more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sigurdsson's Russian Loan

Started by WhiteJC, August 03, 2017, 04:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Sigurdsson's Russian Loan

The Club can confirm that Ragnar Sigurdsson has joined Rubin Kazan on a season-long loan deal.

The centre-back scored once in 18 appearances for the Whites last term.

We wish Ragnar the best of luck during his time in Russia.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/august/03/sigurdssons-russian-loan

MikeW

I love the way they mention he scored a goal!  As the one with massive egg on face as I thought he was the defensive saviour  I was rather hoping they would acknowledge how many he stopped.  Perhaps stat boy says its zero?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Milo

As close as possible to banishing him to Siberia for crimes against defending.

Twig

Shame it didn't work out at Fulham for him and I wish him luck in Russia.

filham

His world cup performances, the goal against England , and the price tag all lead us to believe that we had signed possibly our best centre back since Hangeland. The message to be learnt is beware of players from abroad without Championship experience.
The big, big question of course is was he approved by Stats Boy.

nose

History says never buy an unknown based on couple of good games at an international tournament unless he was already firmly on the radar.
I thought siv was a poor signing or if you prefer very big gamble.

I thouggt he started quite well but soon showed himself to be well out of his comfort zone.

I wush him luck, shame that our inexperienced management continue not to bring in people that ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

There's an old joke that goes....
When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with exoerience gets some money, and the man with money gets some experience.

Sort of sums up the ridiculous transfer policy we have

YoungsBitter

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2017, 05:40:59 PM
His world cup performances, the goal against England , and the price tag all lead us to believe that we had signed possibly our best centre back since Hangeland. The message to be learnt is beware of players from abroad without Championship experience.
The big, big question of course is was he approved by Stats Boy.
It does raise the question for defenders what are key stats: tackles made, headers won, pass completion, goals conceded etc seem pretty positive and measurable. However when there are 3 defenders, no one closes the ball carrier down and it creates the overlap and they score, how is that measured, defending is more a group activity arguably than midfield or forwards? Malone gets caught forward and we get done with overload on the break, is that in a stat against Ream who tried to make the last tackle in vain or against Malone for getting caught out of position?
Sigg and to a certain extent the same criticisms are being made about Djalo, is slow to read the game, gets caught out of position and is guilty of ball watching. How is that measured?

Luckily from everything we have heard and read there is a 3 boxes ticked system, stats, scouting and Manager all have to thumbs up for a signing to be made. Altho some people on here think that does not happen every time Joka has a whine.....
Quark, strangeness and charm

Southcoastffc

Shame - I wish him well but think he always seemed to have trouble completing a steady 90 minutes.  Concentration not his thing.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

J.Perkins

He was not suited to our system in anyway. Much like Button, I did feel sorry for him.

As a defender in our high line, you have to be competent on the ball and be relatively quick. He ticked neither of those boxes.

Good for him going back to Russia, where I'm sure he'll be a useful asset.

@jolslover

Quote from: J.Perkins on August 03, 2017, 07:52:52 PM
He was not suited to our system in anyway. Much like Button, I did feel sorry for him.

As a defender in our high line, you have to be competent on the ball and be relatively quick. He ticked neither of those boxes.

Good for him going back to Russia, where I'm sure he'll be a useful asset.

Real. Good post. That's why it doesn't make sense when people suggest Flint. Who also doesn't tick either box.
STH H3

Jims Dentist

Quote from: nose on August 03, 2017, 05:57:38 PM
History says never buy an unknown based on couple of good games at an international tournament unless he was already firmly on the radar.

I thouggt he started quite well but soon showed himself to be well out of his comfort zone.

Quote from: nose on August 03, 2017, 05:57:38 PM

I wush him luck, shame that our inexperienced management continue not to bring in people that ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING.

When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with exoerience gets some money, and the man with money gets some experience.

Nice one

[/quote Good quote Nose.
The next question being (in this case) does the man with money learn from the experience?
I think we would both say NO, certainly not so far.
As I have posted before a number of us would do a better job than Khan Cline & Macintosh.