watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

england ladies

Started by nose, July 30, 2017, 10:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

I am a great admirer of women's sport, especially as not only are England doing exceptionally well in the football with their fighting spirit, and never say die attitude.
England women's Rugby team are World Champions, as are the England women's Cricket team.
So lots to be proud of with regard to the England women's sports teams. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

Well done the women :clap_hands:

Holders

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 02, 2017, 12:04:23 AM
I am a great admirer of women's sport, especially as not only are England doing exceptionally well in the football with their fighting spirit, and never say die attitude.
England women's Rugby team are World Champions, as are the England women's Cricket team.
So lots to be proud of with regard to the England women's sports teams. 

So true, they can only beat the team in front of them.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Pumped 3-0, out, and some real predictible comical gaffs to bow out on. As per most women's sport ,  ironically turned over by the more masculine side on the night. Hopefully BBC sport football page will now give them their own page so this rubbish is not shoved in our face every day. Man city ladies 9 Arsenal Ladies 8 . Gawd help me. Roll on Saturday.

AlexW132

Terrible performance. 2nd goal was an absolute joke, but to be fair the Dutch were really good. At the end of the day they were just much more physically capable, and to be honest, technically as well. Good effort to get to the semis though, especially considering injuries.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 03, 2017, 10:56:22 PM
Terrible performance. 2nd goal was an absolute joke, but to be fair the Dutch were really good. At the end of the day they were just much more physically capable, and to be honest, technically as well. Good effort to get to the semis though, especially considering injuries.

I have to agree with you, a dissapointing night at the office, we did well to get this far. The second goal was a farce and after that it was a mountain to climb.
But the Dutch were on top of their game tonight.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

Poor tactics at the start just hoofing high balls. Then started to come back. Gave away a poor second goal and then began playacting and diving instead of playing. A dreadful performance. Still it has been good up to now. Done a power of good for the game. Now we know the Women can mess things up too.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlexW132

Also worth pointing out Bronze got taken out in the box around the 75th minute clear penalty but we didn't get it. Strange, considering she didn't get a yellow for diving.

Neil D

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 03, 2017, 11:29:16 PM
Poor tactics at the start just hoofing high balls. Then started to come back. Gave away a poor second goal and then began playacting and diving instead of playing. A dreadful performance. Still it has been good up to now. Done a power of good for the game. Now we know the Women can mess things up too.
The Dutch were streets ahead technically.  Hoofball is never going to win tournaments and so the manager must bear responsibility for the inept tactics.  Also the English women tried to compensate for their technical inferiority with a more physical game - never going to work. 

Burt

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on August 03, 2017, 10:54:08 PM
Pumped 3-0, out, and some real predictible comical gaffs to bow out on. As per most women's sport ,  ironically turned over by the more masculine side on the night. Hopefully BBC sport football page will now give them their own page so this rubbish is not shoved in our face every day. Man city ladies 9 Arsenal Ladies 8 . Gawd help me. Roll on Saturday.

There's more women in this country than men so why shouldn't they get the coverage? And as they are more successful than their male counterparts in football, rugby, cricket, hockey, etc. then fair play to them.

Wolf

I saw the last 35 minutes and England were horrible: diving and hoofing. Netherlands soaked up the pressure easily. The second goal was ridiculously bad, but then I saw a goal earlier in the tournament when the goalkeeper threw or kicked the ball onto the forward's back, presenting them with an easy finish. Glad its all over.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

bobbo

Quote from: AlexW132 on August 04, 2017, 12:00:14 AM
Also worth pointing out Bronze got taken out in the box around the 75th minute clear penalty but we didn't get it. Strange, considering she didn't get a yellow for diving.
sorry your so wrong she was going down before the tackle I,m as dissapointed as all are but we were second best from the first whistle. Congratulations to the all for achieving what they did.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: Wolf on August 04, 2017, 08:48:17 AM
I saw the last 35 minutes and England were horrible: diving and hoofing. Netherlands soaked up the pressure easily. The second goal was ridiculously bad, but then I saw a goal earlier in the tournament when the goalkeeper threw or kicked the ball onto the forward's back, presenting them with an easy finish. Glad its all over.

0001.jpeg