watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we found a gem?

Started by MikeW, August 16, 2017, 01:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeW

Is Odoi the answer to our centre half problem.  He is now one of five and from what I hear/read/see a bit of/ seems to be adapting very well.  Thoughts please!
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

One Martin Thomas

snarks

Hard to say, in the 2 games I've seen (and only seen the replay) he looked very good, playing LB and RB he should be able to cover both CB positions. Individually better than Ream or Kalas, I'm not really sure. If you had asked me at this stage last season (presuming Odoi had played CB and Ream hadn't, I'd say yes, but Ream since Christmas has generally been a great pairing with Kalas, so at the moment I'd stick with them, but I have no concerns playing Odoi anywhere across the back 4.

rweller86

Quote from: MikeW on August 16, 2017, 01:48:38 PM
Is Odoi the answer to our centre half problem.  He is now one of five and from what I hear/read/see a bit of/ seems to be adapting very well.  Thoughts please!
Not for me, but a back up when we are short at CB.
@rweller

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Holders

Just as well we didn't let him go then.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

cmg

However tall he is, he certainly gets up there.

Feet and inches are useful, but spring and timing are what you need. (eg. Gerd Muller)

MikeW

I know I'm ancient but Frank McLintock wasn't that tall - nor Bobby Keetch?  Agree with timing observations.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Porthogs FC

Apparently Madl has a great spring on him - best on the team I heard. And he's pretty short from CB standards

Porthogs FC

Quote from: Porthogs FC on August 16, 2017, 05:12:42 PM
Apparently Madl has a great spring on him - best on the team I heard. And he's pretty short from CB standards
Apparently Jozabed had a crazy good spring too... off topic but very springable.

bog

Sometimes out of adversity comes something unexpected. On the commentary on Radio London he sounded very impressive, they only spoke well of him throughout. I recall Stan Brown started out as a forward and ended up becoming a highly valued midfielder. One who many will never forget...

092.gif   

snarks

Also off topic, but Cyriac had a great leap too.  "rose like a salmon"

hovewhite

Well last nights reaction from SJ nothing about keeping a clean sheet ,ibwould say keep this back line v sheff wed Saturday,it sends a good message not to slide in on a player anytime in the game.

fulhamben

Yes, yes we have. Best cb we have had this season, and the Ream Odoi partnership is the best cb pairing we have had this season. Anyone who says otherwise is living in the past
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Carborundum

He's very very comfortable with a football, anyone watching our warm ups has known this for a while.  Our system call for that in a centre back, so yes we are stronger than we thought we were.  And yet I fear what's going to happen on Saturday.  SW are desperate for a win too and will know Odoi, Ream and Kalas are small.  They have an array of big forwards, with Nuhiu standing at 6'6".

About five years ago WBA turned up with an injury crisis and played four full backs across the back.  Fulham set things up so that there was an aerial bombardment and won comfortably.  I'm fearing a re-run unless the new fellow gets a run out for us.  Playing for set pieces will be right up our opponents street.