http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40827104

Yeah right

Perhaps we should have a poll for his reasons
1. Wasn't getting enough game time at Barcelona
2. Wanted to be nearer a good baguette shop
3. All his best mates are French
4. Hated paella
5.Wanted to learn another language
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

bog

filham

Something is so wrong in football if any one club can afford to splash that sort of money on one player.

Twig

I simply do not understand how PSG are not in contravention of FFP. 

grandad

The gossip pages still link them to buying more big money players.
Please, please let the bubble burst of these big money clube.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on August 04, 2017, 05:25:40 PM
The gossip pages still link them to buying more big money players.
Please, please let the bubble burst of these big money clube.

I fully agree with you there, how can it be a level playing field, apart from the fact that it's obscene.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Nero

He moved as he was the last name in the 3 msn he wants to be the main main not the 3rd man

Mince n Tatties

You got to laugh,Not for money.
The transfer was held up till August so his Dad got 35 million out of the deal...Games gone Mad.

fulhamben

Not read most of it, but is it not possible that he also wanted to get out of Messi shadow?  After all when you are on that type of money does an extra 100k really make a difference? He already had more money than he could spend
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

I am to understand that it is alleged that he wanted to screw as much money as he could so as to be able to afford to wear four pairs of trousers at a time. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ToodlesMcToot

What's Neymar supposed to say really? He can't say the truth - that it's all about the money, that it'll set him, his children and his children's children for life, that it'll set his parent and grandparents (if they are living) up for life and that it'll likely set his friends and their families up for life (all this in comparison to their lives living in a Sao Paulo favela). Of course, it about the money. It's about greed for getting as much out of these clubs willing to pay insane levels of money so that they can make their own insane levels of money bastardizing the game.

He needs to lie for their supporters and for the club. Everyone everywhere knows what it was about. The people who buy PSG's merchandise and tickets to their games only want to hear him say he loves PSG and Paris and them. So that's what he says. Helps everyone get past the fact that Qatar just paid more for one player than the club itself was worth just a few seasons ago.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 04, 2017, 07:44:46 PM
What's Neymar supposed to say really? He can't say the truth - that it's all about the money, that it'll set him, his children and his children's children for life, that it'll set his parent and grandparents (if they are living) up for life and that it'll likely set his friends and their families up for life (all this in comparison to their lives living in a Sao Paulo favela). Of course, it about the money. It's about greed for getting as much out of these clubs willing to pay insane levels of money so that they can make their own insane levels of money bastardizing the game.

He needs to lie for their supporters and for the club. Everyone everywhere knows what it was about. The people who buy PSG's merchandise and tickets to their games only want to hear him say he loves PSG and Paris and them. So that's what he says. Helps everyone get past the fact that Qatar just paid more for one player than the club itself was worth just a few seasons ago.

0001.jpeg

Supermitch

He's been a fan of PSG since he was a child and it has always been his dream to play for them.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Supermitch on August 05, 2017, 07:39:55 AM
He's been a fan of PSG since he was a child and it has always been his dream to play for them.

lol.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Twig on August 04, 2017, 05:22:57 PM
I simply do not understand how PSG are not in contravention of FFP.

Talk sport for all its chap summed this us.

It's the keep the rich, rich and to stop the small guys from becoming a threat.

Other than that they were slating PSG for being the biggest team and how disheartening it is for the other clubs as apart from last year they dominate.... I did think what about Celtic they have no competition.

Asotosyios

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 04, 2017, 07:44:46 PM

Totally agree with that, but have to say that us, the fans, are a bit of hypocrites.
We are the first to point the finger when a different club pays crazy money accusing them that they "buy the league" and the footballer is greedy, etc. and the first again to celebrate if our club does the same thing.

Burt

How can any player be worth EUR 220m in transfer fees and £26m net per year wages is beyond me - the world has gone completely bonkers.

096.gig

Luka

He trousers £500k per week net, gets to play football for a living and lives in Paris.
I'm not surprised he took the offer, the rest is just PR and if they can splash that amount and want to on just one player, it's thier choice.

What is more shocking is that PSG are charging almost £140 for a football shirt.
That is plain wrong.

HatterDon

Quote from: Supermitch on August 05, 2017, 07:39:55 AM

ahhh, now I understand... it's the Bullard/Hull City thing again.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel