News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very disappointed with our midfield today...

Started by LBNo11, September 11, 2010, 10:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...despite the thuggery by the opposition, our midfield seemed too slow to react to situations, they held on to the ball too long when there were men 'on' and were generally not at the races today, passes going astray etc.,

Dempsey, who is one of my favourites, had the worst game I have seen him play, lacklustre and lacking cohesion. Murphs, too slow on the ball and did not 'boss' the midfield like he can, no pace to passes and more like midfield private than general. Etuhu who I have been singing the praises of recently seemed to be playing in a different timescale, no urgency and also holding onto the ball too long and getting caught out, even Simon was guilty of a less than convincing performance.

A bad day at the office quite possibly, but I hope they have a better game next week...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

wadey

gotta say Ed...demps 2nd touch today was a tackle..he looked way off the pace today IMHO

SmithyFFC

Thought Gera was good when he came on, although he obviosuly isn't too keen on a 50-50 tackle and the physical side of the game. Murphy was much better today, good passing, one and two touch, put a few more tackles in second half, still gave the ball away once to often though. Dickson was alright goig forward, but seemed to want an extra two or three touches everytime he got the ball. Davies was good I thought although not at his best.
FTID

Daxidebs

Simon Davies can't do much wrong for me  :004:

clintclintdeuce

Good enough for three points and 5th in the tables im afraid  :57:
The Dude abides.

boxhockcycsock

Gera had a brilliant game, I thought. Etuhu didn't do terribly, but I must agree Murphy had an absolute shocker. He gave up possession easily and was caught flat footed on more than one occasion where he could have easily regained possession. His shots were astray and his passes were duffed.

Davies was causing them problems all day long though. Brilliant game by the Welsh Wizard.

Dempsey seemed winded easily and his shooting was poor, but he did hold up play well. He drew a fair number of fouls because he worked for the ball.
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

TonyGilroy

I thought Murphy was very good yesterday. Back to his best.

I don't think you should underestimate the value of leadership in these types of games and Murphy revels in physical battles. He doesn't get intimidated and won't let others.

WHITEwitch

Funny how players thrive under one manager and not the next and vice versa.  Paintsil had a shocker again yet has been consistent under Roy for two seasons.  Dempsey hasn't got back from the world cup yet hopefully he will return to form soon.

I think the Zamora injury knocked the stuffing out of them for the first half but they seemed to come back stronger after half time. 

Moussa is the find of the decade though I can't imagine we will hold on to him beyond this season if he continues this spate of assists and goals.

Peabody

Well I thought Danny was very good today as hhas been already stated he is not easily intimidated and made some telling passes. As for the midfield, I thought they were ok considering Wolves main aim seemed to be to kick anything that moved.

Hazey

Demps just seemed to be having one of those days where the ball never sat right, was half a foot to the left or right.

Davies was great I thought, should of had two goals.

Dickson was pretty anonymous, made a few runs forward.

Murph really looks to be struggling.
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club