News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you take Patrick Roberts back on loan?

Started by The Fulham Boy, August 05, 2017, 11:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fulham Boy

Based on raw quality, I think we would all have him back on a permanent (never going to happen), but would you have him on loan for the season?

Would it be disruptive for the team, or benefit the team? Would he be motivated to perform well?

I for one feel the club have been too reliant on loans over the past few seasons, including the run up to our relegation. It leaves the permanent squad light in numbers and boosts it with players who know there is no risk to them come the end of the season. However, I do think the selective, strategic loans with players with something to prove to their parent club/footballing community do work.

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Holders

I was gutted when he left but not sure we need him now.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Tabby

If we hadn't gotten Piazon in on loan he'd be a solid signing. I don't think we need any more attacking midfielders at this point.

Not like we'd have a chance now anyway, with Premier League clubs knocking at the door asking to loan him.

filham

I was so disappointed when he left as I thought he was our most promising player since Haynes but not sure I want him back just for a season and not sure at the moment who would make way for him.

nose

No
He's gone and making a new life elsewhere.

grandad

No thanks. He showed not a wafer of thanks for bringing him on through the academy. Let him rue the day he went for the big money transfer. He will drift from club to club never really feeling part of any of them.
Where there's a will there's a wife

F(f)CUK

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: grandad on August 05, 2017, 11:31:25 AM
No thanks. He showed not a wafer of thanks for bringing him on through the academy. Let him rue the day he went for the big money transfer. He will drift from club to club never really feeling part of any of them.

Does Roberts need to show thanks ? He has undoubted ability which was always going to attract a top level team, it's just a shame it ended up being a club who doesn't go with young talent. But I don't think he needs to come back and say thanks to anyone. Everyone who helped develop him are paid well for the job they do and the club received far more than the cost it took to develop him. The money exchanged was nothing to do with Patrick anyway.

And as for going from club to club not feeling part of anything, most Celtic fans worship him and want him back, he's won 4 trophies with them in 18 months, and regardless of level, that's a great  return .

any club in the league would be lucky to have him and I would disagree that he wouldn't get in a team ahead of Aluko ? The boy is only going to keep improving and he will be in his prime soon.

That said it's ridiculous even talking about a player who isnt ours, wouldn't come to this league and isn't what we need in terms of priorities.

We can talk about his ability but to judge him on it only being Celtic, only being SPL, or the way he left us is a tad unfair

Bassey the warrior

No. We have enough wingers. Besides, he deserves to play week in week out. He's not guaranteed that here.

General

Not for me either..  I don't see him as a step up on what we have.. in fact he's probably worse as he's less consistent and more hit and miss with effort levels.

He's contributed well at Celtic but didn't set the world alight... moussa I would though... as a centre point for a top three including ayite/neeskens/Aluko etc I think he'd be perfect

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: General on August 05, 2017, 12:44:58 PM
Not for me either..  I don't see him as a step up on what we have.. in fact he's probably worse as he's less consistent and more hit and miss with effort levels.

He's contributed well at Celtic but didn't set the world alight... moussa I would though... as a centre point for a top three including ayite/neeskens/Aluko etc I think he'd be perfect

Spot on