prediction for my posting in may

Started by nose, August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 07, 2017, 02:25:44 PM
Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on August 07, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
"MAF was successful because he brought in top management"

Sanchez?
Chris Coleman ( first management job and MAF hardly gave him a tenner to buy anyone)
Tigana who after a wonderful honeymoon he sacked and took him to court claiming he had paid too much for a couple of players. Which he lost and lost again to the tune of £2 million when Tigana took him to court.
Mark Hughes went after 11 months saying we had no ambition.
We had Roy and Keegan in MAF' s time but let's not get carried away with the belief that it was all Sun shine and roses. MAF threw a lot of money around to get us into the Premiership something you can't do now and you could argue his reluctance to pump money in after getting to the Europa final lead to our decline.
Khan' s doing it his way good luck to him.
I'll repeat my earlier question.
"Just out of interest. How much should the Club have spent in this window. Who should we have brought and who sold?"

The thing is with our 7m, we are actually the 7th highest spenders so far this season. When you take out Boro (who have spent 43m and to my mind haven't strengthened much) and Mendes Fc (Wolves) we are up there with your Leeds', Derby's etc. People talk as if everyone is spunking money left and right but it isn't reality.

If we get Waris/Fonte and Bryan that'll be circa 10million+ which will put us 3rd. I dont get what people are moaning about. No other championship team has bought a player i wish we had taken instead. We have spent more than teams like Stoke and Spurs....
[/quote\]

It's neither here nor there whether we are the top spenders or the bottom spenders or in the middle spenders. I am not bit interested in what other teams spend.
But one things for sure, at this moment, if we do not spend money bringing a Centre Back, Striker, and a left back, certainly at least 2 out of those 3.
Then any chance of going up this season is severely reduced, and the likelyhood of maybe not even reaching a top six place.
It's a thin squad, vunerable to any injury crises, and a defence that it likely to concede in every match.
Some supporters may even say we also need a top draw Goalkeeper, but I can live with the Keepers we have, providing we can strengthen the other 3 positions I mentioned.
We may not be able to hang on to our prized assets if we fail to get promoted this season, or our manager even.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Twig

Woolly is right; whichever way you look at it it's a thin squad. We are already bemoaning the impact of niggles/ minor injuries to two key players (not to mention Betts) and it's only the start of the season.  We absolutely need a CB, a LB and ideally another striker.  OK, one or two youngsters may break through during the season, but at the very minimum the reinforcements to the back four are essential if we have any serious promotion ambitions.

Peabody

Nose, I am not saying your prediction is wrong, just that it is premature, you mention your wisdom and you then make a prediction for next May. If you are right, then good luck. However, if you are wrong.... Would it not have been better too wait and see, after all you are in no position to influence our transfer policy, none of us are.

dhowells21

Good to see one of these again. It had almost been 3 days.

Look forward to reading it again Wednesday morning after the Wycombe game.

nose

Quote from: Peabody on August 07, 2017, 02:56:18 PM
Nose, I am not saying your prediction is wrong, just that it is premature, you mention your wisdom and you then make a prediction for next May. If you are right, then good luck. However, if you are wrong.... Would it not have been better too wait and see, after all you are in no position to influence our transfer policy, none of us are.
I thought about that but actully i honestly wanted to get my thought out there (modern young speak) and see how right or wrong my thinking was.
I hope i am spectacularly wrong for all the right reasons.

nose

Quote from: dhowells21 on August 07, 2017, 04:21:53 PM

Maybe but i think i am nearing journeys endvwith this one.
Wycombe will probably see the b team so no real indicator there.

colinwhite

Nose ,nothing personal,l but I predict and hope (like yourself) that you will be eating humble pie at the end of the season.

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: nose on August 07, 2017, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: dhowells21 on August 07, 2017, 04:21:53 PM

Maybe but i think i am nearing journeys endvwith this one.
Wycombe will probably see the b team so no real indicator there.

I don't think it will be a total B team but there will be fringe players involved. So that will go some way in proving or disproving whether we have some quality in depth.

Woolly Mammoth

I have no problem playing some youngsters as one or two of them could show that they are capable of playing with the first team, and may even solve an issue we have with cover for positions we are light on.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.