watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wycombe

Started by uzuccher96, August 03, 2017, 02:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzuccher96

Never been there, I'm going on the next Tuesday for the match. Is that a nice place?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Chutney

Quote from: uzuccher96 on August 03, 2017, 02:26:29 PM
Never been there, I'm going on the next Tuesday for the match. Is that a nice place?

Its nice on the outskirts, not so nice in the centre, there are worse away days.
C O Y W

dhowells21

About a 6 or 7 out of 10 in my book. Definitely above average, but definitely not one of the best.

Nice enough old ground, and close enough to bring a good away following.

Town center won't exactly excite you too much mind.

Probably (annoyingly) be better for a Saturday game, as then you could go exploring in the local greenery.

uzuccher96

On Tuesday I'm not going to work and I will be there in the morning, so I will see the countryside

dhowells21

Very nice. Marlow & Henley are nice !

Barry White

I work in Wycombe.. it's an absolute dive!

Plenty of pubs in the town centre though if you want to drink there before hand. Train station is 2 minute walk into town centre, however it will be a bus / uber out to the ground unless you fancy a 45 minute walk.

It's murder getting out of the ground if you park in their car park so I'd suggest parking on the nearby streets and walking down if you're driving.

uzuccher96

Unfortunately I'm going there by train. I was thinking to visit Henley on Thames and then to move by coach in Marlow. So I will have at least three hours in the afternoon to see High Wycombe

JoelH5

Went to University/Lived there for 3 years...

Outskirts are nice, town center area is a hell hole.

The shopping center however is actually quite nice, bar the clientele.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Barry White

Marlow & Henley are really nice but the trains to Wycombe from there aren't great, Marylebone - Wycombe or Paddington - Bourne End / Marlow

copthornemike

The ground itself (Adams Park) is one of those newer stadiums - practically good modern facilities toilets, catering car parking, etc but no atmosphere in my opinion so not a 'must see.' Used to be groundshared with Wasps Rugby.
High Wycombe itself is not attractive - unlike nearby West Wycombe (approx 2-4 miles away) which is definitely worth visiting.
As stated by other posters Henley & Marlow are well worth visiting, both on the Thames and attractive with good pubs and eateries. Excellent Wetherspoons in Henley (The Catherine Wheel) - an old coaching inn with an excellent good value hotel.

Woolly Mammoth

The ground has a nice sunset.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bog

I am going to stay in Hazelmere with a cousin who, when I saw the draw, suddenly became very visitable! :022: Can vouch for the comments on Marlowe! Never been to Adam's Park.

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2017, 04:43:39 PM

I hope the sun does not go down on our involvement.... :doh:

092.gif

harry palmer

I'm a local and live in Marlow.
The ground is at the end of an industrial estate. The businesses on the estate usually let you park on their premises for £5-£10.
There is an away bar at the club, otherwise the nearest pub is Hour Glass about 10 mins walk away but it is for WW fans.
Marlow is 15 mins away by car and is a lot nicer for beers and grub. I recommend The Ship, The Chequers & Claytons Bar.

Looking forward to this chant on Tuesday:-

"Conway from the half-way line"   

Two Ton Ted

Conroy, from the halfway line!

Been there too many times, away end is a basic concrete all seater, ground is miles from the railway, if you drive park away from the ground or it'll take you 45 mins to get out of the local car parks. It's a short hop from the M40 though through some lovely old country lanes,

Enjoy.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Neil D

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2017, 04:43:39 PM
Indeed.  Last season's fixture witnessed a spectacular sunset; hence the chant: 'Only here for the sunset, we're only here for the sunset.  The ground is in fact nicely situated with wooded hills around it. 

daveyork

Used to live in Marlow very up market these days but not actually far from ground so maybe a taxi would be a good option. Most drivers know the best drop off/pick up points.