watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

prediction for my posting in may

Started by nose, August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Befoe a ball is kicked in anger or the  transfer window closed.

I predict by the end of may (or before)...
I will be saying the season was lost in july for the lack of sesible purchasing activity.
I suspect i will be lamenting letting joca slip through our fingers in mid winter
I anticipate sess and cairney will be making plans for futures elsewhere.

That is how i honestly see it.

I wish our management would suddenly burst into life and prove me specacularly wrong.
However, to date, they have managed not to really show the necessary imagination or ambition.

Mybiggest hope is i was so wrong somebody will dig this out and embarass me.....

I am sure we will remain the best football team, but with an inadequate squad.

PokerMatt

On the one hand I think it must be great to be so gloomy because each day must be full of wonderful and unexpected surprises.

But then those wonderful silver linings probably have a cloud too.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

nose

Quote from: PokerMatt on August 05, 2017, 12:25:49 PM
On the one hand I think it must be great to be so gloomy because each day must be full of wonderful and unexpected surprises.

But then those wonderful silver linings probably have a cloud too.

Exactly... you understand... it can only be better than my nightmare.

fulhamben

Shock horror, but I'm actually quite happy with our summer dealings. Think we just need some games under our belts to remind us all how good we actually are coyws
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

BedsFFC

Quote from: nose on August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 AM
Befoe a ball is kicked in anger or the  transfer window closed.

I predict by the end of may (or before)...
I will be saying the season was lost in july for the lack of sesible purchasing activity.

I think we all can predict you will be saying that ad infinitum

HatterDon

so, will you now sit quietly for the rest of the season and then ... AND ONLY THEN ... return to the subject at hand to evaluate your predictions?

please?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

VicHalomsLovechild

I wish our management would suddenly burst into life and prove me specacularly wrong.
However, to date, they have managed not to really show the necessary imagination or ambition.

Mybiggest hope is i was so wrong somebody will dig this out and embarass me.....
[/quote]

Just out of interest. How much should the Club have spent in this window. Who should we have brought and who sold?

As per your last remark I, like many other FoFers  have put a mark on nexth years Calendar.

dannyboi-ffc

In the bottom 6, in the top 6. Some things never change
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Peabody

nose

For those that doubt me...
Game one.bwe played pretty ineffective football. we do not have a squad we have some good players, a briiant manager and a dreadfully misguided and inexperienced senior management that seem incapable of learning simple lessons.

If i didn't post the 'everything is fine and our signongs wrre inspired' clique would scare off the eyes open brigade.

Yesterdaybwad a point won not two lost, cairney not fully fit, no kmac, no center forward.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: nose on August 06, 2017, 04:04:19 PM
Game one.bwe played pretty ineffective football. we do not have a squad we have some good players, a briiant manager and a dreadfully misguided and inexperienced senior management that seem incapable of learning simple lessons.

If i didn't post the 'everything is fine and our signongs wrre inspired' clique would scare off the eyes open brigade.

Yesterdaybwad a point won not two lost, cairney not fully fit, no kmac, no center forward.

And 12 months ago.......

Game 1- Newcastle lost 1v0 at the Cottage.
Game 2- Newcastle lost at home to Huddersfield.

Game 1- Fulham beat Newcastle 1v0 at the Cottage.
Game 2- Fulham beat Preston away.

Newcastle 0points.
Fulham 6points.

After game 46..............

Newcastle CHAMPIONS
Fulham losing out in playoffs.

At least wait until May like you said before you can justify it. And then if you're right i will hold my hands up and say fair play. But its gonna be a long season if this thread is bumped up every time we don't get 3 points.

Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Baszab

Nose ..... unusually........you're right

If only they would build up the squad with a little more investment

Some of our attacking play yesterday was sublime

What a hole in front of the back 4 (or 3)

Carborundum

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on August 05, 2017, 01:32:25 PM
so, will you now sit quietly for the rest of the season and then ... AND ONLY THEN ... return to the subject at hand to evaluate your predictions?

please?

