watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What's your match day routine?

Started by The Fulham Boy, August 09, 2017, 07:28:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fulham Boy

Any personal superstitions or check points you make part of the day?

Any point when you start feeling the match day buzz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fulhamben

Bloody loads. Same lucky pants. Can't wear last years shirt as we always lose when I do.  Have to phone my mate when I get to crab tree for a wild prediction of the day, and a hero of the day. Always use the same turnstile too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

SP

During our gradual slide down the premier league I developed loads & looked for omens in all sort of weird & wonderful things.  My favourite was walking over the fancy bridge in Bishop's Park as we'd won a game the first time we did it, I don't think it worked again.  Pretty much reigned them all in now things are back on a more even keel.

Always get something to eat in Putney before heading over to the ground nice & early to get focused.  If we're flush it's Wagamma's, if not, it's a Tesco £3 meal deal.

Back in the day, we'd visit the Cash n Carry to buy boxes of Extra Strong Mints & Fruit Pastiles, beautiful accompanyments for football.  Unfortunately, that sort of sugar burst is now off limits.

nose

too many nonsenisical things that need to be done
some are family traditions
some are unspoken and just known to me.

ffc73

The day invariably ends with me kicking the (imaginary) cat

YankeeJim

Get up about 0600, make coffee and then, usually without any luck, try to find a stream.  :016:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Woolly Mammoth

On my way to the match I always have a couple of pints in any of the pubs or bars in Putney.
I never frequent the same place too often, I like to try different places if I am in the mood. Same on the way back, a couple more pints to oil the moving parts. I have stopped drinking at the ground, apart from the outrageous money they charge for a pint, I cannot drink out of a plastic cup, plus the fact that the bar Staff can't pour a pint properly to save their lives.
Fortunately I am not superstitious, as superstition is a myth, created by the village elders centuries ago to control the rest of the population.
So I have no obsession with match day routine anymore.
Although I admit when I was younger I always took the same girlfriend to a match, until I married her.
I feel I can leave that sort of caper in other peoples capable hands to carry around a rabbits foot, not walk under a ladder, and avoid the lines on pavements or cross their fingers or keep away from black cats. 
I always make sure I wear something different to each match as opposed to the same clothes.
I admit I sit in the the same seat every match. But don't tell anybody.
Whatever I do will not influence the result, unless I ran on the field of play and headed a goalbound shot off our goal line.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Only ritual for me is get paper in putney get a coupon and have a few beers in the railway and get into the cottage 10 minutes to spare before KO.

snarks

As I said on another thread, loads from what and where I eat, what I wear, where I park, the route I use driving in, the turnstile I go through. The list is endless. I get worse as the season goes on.

RaySmith

I always used to phone my mum from a pub-I'm going back to pre-mobile days, probably  the last time I did it we were in the Third Division, my mum died- it didn't matter which pub, I usually visited a few, and she had to wish us luck.

Now I don't have any, well I don't go regularly to the Cottage, apart from having a drink, probably in more than one pub, but not in the ground if I can help it.

terryr

Set the alarm for the middle of the night ( when I'm in Asia or OZ)
In Dubai I usually eat dinner , get buzzed on a bottle of Vino.
Get up wherever I am and listen to GJ
Soon I will be able to watch the game via streaming though still little regarding the sign up process on the offal

F(f)CUK

I never ask my son if we will win as he always says yes and that it will be 1-0. He is always wrong and when I stopped asking him our results improved.

Logicalman

Get up early (for a saturday) get the laptop ready for GJ, search for streams (usually without success), wake the missus up 30 minutes before kickoff, get coffee and breakfast sorted and we sit down to listen for the duration. Oh, yeah, BOTH have to wear the cloth of course!
049:gif
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Twig

Last 6 seasons it was GJ on the laptop in Dubai.  Now it's back to the old routine; we arrive at Hammersmith Stn. walk down by the river (I love that walk, so atmospheric).  See the floodlights on and that's when I get a buzz. We may stop in the Crabtree for a pint and then buy an extortionate programme and head inside in time to listen to the team announcement.  Pint from the excellent real ale bar at half time and then wander back up the river. We often extend the day by having a pint at the Dove and diner and a glass of wine somewhere in Hammersmith while we discuss how the Whites played.