News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do Clubs Charge What They Like For Replica Strips?

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 02, 2017, 08:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

I was glancing through new strips and came across a Highland League side called Rothes,they have a smart new strip by none other than Adidas the same as us.
So I went on their club site for a look just to see price and its £35...
We are charging £50,who makes that price up.Same shirts just different colours.

filham

Club prices are so high , I am surprised there are not fakes on sale in every high street.

Tabby

Clubs charge whatever they want. I'd be surprised if they cost more than £10 to buy for the club.

bobbo

1975 just leaving home full of hope

wheelerdeeler

You're buying the "brand" as much as the actual shirt, with the brand in this case being the badge on the front. So naturally a team like us will cost more than a no-name Highland League team. It's also why teams like Chelsea charge more than us.

hovewhite

Wont buy a shirt for £50 no way and feel for parents who buy kits for kids

AlexW132

Quote from: filham on August 02, 2017, 09:02:36 PM
Club prices are so high , I am surprised there are not fakes on sale in every high street.
In Windsor for example there are plenty

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 09:08:38 PM
You're buying the "brand" as much as the actual shirt, with the brand in this case being the badge on the front. So naturally a team like us will cost more than a no-name Highland League team. It's also why teams like Chelsea charge more than us.

The point is there both Adidas shirts,and their non league one looks just as good or better design than ours.

BarryP

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2017, 10:16:43 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 02, 2017, 09:08:38 PM

The point is there both Adidas shirts,and their non league one looks just as good or better design than ours.

The law of supply and demand.  Nothing more, nothing less.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Southcoastffc

We have friends from New York staying and today they bought their 9 year old nephew a Man Utd shirt for £40!!! Crazy.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AlexW132

Quote from: Southcoastffc on August 02, 2017, 10:56:13 PM
We have friends from New York staying and today they bought their 9 year old nephew a Man Utd shirt for £40!!! Crazy.
Our kids shirts cost that much too tbf

aaronmcguigan

Not 100% but thinking the manufacturer sets the price . Fulham have the adidas money from their contract, and it's up to adidas to max the sales due to design and  pricing ?

RaySmith

It has to be priced at what the market will take - that is, a price that people are prepared to pay. If people didn't buy them, the price would soon drop.

To some extent, I think a lot of people like the like the association of an expensive shirt, that can only be bought from the actual club they support (an 'authentic', legal shirt, that is), especially supporters of clubs like  ManU, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. - they like to think of themselves as an elite, as fans of a wealthy club.

No-one is forced to buy a shirt, and I haven't bought one for years.

Wolf

A great benefit of being a under 10 Fulham season ticket holder is you get a voucher for a home shirt at just £10.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dhowells21

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 03, 2017, 01:57:45 AM
Not 100% but thinking the manufacturer sets the price . Fulham have the adidas money from their contract, and it's up to adidas to max the sales due to design and  pricing ?

Pretty sure this is how it works.

As the clubs get no money from the actual shirt sales whatsoever (only the contract to supply), so guess it's got to be the supplier that sets the price, otherwise it's madness.