watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Wycombe

Started by wheelerdeeler, August 06, 2017, 09:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelerdeeler

Curious to see what team we play on Tuesday. Personally I couldn't care less about the Carling Cup, but I obviously want us to win every game possible. Think we'll see something like this;

Rodak; Odoi, Djalo, Madl, Opoku; Cisse, Edun, O'Riley; Piazon, Woodrow, Kebano.

Would be tempted to start Cairney to get more minutes into his legs though. Think Kamara could feature as well.

westcliff white

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 06, 2017, 09:01:41 PM
Curious to see what team we play on Tuesday. Personally I couldn't care less about the Carling Cup, but I obviously want us to win every game possible. Think we'll see something like this;

Would be tempted to start Cairney to get more minutes into his legs though. Think Kamara could feature as well.
Personally I would give AK a start, the more he gets used to the tactics the better, and maybe an early goal in his career would help. Also playing a fair few of the first team match squad
Every day is a Fulham day

RaySmith

Yes, good idea to give AK a game, and a strong team - why not?

Baszab

Because the competition is a waste of time and most of the team looked absolutely knackered after about 70 minutes and we were holding on desperately

westcliff white

I'm not saying okay the whole team, but I would start Cisse, Odoi, Madl, Piazon, Kamara etc as they need game time and for the new lads it helps them get used to the style
Every day is a Fulham day

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2017, 10:51:46 PM
a lot of our players still need to get fit but, although i'm no expert in this sort if thing, i'd have thought the best way to do that would be controlled conditions in the gym. plus there's the injury risk if they play another game.

therefore i'd play a combination of kids and the new signings who need to adapt to english football

For me something like:

Rodak/Bettinelli??

Fossey - Madl - Djalo - Sessegnon

Cisse
Adeniran
Norwood

Dolan/Williams? - Kamara - Piazon

I don't think Adeniran's fit, which was why I went for O'Riley above him

dannyboi-ffc

Betts/ Rodak

Edun
Madl
Djalo
Odoi

Ciise
O'Riley
Adeniran/ Norwood

Piazon
Kamara
De la torre
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

fulhamben

He played a lot of kids in this last year. Would imagine he will do the same again
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: westcliff white on August 06, 2017, 10:25:40 PM
I'm not saying okay the whole team, but I would start Cisse, Odoi, Madl, Piazon, Kamara etc as they need game time and for the new lads it helps them get used to the style

Curious to hear whether you'd start Cairney and give him 60 Minutes. For me he looked way off the pace on Saturday and needs more minutes in his legs. Mind you he seemed to be struggling with his knee by the end anyway. One to watch.

@jolslover

This would be exactly my lineup. With Kamara instead of Woodrow
STH H3

Deuce

Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2017, 11:08:16 PM

Agreed.

If Kmac is fit then I'd probably want him to get 45 min. Maybe give Sess 45 min on lb to shake off the Norwich-match. And give TC 25 min

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: Statto on August 06, 2017, 10:51:46 PM
a lot of our players still need to get fit but, although i'm no expert in this sort if thing, i'd have thought the best way to do that would be controlled conditions in the gym. plus there's the injury risk if they play another game.

therefore i'd play a combination of kids and the new signings who need to adapt to english football

For me something like:

Rodak/Bettinelli??

Fossey - Madl - Djalo - Sessegnon

Cisse
Adeniran
Norwood

Dolan/Williams? - Kamara - Piazon

Fossey is out long term I believe. Torn knee up with US U20s this summer.

Tabby

Breaking in the new boys and blooding the kids. Would like a midfield three of Edun, Cisse and Norwood, could be interesting. Kamara up top to get him settled in, I hope Luca De La Torre gets a chance as well.

I'm not convinced by Opoku so far, looked well out of his depth during all the friendlies I saw. Might be too much too soon.

love4ffc

I've been unusually busy this last month or so.  Feel I'm not up to date on everything concerning the team.  Help me out here.  Why did Button get the nod for the first game of the season?  Is Betts hurt? 

Don't get me wrong, Button did a fantastic job in the opening game and deserves the nod for the next game.  I just thought Butts had finished out last season extremely well.  Would have thought he would have been starting out as our number 1 this season. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Fulhamerica23

Button; Odoi, Djalo, Madl, Edun; Cisse, Norwood, Piazon; Sess, Kamara, Kebano

Tomo

I'd like to see:

Rodak

Sessengon
Madl
Ream
Odoi

Cisse
Edun
Norwood

Piazon
Kamara
De La Torre

"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

f bloke

It is unfair to judge Opoko on his left back performances He is a CB. He has the totally wrong size and build to be a FB. I have yet to see a player who is equally as home at CB as FB. Maybe do a job for a game or two but that is all. They are fundamentally different positions requiring very different attributes

RaySmith

Full-backs are expected to be quick, even in the days when they weren't  expected to be wingers too.

The CB is usually a big, strong bloke who therefore isn't that quick and doesn't need to be -positioning sense, strength and good in the air being more important.

So yes, you're right, different attributes for  each position.

Of course, in the present Fulham team, everyone is expected to be good on the ball and passing accurately.

JackHFFC1990

Need to rest a few but still keep the team strong enough to go through to Round 2. Starting Kamara is important I feel so for me

Button
Odoi Djalo Madl Sess
                 Ciise
        Norwood Edun
Piazon                  Kebano
              Kamara

Subs - Rodak , Ream , Fredericks , Johansen,  O'Riley , Ayite , Woodrow

hovewhite

Quote from: @jolslover on August 06, 2017, 11:08:16 PM

That team i would go with AK47 on the bench.