Started by Sinjun, August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinjun

Is it me, an old bloke, or is the pre match music noise
ridiculously loud? I like to chat to the people around me prior
to the match, but it has now become virtually impossible due to the
volume of the music. Turn it down!!!!

aaronmcguigan

Contact the club. I'm sure they'll welcome the feedback.

Woolly Mammoth

I had ear muffs on and cotton wool in my ears, but I had an Ear Trumpet and I still could not hear myself speak.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

love4ffc

When I went last season with Dannyboi, we sat in JH Stands.  Don't recall it being too load that I could not carry on a conversation.  Was even able to talk to Dannyboi's mom who was behind us.  Wonder if it is loader in the Riverside? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Carborundum

Towards the end of last season the audio system in the stadium wasn't really working properly.  There's clearly been a few bit of sprucing up around the ground and sorting the system out is one of the actions taken.  It's as clear as a bell now.  Maybe some fine tuning with the volume in some areas, but seemed ok in the JH stand

Neil D

It is an awful din in the Riverside certainly.  What purpose does it serve?  Get rid of it.

bobbo

Quote from: Sinjun on August 05, 2017, 11:40:51 PM
ive said this on many occasions. Most only see and meet the folks around you on matchdays and it's good to have a chat of course. But this is virtually impossible with the very loud music,
.please I implore anyone with any influence to try and get something done about it.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on August 06, 2017, 08:25:12 AM
ive said this on many occasions. Most only see and meet the folks around you on matchdays and it's good to have a chat of course. But this is virtually impossible with the very loud music,
.please I implore anyone with any influence to try and get something done about it.

I have some wire cutters that are the business, I have some Ex army surplus camouflage uniform and a ton of boot polish I collected from Military days to rub on my boat race to enable me to go on a mission to silence the din once and for all.
I shall approach from the south side of the river in the dead of night. By swimming against a fierce current to reach the Riverside stand to enable me to tackle a different kind of current, an electric one to be precise, which will be running through a cable to the loudspeakers.
Hence the wire cutters.
Thats the best I can offer.

Never forget your Roots.

Roberty

Even more annoying are people who sit within earshot and chatter through both halves about anything but the match

Yesterday I had a running commentary on the cricket, family holidays, work issues and older family members health issues

I'm not sure if they stopped at half-time because I went to the bar
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

BedsFFC

ridiculously loud?

Honestly, I'd say it was probably you. I doubt whether you are alone in thinking that, especially in the Riverside. We do seem to have a certain "type" that tend to sit in the Riverside. These people have as much rights as the rest of us.

What I do know is that at the start of last season, Slavisa personally requested the music be turned up prior to games.

You can hear the noise from the changing rooms. Our players are young men going into battle. Personally, I'd give them as much as the manager needs to get them fired up.

If you must engage with people around you, can't you use snapchat or some other form of normal communication tool?

Andy S

Oh dear this could happen every match if they are regulars. By the end of the season you may be invited to the funeral.

As far as the tannoy system is concerned you cannot please everyone and if a speaker is right above you it will sound louder than if it were a little further along. The Hammy End in H6 I cannot hear the announcer as he talks much too fast. Everything disappears in to the echo. The interviews are a waste of time. We obviously need a better system. I suspect it will improve over time but at the minute it is awful

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 06, 2017, 08:39:24 AM
Quote from: bobbo on August 06, 2017, 08:25:12 AM

I have some wire cutters that are the business, I have some Ex army surplus camouflage uniform and a ton of boot polish I collected from Military days to rub on my boat race to enable me to go on a mission to silence the din once and for all.
I shall approach from the south side of the river in the dead of night. By swimming against a fierce current to reach the Riverside stand to enable me to tackle a different kind of current, an electric one to be precise, which will be running through a cable to the loudspeakers.
Hence the wire cutters.
Thats the best I can offer.
Have you checked to see that you can still get into that uniform, you may be in for a nasty surprise.

filham

I seem to face this loud music problem in lots of places, including when watching BBC documentaries. Even good music in the right places seems to be electronically amplified up to high heaven.
Just can't see the need for it at the |Cottage, as already stated it is a conversation killer.

Robbie

The noise is great, the tunes are awful ... except for the last minute Massive Attack (?) one .. which is great. We need more English classics (The Clash, The Who, Stone Roses...)

I site in the Riverside and am bored of the silence !   No passion, all old men !

Twig

I haven't been for 6 years because is was living abroad.  Can't say I was bothered and it seemed just like old times.

Woolly Mammoth

094.gif
Quote from: Roberty on August 06, 2017, 08:57:29 AM
Even more annoying are people who sit within earshot and chatter through both halves about anything but the match

Yesterday I had a running commentary on the cricket, family holidays, work issues and older family members health issues

No Roberty, they carried on talking, about you actually. Saying that you were not very talkative  as you did not join in their conversation, but they said they hope you will converse with them at the next match.

Never forget your Roots.

epsomraver

Quote from: Roberty on August 06, 2017, 08:57:29 AM

Had the same behind me in the JH, talked the whole game apart from being experts on why a player cut wide instead of in, people who probably didn't make their school team, talked about every club in the Prem, probably the same Tw*ts who are on facebook now saying how crap we were and need 16 new hit the ground running players

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Here's the elongated response I got when I wrote to the club suggesting that they play Black Sabbath, ACDC, Metallica,
and Iron Maiden before games.

"No"
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

David1879

It was very loud (unnecessarily / uncomfortably so) in H3. Had to shout to be heard by the person next to you.
Thought the music played was fine, just turn it down a bit!

Two Ton Ted

Call me an old fashioned curmudgeon (which is true), but it sounded more like an X factor semi final that a football match pre kick off.

I'm all for getting a bit of atmos going, but I think it can have the opposite effect, when the music stopped and the game kick off the stadium was stunned in silence IMO.
Never ever bloody anything ever.