more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pre match music noise

Started by Sinjun, August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Andy S on August 06, 2017, 10:54:56 AM
Oh dear this could happen every match if they are regulars. By the end of the season you may be invited to the funeral.

As far as the tannoy system is concerned you cannot please everyone and if a speaker is right above you it will sound louder than if it were a little further along. The Hammy End in H6 I cannot hear the announcer as he talks much too fast. Everything disappears in to the echo. The interviews are a waste of time. We obviously need a better system. I suspect it will improve over time but at the minute it is awful

I sat in the Riverside for the friendly for a change then back to the JH stand for the league games as I'm an ST holder there. I don't know if they tried to improve the PA system during the close season but I think they failed miserably, I cannot understand what the match day commentator is saying, in both stands, because he sounds to loud and muffled. I've written to the club about it and I'm awaiting a reply.

jarv

Anyone remember the best pre match song we had....Afternoon Delight. I assume was chosen when games started at 3pm on Saturday. Great song though. :HD:

RP24

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2017, 08:39:24 AM
Quote from: bobbo on August 06, 2017, 08:25:12 AM
Quote from: Sinjun on August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 PM
Is it me, an old bloke, or is the pre match music noise
ridiculously loud? I like to chat to the people around me prior
to the match, but it has now become virtually impossible due to the
volume of the music. Turn it down!!!!
ive said this on many occasions. Most only see and meet the folks around you on matchdays and it's good to have a chat of course. But this is virtually impossible with the very loud music,
.please I implore anyone with any influence to try and get something done about it.

I have some wire cutters that are the business, I have some Ex army surplus camouflage uniform and a ton of boot polish I collected from Military days to rub on my boat race to enable me to go on a mission to silence the din once and for all.
I shall approach from the south side of the river in the dead of night. By swimming against a fierce current to reach the Riverside stand to enable me to tackle a different kind of current, an electric one to be precise, which will be running through a cable to the loudspeakers.
Hence the wire cutters.
Thats the best I can offer.

This genuinely made me laugh out loud at work, which in my office is very frowned upon. Many an eyebrow were raised but thank you for the mid afternoon entertainment.  065.gif

Holders

Quote from: jarv on August 08, 2017, 12:40:42 PM
Anyone remember the best pre match song we had....Afternoon Delight. I assume was chosen when games started at 3pm on Saturday. Great song though. :HD:

I remember when they used to play Nutbush City Limits before each game.

I do think that the music is far too loud now, or maybe that's mainly because it's mostly not my sort of music and I'd rather not hear it at all.

Does anyone remember the  away ground where they used to mic and replay over the tannoy the cheers or whatever from the home supporters because there were so few of them?

I l
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

dhowells21

Quote from: Roberty on August 06, 2017, 08:57:29 AM
Even more annoying are people who sit within earshot and chatter through both halves about anything but the match

Yesterday I had a running commentary on the cricket, family holidays, work issues and older family members health issues

I'm not sure if they stopped at half-time because I went to the bar

Probably in the minority, but I will defend this behaviour.
For instance I go to Fulham with my dad, who I only really see at the football, so we do tend to have a chat whilst the game is on (and not just about Fulham/football).
For me the experience isn't 100% about the football, it's the whole day out of being at the football and catching up with family and friends as well.