more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

RIP Glen Campbell

Started by Mince n Tatties, August 09, 2017, 07:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Glen Campbell dies at 81.
One of the best in my book,released his last album back in June this year.
So many wonderful songs over the years.
RIP Glenn.

Fulham 442

Wichita Lineman is one of my favourite all time songs.  Thankfully he is now at peace, Alzheimer's is a horrible illness.  RIP Glen.

colinwhite

RIP Glen. Fantastic singer and gitarrist. One of the all-time greats.

WhiteJC

Mince n Tatties

Sir Alec of good Stock

He continued to record and tour with the help of his family when was diagnosed with Alzheimers. A one time Beach Boy and great singer and Jimmy Webb wrote some perfect songs for him.

love4ffc

My dad was a huge fan of his so I grew up listening to him all the time.  I heard an old interview with him and some of his kids last night.  One of the kids said because of the Alzheimer's there were times he would not know their names or recognize their faces.  Yet he could pick up his quitar and fun through the frets as if he was a kid again.  Guess his guitar was his anchor in life. 

RIP  9739.gif
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

bog

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 09, 2017, 07:11:08 AM
Wichita Lineman is one of my favourite all time songs.  Thankfully he is now at peace, Alzheimer's is a horrible illness.  RIP Glen.

+1

Carborundum

Grew up with Radio 2 on and so heard a lot of GC at a tender age.  His delivery of Wichita Lineman is very special, like the very best actors, totally immersed in the character.  RIP

Andy S

RIP Glen Campbell. I have been doing request shows on Hospital Radio stations for almost 40 years and Glen is one of the popular favourites with his feel good style of music

kiwian

Watched the doco of his last tour, sad but uplifting at the same time, a real star.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

ScalleysDad

My name is Galvin and so all through school if I dropped a clanger it was "Galveston oh Galveston" . Iin much later years one of the girls at the local football academy picked up on it and from time to time I would be greeted with a slightly altered chorus of it.
I never really paid him much attention but the link on here shows he was a classy fella. RIP

Delboy

He was quick with the gun as well, will rejoin John Wayne for a True Grit reunion upstairs. RIP Glenn.

Keynsham

A real legend, it's such a shame.

Logicalman

Big exposure of him on TV last night, a little naff tbh in places as it showed the progress of his dementia and made me feel more sorry for him rather than being a tribute to his music (which was great).
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Fulham 442

I turned off the programme after ten minutes as I want to remember the man and his music, not be shown the progress of his Alzheimer's. 

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham 442 on August 11, 2017, 08:20:28 AM
I turned off the programme after ten minutes as I want to remember the man and his music, not be shown the progress of his Alzheimer's.

Agreed, after watching for not much longer I felt it wasn't a tribute to his skill, but almost an expose to this terrible disease in the guise of a story about a great musician, and so switched channels.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.