more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

test for reload

Started by ShortCummins, October 04, 2009, 02:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShortCummins

this thread was started @ 14:54

i've set the page re-load to 5 mins, so the page should be reloaded at around 15:00

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

ShortCummins

this was udpated on a Mac OSX, Safari browser. 

this spell checker appears to let you add words, how clever

is Fulham in the dictionary? yes it is

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

spoil check using Google Chrome

ShortCummins

Love Child

Hi John,

The 'reload' works fine but there is one problem. If you are typing out a long post, the page refreshes & knocks you off what you are typing. It's hard to explain but if you are not looking and still tapping keys, you've come off post & accessing thing on your PC. This could be highly frustrating for the slower typing members like myself.

Logicalman

Vista even in IE 8, by jeeves.

wot about the spell-checker then?

whoa, it all works jest fine ..... including the pweview

Logicalman

Vista + chrome 3.0.195
Looking good in the nayborhood

passed ....

One thing though - I noticed the spell checker always appears in IE. That could be a problem as IE sometimes locks up. Any chance of opening the spell checker in the same app as the editor (not window - just a new thread of the same)?

WhiteJC

Quote from: Love Child on October 07, 2009, 03:16:27 PM
Hi John,

The 'reload' works fine but there is one problem. If you are typing out a long post, the page refreshes & knocks you off what you are typing. It's hard to explain but if you are not looking and still tapping keys, you've come off post & accessing thing on your PC. This could be highly frustrating for the slower typing members like myself.

the refresh is currently set to approx 3 mins, I'll extend it to 10 mins

WhiteJC

Quote from: Logicalman on October 09, 2009, 11:34:47 AM
Vista + chrome 3.0.195
Looking good in the nayborhood

passed ....

One thing though - I noticed the spell checker always appears in IE. That could be a problem as IE sometimes locks up. Any chance of opening the spell checker in the same app as the editor (not window - just a new thread of the same)?

PHP doesn't include (by default) a 'native' spell checker, its an add-on. The current hosting company haven't implemented the spell check therefore I've installed a 'stand-alone' version. This version requires its own window, I'm reasonably sure that the 'native' version would require a separate window also