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

nose

Quote from: Baszab on August 06, 2017, 05:22:34 PM
Nose ..... unusually........you're right

If only they would build up the squad with a little more investment

Some of our attacking play yesterday was sublime

What a hole in front of the back 4 (or 3)

Unusually?
Most of my analysis is spot on but doesn't resonate with the people that think we are in a good place or that the season starts february ands may.
I know you are your own person and actually will eventually come to love my wisdom.

nose

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 06, 2017, 04:22:15 PM
Quote from: nose on August 06, 2017, 04:04:19 PM

And 12 months ago.......

Game 1- Newcastle lost 1v0 at the Cottage.
Game 2- Newcastle lost at home to Huddersfield.

Game 1- Fulham beat Newcastle 1v0 at the Cottage.
Game 2- Fulham beat Preston away.

Newcastle 0points.
Fulham 6points.

After game 46..............

Newcastle CHAMPIONS
Fulham losing out in playoffs.

At least wait until May like you said before you can justify it. And then if you're right i will hold my hands up and say fair play. But its gonna be a long season if this thread is bumped up every time we don't get 3 points.

Everything you say makes a lot of sense. My OP was an attempt to stick my neck out and predict what 'I' will be saying next May.

The issue for me is simple, rthe management are repeating the avoidable errors they made last season. We are working to a theory rather than being run by experience. MAF was succesful because he brought in top management, he just motivated, and money of course. The se guys still work to a nonsensical business mosdel that is not applicable to a football team.

Panic buys and loans will not do if we are to be succesful, the business we have done is inadequatte leaving the squad painfull thin again....  i see nothing that suggests we will replicate newcastle. .. they did wnhat needed to be done. They had a slow start but full squad...we  need reinforcements.

Not moaning just trying to get them to wake up and smell the coffee, or telll us more honestly what their ambition is.

VicHalomsLovechild

"MAF was successful because he brought in top management"

Sanchez?
Chris Coleman ( first management job and MAF hardly gave him a tenner to buy anyone)
Tigana who after a wonderful honeymoon he sacked and took him to court claiming he had paid too much for a couple of players. Which he lost and lost again to the tune of £2 million when Tigana took him to court.
Mark Hughes went after 11 months saying we had no ambition.
We had Roy and Keegan in MAF' s time but let's not get carried away with the belief that it was all Sun shine and roses. MAF threw a lot of money around to get us into the Premiership something you can't do now and you could argue his reluctance to pump money in after getting to the Europa final lead to our decline.
Khan' s doing it his way good luck to him.
I'll repeat my earlier question.
"Just out of interest. How much should the Club have spent in this window. Who should we have brought and who sold?"

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on August 07, 2017, 02:18:43 PM
"MAF was successful because he brought in top management"

Sanchez?
Chris Coleman ( first management job and MAF hardly gave him a tenner to buy anyone)
Tigana who after a wonderful honeymoon he sacked and took him to court claiming he had paid too much for a couple of players. Which he lost and lost again to the tune of £2 million when Tigana took him to court.
Mark Hughes went after 11 months saying we had no ambition.
We had Roy and Keegan in MAF' s time but let's not get carried away with the belief that it was all Sun shine and roses. MAF threw a lot of money around to get us into the Premiership something you can't do now and you could argue his reluctance to pump money in after getting to the Europa final lead to our decline.
Khan' s doing it his way good luck to him.
I'll repeat my earlier question.
"Just out of interest. How much should the Club have spent in this window. Who should we have brought and who sold?"

The thing is with our 7m, we are actually the 7th highest spenders so far this season. When you take out Boro (who have spent 43m and to my mind haven't strengthened much) and Mendes Fc (Wolves) we are up there with your Leeds', Derby's etc. People talk as if everyone is spunking money left and right but it isn't reality.

If we get Waris/Fonte and Bryan that'll be circa 10million+ which will put us 3rd. I dont get what people are moaning about. No other championship team has bought a player i wish we had taken instead. We have spent more than teams like Stoke and Spurs....