watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful

Started by Southcoastffc, August 16, 2017, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southcoastffc

We are one of only 6 Championship teams who remain unbeaten.

049:gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

davew

And only 1 of 7 teams not to have recorded a win so far, reasons to be cheerful, none so far, sorry!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Southcoastffc

Quote from: davew on August 16, 2017, 09:56:42 PM
And only 1 of 7 teams not to have recorded a win so far, reasons to be cheerful, none so far, sorry!!!
My glass is always at least half full! ☺ 082.gif
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Mince n Tatties

You can have 150/1 with VC that we go season unbeaten.Coyw.

Jimpav

Call me an optimist but a point a piece from Reading and Leeds away are good results.

Had we have held on for the win against Norwich things would be lookinga lot rosier.

Onwards and upwards.

Lighthouse

Yeah as somebody who always think things are awful. The last three results would have been pretty good any time of the season. As I said before, could easily have lost all three. Lots of good play and good defensive work as well. A good start in my book against top teams.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 16, 2017, 10:37:40 PM
Yeah as somebody who always think things are awful. The last three results would have been pretty good any time of the season. As I said before, could easily have lost all three. Lots of good play and good defensive work as well. A good start in my book against top teams.

I've thought about this a lot. Emotionally I'm disappointed that we haven't registered a win. That's my heart talking. Look at the circumstances (not gone in our favour) and the opposition and my head says pretty damned decent.

davew

So yeah it must be that my glass is half empty then, 2 years ago the glass was always empty, not sure how anyone would be excited about being undefeated after 3 games which would equal 1 win and 2 losses i.e. 3 points to date! Southcoastffc if you feel that is an achievement after last years effort, well you must have spilt half the contents of your glass, I think the majority of supporters would be slightly (or worse) disappointed with our start to the season and even more worried by the injuries we have at the moment. Unlike many years in the past (and in my case too many years that I wish to recall or remember), what FFC have now is a squad of players who fight and do no throw in the towel, so I will refill the glass and hope we get 3 points on Saturday as we need them!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Rhys Lightning 63

We're one step closer to Wembley with the U21s!!!
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

toshes mate

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 16, 2017, 10:07:04 PM
You can have 150/1 with VC that we go season unbeaten.Coyw.
I wonder what the odds would be on drawing every game and being relegated, not that it is going to ever happen to any team, but just a thought.

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2017, 10:01:50 AM
Quote from: Jimpav on August 16, 2017, 10:27:16 PM
a point a piece from Reading and Leeds away are good results.

Based on... the fact they were good last year?

Intuitively I'd agree with this.

Except... when we go to Ipswich in 9 days, we'll likely be playing a team that's top of the table with 4 wins from 4 (they're 3 from 3 so far and their next game is home to Brentford). But last season Ipswich were dire, finishing only 4 pts above the relegation zone.

So are we going to be consistent and still go into that game judging the opposition on last season and therefore, presumably, settling for no less than a win? Or will we suddenly contradict ourselves and say, "ok they were rubbish last year but they're good now so a draw is still a good result."

For what it's worth, Ipswich are still only 20th with SkyBet in the championship promotion odds. Reading are 17th.

This is how I feel too, Reading are a fairly poor side this year, especially without kermogant. They lost to QPR... Granted we lost a man early on but a draw at Reading is not a great result this year. Leeds away can always be tricky but I'd argue again that we should be winning games like that if we have intentions of automatic promotion. The most frustrating result for me, was Norwich, we need to be beating sides like Norwich at Home.
C O Y W

Keefy

Why bother with a glass when a bottle is available

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: davew on August 16, 2017, 10:55:07 PM
So yeah it must be that my glass is half empty then, 2 years ago the glass was always empty, not sure how anyone would be excited about being undefeated after 3 games which would equal 1 win and 2 losses i.e. 3 points to date! Southcoastffc if you feel that is an achievement after last years effort, well you must have spilt half the contents of your glass, I think the majority of supporters would be slightly (or worse) disappointed with our start to the season and even more worried by the injuries we have at the moment. Unlike many years in the past (and in my case too many years that I wish to recall or remember), what FFC have now is a squad of players who fight and do no throw in the towel, so I will refill the glass and hope we get 3 points on Saturday as we need them!!
Our start against Norwich, Leeds, Reading was against 3 teams who are no pushovers , even allowing for Readings personnel issues. 5 point from those 3 would have been great and no losses is a very very good base, better psychologicaly than if we'd got 3 pts from one win and two defeats.

MJG

Teams and positions of where their opponents now sit.

Cardiff 24/23/18   Avg 21
Wolves 4/15/8     Avg 9
Ipswch 12/17/22  Avg 17

Fulham 10/7/14   Avg  10

Its far too early for tables, but just thought it made interesting reading to understand how things are weighted at the moment.
Just the views of a long term fan

grandad

I am happier with 3 points from 3 draws than if it had been 1 win & 2 defeats.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: grandad on August 17, 2017, 12:55:55 PM
I am happier with 3 points from 3 draws than if it had been 1 win & 2 defeats.

Yes indeed, as one win and two defeats = 3 pts Fulham.  6pts  Opposition.
Whereas.
Three draws = 3pts Fulham.  and only 3pts Opposition.
Fulham are no mugs.
Superb Arithmatic. +➕
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.