Main Menu

Team for Wycombe

Started by wheelerdeeler, August 06, 2017, 09:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: hovewhite on August 07, 2017, 09:32:07 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2017, 11:08:16 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 06, 2017, 09:01:41 PM
Curious to see what team we play on Tuesday. Personally I couldn't care less about the Carling Cup, but I obviously want us to win every game possible. Think we'll see something like this;

Rodak; Odoi, Djalo, Madl, Opoku; Cisse, Edun, O'Riley; Piazon, Woodrow, Kebano.

Would be tempted to start Cairney to get more minutes into his legs though. Think Kamara could feature as well.

This would be exactly my lineup. With Kamara instead of Woodrow
That team i would go with AK47 on the bench.

Do people not think that DeLaTorre would be ahead of O'Riley? he played 3 times in this cup last season.

DevonFFC

I'd like us to play a starting 11 which we would field in the league. Get a win under the belt, give the boys some confidence and get into the next round. Everyone says I don't care about the league cup, it's a route to Wembley and silverware which I am desperate to see

filham

This game has to be used to give some fringe players game time, key players should be left at home and only thinking about the Reading game.

Kamara may benefit from some game time but Cairney is best rested.

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2017, 11:53:37 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 06, 2017, 10:58:48 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2017, 10:51:46 PM
a lot of our players still need to get fit but, although i'm no expert in this sort if thing, i'd have thought the best way to do that would be controlled conditions in the gym. plus there's the injury risk if they play another game.

therefore i'd play a combination of kids and the new signings who need to adapt to english football

For me something like:

Rodak/Bettinelli??

Fossey - Madl - Djalo - Sessegnon

Cisse
Adeniran
Norwood

Dolan/Williams? - Kamara - Piazon

I don't think Adeniran's fit, which was why I went for O'Riley above him

I actually meant o'riley not Dolan, not that it makes much difference because I've never seen either of them play ...

Statto - which Sessegnon did you have in mind ?

If it was Ryan I would have the opinion it was not good to be putting the stress of three matches in a week on such a young player

If it was Steven - I agree - we need to see what else we have in our locker - so him or one of the others rather than Ryan
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Marcel_Gecov

I can see Edun or similar in LB, resting Sessegnon for the bench for Saturday (penciled in for 30 minutes) and have DeLaTorre in the midfield alongside Nrowood and Cisse.

Button
Fred  Kalas  Madl Edun
           Cisse
    Norwood   DeLaTorre
Aluko                   Piazon
              Kamara

Subs: Rodak, Odoi, Ream, o'Riley, KMac, Kebano, Woodrow

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on August 07, 2017, 11:10:48 AM
Roberty it was Ryan, but IMO Odoi should start at LB next Saturday so I'd rest him on Tuesday. I can see a lot of people are proposing to do it the other way around, i.e., to play Odoi on Tuesday and I assume they'd then play Sessegnon on Saturday

Stephen Sessegnon is another one I still have t seen play to be honest but a good shout, I agree

I don't know about you but I'm a bit confused as to whether RS is a defender or an attacker since SJ has played him in both rolls and for England he was an attacker in the recent tournament.

Since we still have a lot of football to play this season - I'm sure RS is going to get lots of game time somewhere in the team without having to put him into this game because if we are to play at the intensity that SJ wants he is going to have to rotate the players

I also saw RS take an elbow in the face before he went off on Saturday so he may need time to recover.

Since we still think that we might need a LB - on this board anyway - it might be an idea to see what we have in our locker - I have never seen any of the younger players play - so maybe it is time for one of them go on show before the window closes?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Two Ton Ted

He won't start with anyone likely to be in the squad on Saturday, I reckon it'll be a largely u-23 team.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on August 07, 2017, 09:43:54 AM
Quote from: hovewhite on August 07, 2017, 09:32:07 AM
Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2017, 11:08:16 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 06, 2017, 09:01:41 PM
Curious to see what team we play on Tuesday. Personally I couldn't care less about the Carling Cup, but I obviously want us to win every game possible. Think we'll see something like this;

Rodak; Odoi, Djalo, Madl, Opoku; Cisse, Edun, O'Riley; Piazon, Woodrow, Kebano.

Would be tempted to start Cairney to get more minutes into his legs though. Think Kamara could feature as well.

This would be exactly my lineup. With Kamara instead of Woodrow
That team i would go with AK47 on the bench.

Do people not think that DeLaTorre would be ahead of O'Riley? he played 3 times in this cup last season.

He's injured. Still a few weeks away. That's why we didn't see much late in preseason.

Twig

Quote from: love4ffc on August 07, 2017, 01:49:01 AM
I've been unusually busy this last month or so.  Feel I'm not up to date on everything concerning the team.  Help me out here.  Why did Button get the nod for the first game of the season?  Is Betts hurt? 

Don't get me wrong, Button did a fantastic job in the opening game and deserves the nod for the next game.  I just thought Butts had finished out last season extremely well.  Would have thought he would have been starting out as our number 1 this season. 

Betts is injured that's why Rodak was the sunj

fulhamfan

Where will the designated Fulham pub be?