: AnEssexFan on August 02, 2017, 05:35:58 PM

Betts

McDonald

Ayite

Button
Odoi
Madl
Cisse
Woodrow
Kamara

Yep I think that's pretty close unless the formation changes.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

fulhamben

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 02, 2017, 05:56:08 PM
Quote from: AnEssexFan on August 02, 2017, 05:35:58 PM

Betts

McDonald

Ayite

Button
Odoi
Madl
Cisse
Woodrow
Kamara

Yep I think that's pretty close unless the formation changes.
I'll be disappointed if piazon gets the nod. Would rather push sess up and play Odoi left back.

aaronmcguigan

If we're going on pre season form, I think he'll pick 5 subs and 2 of them will be keepers

filham

Just hope Ream can keep up the form he shewed at the end of last season otherwise our back four is not going to keep a clean sheet.
Remember Malone was preferred to the talented Sess. and defensively he will be missed.

JackHFFC1990

Bettinelli
Fredericks Kalas Ream Sessegnon
                          McDonald
              Cairney           Johansen
Aluko                  Kebano             Ayite

Subs - Button, Madl , Odoi , Ciise, Norwood , Piazon, Kamara

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2017, 10:16:24 PM
Just hope Ream can keep up the form he shewed at the end of last season otherwise our back four is not going to keep a clean sheet.
Remember Malone was preferred to the talented Sess. and defensively he will be missed.
defence wasn't malones strong point though, in fact I willing to bet we conceded less when sess went to left nack

Fulhamerica23

Betts; Fredricks, Kalas, Ream, Sessegnon; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Aluko, Kamara, Ayite.

Lotta pace and skill here.

3-1 to the good guys.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 03, 2017, 01:36:27 AM
Betts; Fredricks, Kalas, Ream, Sessegnon; McDonald, Johansen, Cairney; Aluko, Kamara, Ayite.

3-1 to the good guys.

Yes plenty of pace in abundance, let's hope there are no injury issues,
and I hope Fulham are the good guys on Saturday.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Fulhamerica23 on August 03, 2017, 01:36:27 AM

3-1 to the good guys.

That is a very pacey side - any idea on Norwich's CBs? Are they particularly quick?

I've got to be honest guys, the idea of that attack up against Samba and Terry in a few weeks makes me so happy   :wine:

Barrett487

Fredericks against Husband will be an interesting match up.... two speedy attacking full-backs with short fuses.